LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

GORE ,VD, STAYLEY , CRABTREE= WIN

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think we have a nice core of players. We still have some open spots in our team that need massive upgrades especially along the oline. We still are short a pass rusher as well. I think Clements time on the team is almost done as well. So we have Gore, VD, STayley, we don't know yet if Crabtree will prove out to be a good player but he is at least with us now and we can get a feel if he will work out for us or if he is another bust.

But we have seen the team play well so far this year and we saw a massive melt down. So if we win the west it will be a good season for us. Still lots of improvement needed but we are on the way.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
All of you doubters take that loss to the falcons to rough.
These niners, when motivated , could beat the 5-0 Vikings no question.

I think they were just hungover and /or thought they were gonna easily beat the Falcons so they didn't even rep as much (see Shaun Hill's out of sync passes to Davis)

I think they like being the underdog because they are used to it.

I'm not saying that we are super bowl bound, but the ''p'' word is still in my radar.

Crabtree
Vernon Davis
Joe Stayley
Frank Gore

PWillis
Manny Lawson
TKO Spikes
J.Smith
Clements on a good day

ALL ARE PRO BOWLERS IMO

Let's go

Ok, but a REAL QB = Superbowl Contenders
Originally posted by WestCoast:

I think they were just hungover and /or thought they were gonna easily beat the Falcons so they didn't even rep as much (see Shaun Hill's out of sync passes to Davis)

I'm not saying that we are super bowl bound, but the ''p'' word is still in my radar.

Crabtree
Vernon Davis
Joe Stayley
Frank Gore

PWillis
Manny Lawson
TKO Spikes
J.Smith
Clements on a good day

ALL ARE PRO BOWLERS IMO

Let's go

Ok, but a REAL QB = Superbowl Contenders

Cmon bro, nobody is talking about us going 2 the superbowl but how did the rams/patriots/ravens etc. do it? Nobody EXPECTED THEM to at the begging/first 5 games of the year but look at Arizona last year...It's all about playing great to put yourself in the playoff position than practiccly play PERFECT football to win the Superbowl itself. We are looking at a good week(bye) to prepare with getting some playmaking players back(gore,crabs)&others HEALTHY to go full force against the Texans&the rest of the remaining teams in the season;not to mention,we are still building the team of the future hence with a good draft especially our (2)1st rounders,sky is the limit if any pan out. Show some support people, we lost by ONE PLAY against MINN*&we're simply outplayed against ATL&made crucial mistakes;PERIOD.
-Niners WILL show up against HOUSTON, quote me on it. Singletary wants to leave/make a mark&wants his team do simple do the same, GO Niner FAITHful.-

[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Oct 16, 2009 at 18:14:06 ]
Hey you forgot HILL!
Originally posted by alpha81:
Hey you forgot HILL!

probably on purpose.
Maybe they overlook them Falcons like you said; however, if the O-Line don't open up some running space and protect Mr. Hill we won't be very happy for the remainder of the season. Everything starts in the trenches; if the lines are jelling, we would look like world beaters. Bottom line, the O-Line has NOT lived up to their end of the bargain and they are killing this teams momentum.

Originally posted by kelpie70:
Maybe they overlook them Falcons like you said; however, if the O-Line don't open up some running space and protect Mr. Hill we won't be very happy for the remainder of the season. Everything starts in the trenches; if the lines are jelling, we would look like world beaters. Bottom line, the O-Line has NOT lived up to their end of the bargain and they are killing this teams momentum.

this
Originally posted by kelpie70:

Crabtree
Vernon Davis
Joe Stayley
Frank Gore

PWillis
Manny Lawson
TKO Spikes
J.Smith
Clements on a good day

ALL ARE PRO BOWLERS IMO

Let's go

Staley isn't a pro bowl player yet but Heitman is Lawson is no where near a pb player. Crabtree hasn't even played

Originally posted by matt49er:

Crabtree
Vernon Davis
Joe Stayley
Frank Gore

PWillis
Manny Lawson
TKO Spikes
J.Smith
Clements on a good day

ALL ARE PRO BOWLERS IMO

Let's go

Staley isn't a pro bowl player yet but Heitman is Lawson is no where near a pb player. Crabtree hasn't even played

30 second mark, my boy Manny Lawson forces the pick on the NFC CHAMPION, ARIZONA CARDINALS' Oline.
  • B650
  • Veteran
I'm curious as to why you mentioned Crabtree when he hasn't even played a single down in the NFL.
Like the optimism, Tony! Hope you are right.........
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I think we have a nice core of players. We still have some open spots in our team that need massive upgrades especially along the oline. We still are short a pass rusher as well. I think Clements time on the team is almost done as well. So we have Gore, VD, STayley, we don't know yet if Crabtree will prove out to be a good player but he is at least with us now and we can get a feel if he will work out for us or if he is another bust.

But we have seen the team play well so far this year and we saw a massive melt down. So if we win the west it will be a good season for us. Still lots of improvement needed but we are on the way.

Why do you think Nate's time is almost up? he still has several years left on his contract and I believe only the last year is a baloon salary type of year in which the contract would have to be re-negotiated or released. I believe Nate will be here at least 3-4 more years. After that I'd like to re-sign him as a Safety.
Alas if only it were that easy.
Share 49ersWebzone