LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

vikings loss vs falcons loss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
For my personal health I'd prefer losses like the one today versus heart attack ones like in Minnesota.

I had a mixture of disgust and calmness by the middle of the 3rd quarter. I knew it was over, it was just a question if we could salvage some respectability. We did not.

It also was better that I was at the game so I could not throw tantrums like I would if I was watching it on TV.

What also helped a little was the super hot chick sitting directly in front of me was showing off her great combination of low-rise jeans and lace red thong the whole game. Probably the only good thing I can take from today's experience.

You should have jumped all over that red laced thong!
Originally posted by ninersush:
Originally posted by GoNiners:
i can't wait till the Crabtree Era in two weeks

i'd agree with you but we dont have an offense to take advantage of his skills

I think we do, i know you'll bring up today's game and that's fine but yes we are a running team but when we do throw it's quick short passes. I think that'll help Crabtree ease into the offense. I think he'll get a lot of yards after catch. I honestly think we have a big time player here.
loss to vikings - sharp pain, causing anger.

loss to atlanta - lingering pain, causing depression.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
The Vikings game was heartbreaking, this was crushing.
With the Vikes loss you can say it was a lucky play, or one play that cost us the game. With todays loss, it was a complete breakdown on many levels.

When you play a good match against an opponent if you lose but still gave a hard fight you still get their respect. Today vs the Falcons, we gained no respect, in fact we probably lost a ton of national respect.
id rather lose a heart breaker than get our asses kicked for 60 minutes. at least with a heart breaker your team can make progress.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
id rather lose a heart breaker than get our asses kicked for 60 minutes. at least with a heart breaker your team can make progress.

this
In the Vikings game, our defense played well...which is our bread and butter. This game, they didn't come to play, more to watch.
If you play your heart out and you lose, well, sometimes crap happens. Today's game was just too frustrating....more 'cause of the lack of heart and concentration, all around.
Anyways, let's go beat up the Texans.
Originally posted by Mex49:

Sorry to disappoint, we have Jimmy Raye

And Jerry Sullivan

And a sorry ass O-Line!

This loss is WAY worse! We proved we can play with and beat anyone vs the Vikings w/o a perfect heroic pass by a legendary QB we win that game. We were embarassed today and put ? marks all over our team vs. the Vikings we looked like a team with a purpose an identity a team with a clue.
We played a good game against the Vikings and lost ------ we played a horrible game in this loss to the Falcons.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
For my personal health I'd prefer losses like the one today versus heart attack ones like in Minnesota.

I had a mixture of disgust and calmness by the middle of the 3rd quarter. I knew it was over, it was just a question if we could salvage some respectability. We did not.

You pretty much said it all to me.

By the half, i was just stoned quiet staring straight ahead at the screen.

-9fA
Well, the Vikings loss still bothers me today because we had in our grasp and couldn't hold onto. Also, the Favreness of this game made it exceptionally sickening.

For completely different reasons, yesterday's game will remain in my memory just as our 40-8 loss to the Eagles the year we won our last Superbowl. For a team I believe is good to come out and lay an egg like they did is just disheartening/infuriating. Instead of the Favreness, we'll now have to deal with Ninertalk for the next two weeks discussing who should replace Clements/Hill/Raye/Singletary....

If I had to pick a loss to erase from my memore, I'd take yesterday. I think we have become too desensitized to these blowouts in recent years, but this is the type of game that takes us a while to get our respect back, while the Vikings game if anything proved to the league we belong.
Share 49ersWebzone