There are 197 users in the forums

All the experts from ESPN pick the texans to win

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't know about you guys, but before the drubbing in ATL I could've sworn we were a dominant team (defensively anyway - offensively good enough). We got beat up pretty good and all of a sudden we stink? I'm not buying it just yet.

We just made lots of those mistakes that Sing preaches about... not finishing runs, not reading routes properly, not giving the QB time, staying too long in the pocket. Sing reinforces our style of play and we come out firing once again. I'm picking them to win in my pick 'em!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by B_Carmine:
even i pick the texans

I also picked the Texans in my pick'em. I hope Im wrong though.

Why are you angry with me.

A real fan would NEVER bet against their own team

A gambling fan would.

If I was betting and thought they were gonna lose I would them alone,it's almost like cheating on your wife or some sh!t.

I guess that's just me-DIEHARD NINER FAN!!

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
What makes them experts? They are just guessing like everyone else is. It means nothing.

A lot of the guys are ex-NFL players or coaches or scouts... they know a lot more about football than you and I.

It doesn't mean they can't be wrong. Just means that you should at least take their opinion seriously.

Would you take Matt Millen seriously!?

Actually, I would. Just because he wasn't a good GM, that is, good at bringing together a good team and making decisions, doesn't mean he doesn't know anything about football. There is a difference between being one who analyzes football and the mechanics of the game and one who makes front office decisions.

That being said, Millen isn't one of the "ESPN experts", but Marcus Allen, Mike Ditka, Chris Mortensen, Ron Jarwoski, Mike Golic, Chris Carter, Keyshawn Johnson, etc. etc. are.

I understand the desire to be a homer, and to think that no one is an expert who would choose your favorite team to lose, but lets be realistic. This is a tough game and it will be a BIG win for the Niners if they can pull it out.
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Oct 23, 2009 at 6:22 PM ]
Didn't all these so called experts pick Seattle Seahawks to beat us too?

Answer: Yes, they did.
Originally posted by iamtheman698:
Atleast Madden 2010 game simulator has us winning.

Madden 2010

The guy that wrote this is a nard. In the first paragraph he says that Crabtree's 2 receptions were on 3 down, then he later says first down. Since his head wasn't really in the game, I hope he got the score right.
[ Edited by Giant9er on Oct 23, 2009 at 6:47 PM ]
  • king32
  • Info N/A
Chris Berman picked us on his "Swami Sez" segment for SportsCenter, 24-21. But I like having us play the underdog role.
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by B_Carmine:
even i pick the texans

I also picked the Texans in my pick'em. I hope Im wrong though.

Why are you angry with me.

A real fan would NEVER bet against their own team

Survival Rule #4: Never let emotions interfere with your business.

I'm one of the biggest niners fans on earth, but I s**t you not, the entire 2007 season literally helped me pay off all of my (college) student loans!!!
Matt Schaub is just too hot right now. Plus the Texans D has been pretty stout against the run.

This all equates to the 49ers offence going three-and-out, and Schaub torching the D.
We are officially underdogs.

We just came off of a bye week so a win , at Houston, would be HUGE for our ego.

I think we can pull it off, because we've won (unless you count that Farve / umpire inch) whenever we were underdogs.
Most prductive passing offense (especially with the deep ball)
vs.
The two worst safeties in the NFL
equals
LOSE

The Texans aren't bad. The 9ers are no lock to win this unless you're the biggest homer in the world. This team has tons of question marks. The most important being the o-line. Can it block and do it an entire game?
Originally posted by Giant9er:
Originally posted by iamtheman698:
Atleast Madden 2010 game simulator has us winning.

Madden 2010

The guy that wrote this is a nard. In the first paragraph he says that Crabtree's 2 receptions were on 3 down, then he later says first down. Since his head wasn't really in the game, I hope he got the score right.

He meant those catches on 3rd down produced 1st downs.
U know i dont really understand why they get called experts, All they do is have an opinion and half the time they are wrong....
Well like I said in another thread, schaub can still make plays once the line breaks down and he's under duress. I think this is gonna have to be another offensive shootout. And if hill can show that he can get the ball out and down the field, even with pressure then I think we will win. I'm hoping we do.
WERE GONNA HIT EM IN THE MOUTH! HEY BABY HEY BAY! THIS IS MY KIND OF PARTY@@
Share 49ersWebzone