LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 143 users in the forums

Can we win in the playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can we win in the playoffs?

• Chief
  • Veteran
62 votes and this all I get back in feed back?

Come on, does my thread suck this bad? I want to really know what you all think.

I think our biggest weakness is our offensive play calling and o-line play. I am sure the o-line can play better, but I'm not sure our playing calling will improve. If that happens, will things be ok or will we hit a wall?
I'll tell you when we make it.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by father49er:
Jim Mora, Playoffs?
In all seriousness, it's still a little early.

I disagree... but I have always been a dreamer.

but play along please, what if? Could we win in the playoffs?

[ Edited by Chief on Oct 4, 2009 at 22:04:59 ]
one game at a time chief, one game at a time...
Our division is turning into hot garbage.

3-0 in our division is not much of a guage of how far we can get in the playoffs imo.

There are some games coming up that will show where we are at more accurately.
Originally posted by Chief:
Jim Mora, Playoffs?

Of course. The question should be if the Colts game will be a Super Bowl preview. If the o-line gets better, we're going to surprise a lot more people.
Jim Mora, Playoffs?

I would have to say it would be tight. Personally, though you say HIll is Sertviceable I think his limiations make the offense too limited. Our defense might be ablt to get us into the playoffs but you can't win in the playoffs without "great" QB play.

If you look at the history of the superbowl in general there has always been a very good QB leading the team to the win. There are exceptions like Brad Johnson Tampa, or Trent Dilfer Baltimore but more often than not great QB play is what it takes to win in the playoffs.
Right now the NFC Is shaping up with Vikings, Saints, Giants and Us as Division winners. Add in the Eagles and packers as WC teams.

There isn't a team in there that we couldn't beat, but the Saints, Giants and Vikings are better teams than our right now. The playoffs are a long way away.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Jim Mora, Playoffs?

I would have to say it would be tight. Personally, though you say HIll is Sertviceable I think his limiations make the offense too limited. Our defense might be ablt to get us into the playoffs but you can't win in the playoffs without "great" QB play.

If you look at the history of the superbowl in general there has always been a very good QB leading the team to the win. There are exceptions like Brad Johnson Tampa, or Trent Dilfer Baltimore but more often than not great QB play is what it takes to win in the playoffs.

See, I think the total opposite.. I think the limitations are with our play calling, not in Hill. I think our only problem is the strict constraint on our play calling.
yeah lets go to the playoffs first

• Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
yeah lets go to the playoffs first

let me enjoy this, please... we are 3-1... let me enjoy it, its been a long time since it felt like this.
I can't vote after just 4 weeks. I think we are a legitimate team, but I haven't seen enough yet. I think after Indy I'll have a definitive idea. Maybe I'm just afraid to commit at this point though.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Jim Mora, Playoffs?

See, I think the total opposite.. I think the limitations are with our play calling, not in Hill. I think our only problem is the strict constraint on our play calling.

He doessn't throw a good intermediate ball, 20-30 yards tight without floating it up there. He just doesn't have much ziop on his passes is all I am saying. I am not saying he can't help us win ball games, heck he has proven he can win games in the regular season. I guess you never know. Let's get there first
  • hps49
  • Veteran
shaun hill threw a nice bomb down to morgan, but we all know what happened there
Our defense is showing they can keep us in games and even be dominant. However, that's not enough to win playoff games...the offense will have to improve. We have to be able to stretch the field at times...because in the playoffs, you're up against some of the best defenses in the league. Our ST's need to improve, too...our return game is not good right now. We have no real threat...Rossum's been tentative so far, and that's not going to cut it. All three contributed to the shutout win yesterday...but that was the Rams. In the playoffs, we'll be up against the best in the league.
Share 49ersWebzone