There are 155 users in the forums

49ers vs. Crabtree (Contract - Who Won?)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers vs. Crabtree (Contract - Who Won?)

We got 6 years, we won!
Hard to say anyone "won"

Both lost IMO...Crabtree won't be able to do anything this year unless he really is as good as he thinks he is.
PFT Reporting 6 yrs, 32 million, with 17 million guaranteed...
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/07/crabtrees-base-deal-six-years-32-million/

[ Edited by olapac on Oct 7, 2009 at 12:29:59 ]
Originally posted by olapac:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/07/crabtrees-base-deal-six-years-32-million/

If that's true, the Niners won in the respect that he stayed within the slot. Those incentives better be relatively easy to achieve, or else Parker failed miserably.

I still think what people pay for draft picks is insane, but at least we didn't compound the insanity.

Some posters with big mouths need to man up and learn to savor the taste of crow.
what I don't understand is, if the 49ers were going to bump his contract up to $32 mil why did they just do it before training camp and prevent this entire thing.
Originally posted by kronik:

Some posters with big mouths need to man up and learn to savor the taste of crow.

Yeah, so much for the "genius" of Eugene Parker, eh?

Quote:
The source tells us that, in his first four seasons (including 2009), Crabtree must either qualify for two Pro Bowls, or he must qualify for one Pro Bowl in one year and he must participate in 80 percent of the offensive snaps in a separate year in which the team makes the playoffs.

In other words, if in 2010 he qualifies for the Pro Bowl and the team makes the playoffs and he participates in 80 percent of the snaps, he'll still need to make it to the Pro Bowl or achieve the 80-percent/playoffs in another season.

Since the chances of Crabtree making the Pro Bowl or participating in 80 percent of the offensive snaps this year is roughly zero percent, he'll have three years to get it done.
Originally posted by backontop:
what I don't understand is, if the 49ers were going to bump his contract up to $32 mil why did they just do it before training camp and prevent this entire thing.

The 32 million means nothing. They gave him 17 million. If he was going to sign a 6 year deal, I thought he would at least get 18-19 million.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
SERIOUSLY TISSER ? SERIOUSLY ?

HOW CAN ANYONE DETERMINE A WINNER WITHOUT KNOWING THE ACTUAL DETAILS YET ?

I was thinking the same exact thing. We will need to know the details of the deal to find out if the team collapsed or if Cashtree got hosed.
Originally posted by backontop:

It was the Crabtree camp that didn't want a 6 year deal. The 32 mil is due to 6 years. They caved in.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Quote:
The source tells us that, in his first four seasons (including 2009), Crabtree must either qualify for two Pro Bowls, or he must qualify for one Pro Bowl in one year and he must participate in 80 percent of the offensive snaps in a separate year in which the team makes the playoffs.

In other words, if in 2010 he qualifies for the Pro Bowl and the team makes the playoffs and he participates in 80 percent of the snaps, he'll still need to make it to the Pro Bowl or achieve the 80-percent/playoffs in another season.

Since the chances of Crabtree making the Pro Bowl or participating in 80 percent of the offensive snaps this year is roughly zero percent, he'll have three years to get it done.

Well I hope he makes more than two pro bowls and maxes his contract out.
tie? niners held up their own and didnt budge, but crabtree came out with a lot of money on that contract (that include plenty of incentives) after missing out on a few games as well.. but, can he reach em with shaun hill as qb for another possible season ?
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:

Quote:

Well I hope he makes more than two pro bowls and maxes his contract out.

I hope he turns into a beast and we extend him and he actually wants to stay

Quote:

I doubt that poster(s) is man enough to be honest.

Quote:

I doubt that poster(s) is man enough to be honest.
Share 49ersWebzone