LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Alex Smith & Crabtree Chemistry

Shop Find 49ers gear online
They have to keep Crabtree from fair catching those balls that's going to be thrown to him by Shaun 'it comes down like a punt' Hill
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
FREE ALEX

Free them both and get a new QB!!!

There is no substitute for practice, and the qB knowing every move the WR makes, and vice versa. That comes with time, practice, and more practice. Does anyone think Peyton just goes out there and throws perfect strikes to his WRs who are always open? Heck no, it comes from practice, and one thing that has really disappointed me is that NEITHER of our QBs has been out there working with at least 3 or 4 WRs, long after practice is over, or long before it starts. Neither of them, and that is bad news.

Another thing that SHOULD have happened when alex got canned, was he should have hired some hot shot QB coach on his own , and worked with him every free moment he has. Alex is still this young kid who thinks he can go to practice, then go play games. Actually, that is only a very small part of it, and the really great qBs review their own film, study with a private qB coach, and do so during the off season, during xmas, new yrs, thanksgiving, etc. Shaun should have been doing the same thing . Very few Qbs ever have just been able to practice then play in games and be sensational . The rest, have taken it to another level with practice with their WRs offseason, before and after practice, etc. To my knowledge, none of our QBs have done that in 10-12 yrs, and that is a crime.

Our qbs want to be good? then put in the extra time with #85, plus all WRs. They'll do it, and it sure will make our O better.
It's worth noting that Alex had good chemistry with Brandon Jones in camp. It's possible if Jones hadn't gotten injured diving for a pass, that Alex might've won the starting job. Note how Shaun Hill has only attempted one pass to Jones since he's been back.
i can has jay cutler?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i can has Tom Brady?
I can has (insert any of the top 15 QB's in the game)?

Singletary said, after the ATL game, "Shaun was running for his life out there". Bottom line, fix the OLINE, then let's see what Shaun is capable of (or not).
Our long term QB answer is not in our current roster.
Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by rapid4:
Damon Bruce commented that if he were Shawn Hill, and he needed to get the offense going, he would damn well have stayed in town to throw to Crabtree.

so shaun hill is supposed to sacrifice his only 3 day's off because of crabtree?? Please, getting a couple days to see family and clear your head, is prob more important that helping crabs, who wont do much this season anyway...

With a 80.7 passer rating and a bottom tier offense - simply yes - Flaco or Ryan or any of the Mannings would do so without a 2nd thought. Great starting QB's in this league make football their first and pretty much only thing to live for.

Hill is already at a disadvantage as he has a serious talent gap to make up for - this should be a no brainer.
Originally posted by susweel:
Chemistry is not made in a week.

little chemistry is better than no chemistry

Shaun hill got his ARSE wooped in the Atl. game. The guy needed a few days off.
Hill will have all this week to work with Crabtree. And besides, getting Crabtree going is not the most important thing for them to worry about. Anything he can do will be a bonus for most of this season. I'm more worried about Gore, Morgan, Davis and Bruce than anyone else!
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
They have to keep Crabtree from fair catching those balls that's going to be thrown to him by Shaun 'it comes down like a punt' Hill

That could be a serious problem out there!
Originally posted by susweel:
Chemistry is not made in a week.

chemistry hasnt been made in 6 weeks now with shaun hill...
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Share 49ersWebzone