LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 302 users in the forums

Maiocco: Singletary undecided on next week's starter at QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MrTreats:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Undecided? Dude doesn't a great game manager when he sees one? Hill all the way! Unless we can find a way to get Trent Dilfer back on our team.

do you have downs?

Do you? What part of that didn't you understand as sarcasm? Great game mananger or Trent Dilfer?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Singletary will be captain dumbf**k is he doesnt start Smith

I think he will start Hill, but yank Hill as soon as he makes a mistake or we go three and out

I don't think so. Last year he benched O'Sullivan and it ended up being permanent. I really can't envision Hill coming out and starting again for this team. In Singletary's press conference, he said something to the effect of, "We have playmakers. We just need someone to get them the ball. We have to figure out who gives us the best chance to win."

^^

Not an exact quote, but similar to what he said. Translation: Smith is starting next week.

Yeah he probably is starting, but Hill is kind of his guy so I dunno. I think that translation of what he says is probably saying that Hill hasn't been getting the ball to the open recievers, and Smith's arm gives him a better shot at it. I hope Alex is the starter.

Well, we saw what having "Nolan guys" did. I would think and I believe his kind of guy would be the guy who gave the Niners the best chance to win. If it's not, he needs to be in Denver with his mentor.
I did not read all of the posts in this thread so I am sure that many said this.....

Singletary is not going to make a statement on his starter after todays game. Why would he? He will take his time, show Hill some respect, and then name Smith the starter only when he needs to. I would guess that this announcment will be Tuesday at the latest.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I did not read all of the posts in this thread so I am sure that many said this.....

Singletary is not going to make a statement on his starter after todays game. Why would he? He will take his time, show Hill some respect, and then name Smith the starter only when he needs to. I would guess that this announcment will be Tuesday at the latest.

this
Originally posted by Thizz415:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
If he says the same thing tomorrow . . . then I'd be shocked

why. It would be better if he doesn't say anything so the colts don't know who will be the starting QB on sunday.

I doubt the Colts are worried. I just have a feeling Singletary will go all in behind Smith tomorrow.
For as much that has been made of Shaun Hills weak arm, he sure does not help it by that funky throwing motion where he seems to snap that ball, like half the motion is missing. It is no wonder the ball looks like it is taking the scenic slow route.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by prometheus:
For as much that has been made of Shaun Hills weak arm, he sure does not help it by that funky throwing motion where he seems to snap that ball, like half the motion is missing. It is no wonder the ball looks like it is taking the scenic slow route.

It's anything but scenic. They come down like aircraft on fire.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by prometheus:

It's anything but scenic. They come down like aircraft on fire.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Honestly there's really nothing to decide. Smith made the best of his opportunity and gave the offense a spark, so he should get the start. He most likely will, I pretty much have no doubt about that.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Honestly there's really nothing to decide. Smith made the best of his opportunity and gave the offense a spark, so he should get the start. He most likely will, I pretty much have no doubt about that.

Well he should but Singletary's lack of declaring it concerns me a bit. Some of Singletary's personnel moves have been very questionable. Start Chilo?... Get rid of our kick returner?... To keep worthless bench players. Very curious.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 25, 2009 at 11:36 PM ]

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Well he should but Singletary's lack of declaring it concerns me a bit. Some of Singletary's personnel moves have been very questionable. Start Chilo?... Get rid of our kick returner?... Too keep worthless bench players. Very curious.

Wragge needs to start in place of Chilo and Spurlock or Reggie Smith needs to start in place of Battle, no if ands or buts about it.
  • trellblaze1
  • Info N/A
Seriously...do some of you even think at all before you post or are you really just that stupid? When has a QB (or any position change) been announced immediately after the game? I guess people think because they can play Madden Football they know how a team should be handled.

The things some of you guys type are amazing...
More I think about it

I think Hill should start.

Do we really want Alex to play against the colts? Who will pressure us and get sacks galore?
More I think about it

Do we really want Alex to play against the colts? Who will pressure us and get sacks galore?

and Hill is great under pressure huh
More I think about it

It could be a very ugly game, but probably uglier with Hill's inability to move us down the field lately.
Share 49ersWebzone