Can we win in the playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can we win in the playoffs?

not with this play calling
  • NinerFaninIndy83
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by niners94:
I'll tell you when we make it.
Man i've seen too many midseason collapses to get excited about the playoffs just yet.

-9fA
if AZ can make it to the superbowl, WE CAN TOO
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
btw, I think Atlanta is the most important game we have played this year. It will really let us know who we are, right before a bye week... after a tough loss and a strong win.

This game is the s**t, the real s**t.

And i will be there for it son LETS GO 49ers.
Defense wins championships. If we finally sign Crabtree, pick up Atogwe in the off-season, draft a monster DT and a solid O-lineman in the first then I'd say we'd be a 12-13 win team and a definite contender. As for playoff wins this season, with a great defense anything is possible.

[ Edited by Mospeed on Oct 4, 2009 at 23:20:03 ]
Not unless we see drastic improvements on offense. The defense I don't have much doubt about. They have played well beyond my expectations. Patrick Willis has surpassed Ray Lewis as the premier middle linebacker in the game and should win defensive player of the year if he keeps this up. The defense is a pure pass rusher and nose tackle away from being downright dominating. Next three weeks will be a huge test for the defense. We'll see how real they are against Falcons, Texans, and Colts.

The offense on the other hand needs some serious work. So far this offense has been good for two solid drives a game. Besides that it has been sloppy blocking and dropped passes and punts. A performance like today is not going to get it done against the Giants, Eagles, Vikings, Saints, and Packers in the playoffs. The more I see this offense the more it makes me despise Crabtree.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Not unless we see drastic improvements on offense. The defense I don't have much doubt about. They have played well beyond my expectations. Patrick Willis has surpassed Ray Lewis as the premier middle linebacker in the game and should win defensive player of the year if he keeps this up. The defense is a pure pass rusher and nose tackle away from being downright dominating. Next three weeks will be a huge test for the defense. We'll see how real they are against Falcons, Texans, and Colts.

The offense on the other hand needs some serious work. So far this offense has been good for two solid drives a game. Besides that it has been sloppy blocking and dropped passes and punts. A performance like today is not going to get it done against the Giants, Eagles, Vikings, Saints, and Packers in the playoffs. The more I see this offense the more it makes me despise Crabtree.

I say it again, I don't think the players are the problem... I think it is the play calling...
Originally posted by amir_tn80:

I say it again, I don't think the players are the problem... I think it is the play calling...

And I'll say it again. It's the players.
The 9ers are on the right road, but they still have some major flaws. Hill is under too much defensive pressure and he is getting sacked too much, the WR need to be more productive, and the O-line must play better and more consistently. Those are big enough holes that it would make it difficult for the 9ers to go far in the playoffs, but they're all correctable. If these areas of concern are fixed, if there is no drop off on defense, and if the 9ers have some good luck with players not getting injured, then yeah, the 9ers could do some damage in the playoffs.

• Mex49
Originally posted by King49er:
btw, I think Atlanta is the most important game we have played this year. It will really let us know who we are, right before a bye week... after a tough loss and a strong win.

This game is the s**t, the real s**t.

Bigger than the Minny game IMO

Much bigger
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
yeah lets go to the playoffs first

let me enjoy this, please... we are 3-1... let me enjoy it, its been a long time since it felt like this.

ok enjoy it im not stopping u
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
I think you're putting the cart in front of the horse. Four weeks down and this team needs to make the playoffs before this poll is relevant. But to play along, the offense will have to improve for this team to win a playoff game.

I 100% agree, but I think the only problem with the offense is the play calling and the o-line, I honestly think everything else is in place.

...and I think the oline has the talent to be really good, something is just missing.

I don't think we can win in the playoffs but hell, we have a chance of getting there and that is good enough for this season!

Coffee bringing in 3 yards a carry makes you realise how important Gore is. But what IS wrong with the O line? Do we have the talent or do we need new guards as well as a right tackle? Without a line which is at least steady, we are sure to get found out.

But what a D?!!
If a team is good enough to make the playoffs, then they are good enough to win in the playoffs
Originally posted by King49er:
If a team is good enough to make the playoffs, then they are good enough to win in the playoffs

well said, my answer is YES
Share 49ersWebzone