LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Defensive post-game analysis (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I have been saying ever since we got Justin.... I loved him when he was with the Bengals.... and GOD DARNIT I love him even more that he is with us.... NO QUESTION HE DESERVES that Caption Patch

God Darnit. Hahahahahaha!!
Originally posted by zero:
I have a huuuuuuge mancrush on Justin Smith

Don't blame you.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Manny won't show up much on the stat sheet

But, he will show up in Warner's nightmare

Manny did a good job with pressure. He forced pressure several times.

Haralson was a monster. Barring injury, he will certainly have a 10+ sack season. The guy was in Warners face all day long. He was unbelievable.
AND Carolina lost, AND I put 100 on Baltimore to cover the spread, perfect start to this season!
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Justin Smith played lights out in the fourth quarter!
Defense as a whole gets a big Id buy them all a cold one if I could
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Great game by the D, pass rush was getting there.

cosign i was pleasantly surprised.
Originally posted by ninergold:
Three sacks and two picks.....at least there is some pressure from the D.

Three official sacks (NFL Web site): Haralson, McDonald, Smith
the d from top to bottom was awesome, yes there were some lack of pass rushing at times but i believe that was due to our o going 3 and out time and time again. this d will be a force. damn im so happy
We beat Warners ass around today!

• Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by ninergold:
Three sacks and two picks.....at least there is some pressure from the D.

Three official sacks (NFL Web site): Haralson, McDonald, Smith

Yeah I noticed that. I thought we got more.
This defense won this game clear and simple, we DID EVERYTHING RIGHT to stop Warner from succeeding. We:

-Clogged his passing lanes.
-Haralson was riding Warner the entire game (making sacks and opening holes with pressure for other players to make moves).
-Justin Smith was nightmarish.
-Nate Clements got an INT and prevented Fitz from a getting a TD (as was expected).
-Patrick Willis was a one man army at one point (with a nice INT early in the game).
-EVEN MANNY LAWSON STEPPED UP IN THIS GAME!

This was easily the best 49ers D I've seen in the past couple of years, I think Haralson is on route for a break-out season.
I guess they werent kidding when they said we had a pass rush.

Preseason was misleading.
lawson haralson smith and clements were all awsome pass rush was there and todays game proved that clements just didnt want to play in preseason cause he did really good today on fitz
Heeeeellllllll Yea!!! Way to go D! My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy, my dog is hiding from me and my remote got broke along the way, but I don't care! F@(k you Cards! Yes...Yes....Yes!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone