LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

NFC West Schedule Comparison

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Adman
  • Veteran
Okay guys...I just looked at the schedules left for the Cards and the Seahawks. Compared to ours, they have significantly easier schedules. We need to start playing GREAT football to have a chance to take this division away from the Cards.

Niners: Texans, Colts, Titans, Bears, Packers, Jaguars, Seahawks, Cardinals, Eagles, Lions, Rams

Cards: Giants, Panthers, Bears, Seahawks, Rams, Titans, Vikings, Niners, Lions, Rams, Packers

Hawks: Cowboys, Lions, Cardinals, Vikings, Rams, Niners, Texans, Buccaneers, Packers, Titans
  • Adman
  • Veteran
I think Crabtree and Gore can really provide our offense with the spark that we need.
Yeah, even if the Cards tie the gap and beat us at home on MNF (which I doubt), we still have the edge, our schedule is more manageable than people think. We just need to keep playing like the team that beat the Cards in Week 1 and we can just fall into the playoffs.

NFC West is a garbage dump, I'd be pretty disappointed if we were to funk this up at this point.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Yeah, even if the Cards tie the gap and beat us at home on MNF (which I doubt), we still have the edge, our schedule is more manageable than people think. We just need to keep playing like the team that beat the Cards in Week 1 and we can just fall into the playoffs.

NFC West is a garbage dump, I'd be pretty disappointed if we were to funk this up at this point.

And wouldn't that be some great gravy.

Right now, we weren't considered to be leading the West and we are so for me this is gravy. Sure we got our asses to us at home, but I am glad it happened now and not during playoffs.

Folks sometimes forget that this is Sing's first full year. I love the Coach, he's what we need for sure.

The fact is we don't know what's going to happen...look at Oakland on Sunday...go figure! Any given Sunday!

I still expect a good fight till the end though.
There's still a lot of the season left. Let's take this one game at a time
the cards dont exactly have an easy schedule. they have one more gimme than we do but they play some tough teams too. same goes for seattle. i think the eagles and raiders proved that anything can happen. as long as the niners dont take anyone for granted and prepare a lot better than the atlanta game they will be just fine
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
the cards dont exactly have an easy schedule. they have one more gimme than we do but they play some tough teams too. same goes for seattle. i think the eagles and raiders proved that anything can happen. as long as the niners dont take anyone for granted and prepare a lot better than the atlanta game they will be just fine

the Raiders got help from a pigeon. The 12th man was not the black hole on Sunday
As yesterday's Iggles/Raiders game proved, you can never take anything for granted in the NFL. That said, I see 5 very probable wins from that schedule: Titans, Jags, Seahawks, Lions, and Rams. That gets us to 8 wins, with a game in hand on the Cards. Of the remaining six, we need only one or two games to qualify to win the division. In order of ascending difficulty are: HOU, AZ, CHI, GB, PHI, IND. These could all very well be losses, but I can see us beating AZ and HOU, probably even CHI since we're at home and Culter loves throwing picks.

Bottom line, this team should win 8 games. We only need a game or two against the six tougher opponents to win the West.
Well after looking at Arizona's remaining schedule this year I think it'd be extremely possible for them to go 10-6 or even 11-5 if they beat us or one of the other tougher teams they have on their schedule:

San Francisco - L
at Jacksonville - W
Indianapolis - L
Houston - W
at Seattle - W
at NY Giants - L
Carolina - W
at Chicago - L
Seattle - W
at St. Louis - W
at Tennessee - W
Minnesota - L
at San Francisco - L
at Detroit - W
St. Louis - W
Green Bay - W
10-6

We're gonna have to either match or top that with a much more questionable schedule which mean this game against Houston will be pretty HUGE.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

the Raiders got help from a pigeon. The 12th man was not the black hole on Sunday

that was crazy dude. the bird took off on the snap with the rest of the players and even turned in towards the ball carrier hahaha. it was the brandon lloyd of pigeons tho because it got away from the contact, must've forgotten its mouthpeice or something

Houston should've won the game against Arizona&they just got done beating a very good Cincinati team which beat the Ravens two weeks ago. Just loving how everyone is underestimating them,they can just be inconsistant at time like we tend to be.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Houston should've won the game against Arizona&they just got done beating a very good Cincinati team which beat the Ravens two weeks ago. Just loving how everyone is underestimating them,they can just be inconsistant at time like we tend to be.

Dude, get a load of your name on the sidebar...

"SmokeCrabtrees
Member".

Not sure if you were actually going for that but there it is anyway.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 20, 2009 at 5:45 AM ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

don't be suprised if we funk it up & stink it up !
Originally posted by Adman:
Okay guys...I just looked at the schedules left for the Cards and the Seahawks. Compared to ours, they have significantly easier schedules. We need to start playing GREAT football to have a chance to take this division away from the Cards.

Niners: Texans, Colts, Titans, Bears, Packers, Jaguars, Seahawks, Cardinals, Eagles, Lions, Rams

Cards: Giants, Panthers, Bears, Seahawks, Rams, Titans, Vikings, Niners, Lions, Rams, Packers

Hawks: Cowboys, Lions, Cardinals, Vikings, Rams, Niners, Texans, Buccaneers, Packers, Titans

We have pretty much the same schedule as Arizona
Originally posted by Adman:

You cannot guarantee any of those victories..AZ is a very weird team..they can be great one game and awful the next. One game at a time...I bet you 99% of people thought the Jets were going to beat down the Bills...nothing is set, as long as the Niners play well and win as many games as they can we should be fine.
Share 49ersWebzone