LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

BRINGS TEARS TO ME EYES !!!!!!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80

Besides the 1994 NFC Championship against Dallas, this is my 2nd happiest memory in Niner history....................
That is a good one, but I'll go with Steve and is play in the SB against the Chargers. All kinds of records being broken and Rice catching TD's with one arm. Total manhandling of the Chargers. I was really happy to see him finally win the big one and get "The Monkey" off his back.

Originally posted by ZRF80:

Besides the 1994 NFC Championship against Dallas, this is my 2nd happiest memory in Niner history....................

Aww man I saw Reggie Roby in there. Guy died too soon.
Good thing for us NFL didnt have Challenges back then or it WOULD have gone another way regarding Jerrys catch.

This ranks up there too with Niner moments!

where is the clip of the black pimp with the white suit. he was in the stands cheering after a touchdown.
when was this?
Originally posted by MadMartz:

that's my numero uno niner moment. i was born in 91 so i don't remember much besides the late young years and the t.o. era
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by hardcore49er:
Good thing for us NFL didnt have Challenges back then or it WOULD have gone another way regarding Jerrys catch.

Actually, no..........unless they were playing according to replay rules from 2007.

I remember they did a piece on that game the following year, and Madden pointed out that even if replay was implemented the call would not have been reversed as Jerry was called down by contact. Also, until current rules, you could not challenge a call that the ball was fumbled and recovered by the other team; only if the call went viceversa, you could only reverse that the ball had not been fumbled to begin with.

And btw, some of the old timers here wont forget the 95 Divsional against GB where Plummer? picked up a fumble by EJ Henderson and returned it for a TD, only for it to be nullified by the refs that it was never fumbled to begin with....
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

that's my numero uno niner moment. i was born in 91 so i don't remember much besides the late young years and the t.o. era

It was definitely a great one! I remember all my boys calling me laughing and talking smack. I started to sink down in the couch too. Then I slowly started to get my chin up. By games end I was a raving lunatic screaming at the TV. It was definitely an all time great game.
[ Edited by MadMartz on Oct 24, 2009 at 7:12 PM ]

Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
where is the clip of the black pimp with the white suit. he was in the stands cheering after a touchdown.
when was this?

That was January 10, 1982. The original Catch.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
when was this?

Id take his word for it, did you peep his screen name.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran

+1 was my most recent and greatest moment as a 20 year old Niner Fan
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
when was this?

Id take his word for it, did you peep his screen name.

Originally posted by Axl49:

+1 was my most recent and greatest moment as a 20 year old Niner Fan

I agree, but I also knew there was no way we had a shot at beating the Bucs after that game. Kind of a buzz killer.
Share 49ersWebzone