LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Is it just me or does this feel like a Win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's a win if ALEX is back and rebuilding his career from the dead. If he can become our Franchise QB all the other stuff doesn't matter. That's a win regardless of the loss on paper, VD's great game or Crabtrees impressive performace for little time in the system.

All those don't matter compared to ALEX. The bigggest problem we have on this team is lack of a Franchise QB. If we get that one solved we are on our way.

I don't agree with a lot of what you say, but this is right on.

At half, I was thinking that this team is sunk for the season. That offense was not going to win many games. When the game was over, I was no longer thinking that.
It's a win if ALEX is back and rebuilding his career from the dead. If he can become our Franchise QB all the other stuff doesn't matter. That's a win regardless of the loss on paper, VD's great game or Crabtrees impressive performace for little time in the system.

All those don't matter compared to ALEX. The bigggest problem we have on this team is lack of a Franchise QB. If we get that one solved we are on our way.

Agreed. If Alex Smith can genuinely turn this around and resurrect his career, he'll solve A LOT of problems in one go.

We'll have so much more flexibility in the upcoming draft and no more waiting for anybody to develop.

-9fA
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BHulman:
At half, I was thinking that this team is sunk for the season. That offense was not going to win many games. When the game was over, I was no longer thinking that.

Hill is horrible, that's why. He couldn't even make half the throws Alex made today. It gets sickening watching other QBs week after week throw darts all around the field. For once, we were the team doing that. It felt good. I'm excited to see this offense working together with our defense.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

I don't agree with a lot of what you say, but this is right on.

Thumbs up to SanDiego49er if it does work out this way.
Nope, this was still a loss.

I'm happy Alex played well, and I hope he continues good play throughout the rest of the season, but let's wait a few more games before deciding our passing game is A+ caliber. We still have severe problems on the o-line and with the running game. And our Defense will have their hands full with Manning next week.

I'm optimistic with what I saw from the offense after the change. But this was still a loss in a game I thought we should have won coming into today.
Yeah, kind of deflating at the end as I thought we could get into field goal range to attempt the tie...... but in the grand scheme of things it was fun to beat up on the Texans the 2nd half 21-3. When you think you might have one of our biggest problems on offense figured out..... It's a win!!!

Start Alex next Sunday vs. Indy and he gives us a better chance of keeping the score close.

Alex will have some motivation as we played the Colts his rookie season and Manning called him after the loss and told him to hang in there as some friendly QB advice. I say Alex goes in thinking he could throw another 3 TD's with the weapons we have now.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Seeing Crabtree and Alex emerge in the same game gives a lot of hope for the future.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Honestly i think this year is gonna be tough to do anything but if (and i know its an if) Alex can be a good QB, make smart moves in FA and draft well with our 2 1st round picks we can be a dominant team for the next 5 years
Originally posted by BobS:
Seeing Crabtree and Alex emerge in the same game gives a lot of hope for the future.

No, but at least there is some hope. Shuan Hill was maxed out and he wouldn't get us very far the rest of the season, at least with Alex we have a chance and some hope this year and for the future. If he can play well, we may have something long term with him throwing the ball to Crabs and VD.
Originally posted by BobS:

Davis has had good games in the past but I might sneak in on that list as well.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Agreed. If Alex Smith can genuinely turn this around and resurrect his career, he'll solve A LOT of problems in one go.

We'll have so much more flexibility in the upcoming draft and no more waiting for anybody to develop.

-9fA

It would just be huge to the development of this team. If we need another QB it could be 4 - 5 more years until that QB is ready... If Alex turns out we can get defense, O Line or WR or RB depth or Safety. It's a huge deal if we don't need to pick another QB and develop that QB for X # of years while waiting in the interim time period with Shaun "NOODLE ARM" playing...
Shawn Hill isn't that bad idk why so many people are making it seem as if he is terrible at the qb position. He is a good, legit quarterback who doesn't make very mistakes. I honestly believe that if Singletary gave him the opportunity to run more pass plays in the beginning of the game rather than when we need it, he could have shown more of his short throw accuracy. He can deliver the bomb, but not as well as we would hope. But those pass plays will help open up our running game instead of doing our regular run, run, pass, and then punt. If the 49ers learn how to get momentum early in the game, we should have no problems progressing through the season.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by BHulman:

Hill is horrible, that's why. He couldn't even make half the throws Alex made today. It gets sickening watching other QBs week after week throw darts all around the field. For once, we were the team doing that. It felt good. I'm excited to see this offense working together with our defense.
Share 49ersWebzone