LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Singletary falling out ou favor with the local media?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

From Maiocco via Twitter:

Since Mike Singletary took over as 49ers coach, the club has limited access to assistant coaches and Wednesday practices are now closed. It's shocking that Walsh and Seifert won all those titles while allowing media to watch practice AND talk with 49ers assistant coaches.

This line is irrelevant anymore, we live in a VIRAL information age where you can even find out what type of toilet paper Patrick Willis uses, and it'll spread across the internet to over 300 sports/media outlets within 1-2 hours. -And in return, the away team will stuff saw-paper rolls into the opposing team's locker-room, messing Patrick's ass up, and blowing the game for us!

Seriously, Walsh/Seifert never had to worry about tweets/internet blogs weeks before game day. -Since Spygate blew open football has become a psychological/strategic war of information.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

From Maiocco via Twitter:

Since Mike Singletary took over as 49ers coach, the club has limited access to assistant coaches and Wednesday practices are now closed. It's shocking that Walsh and Seifert won all those titles while allowing media to watch practice AND talk with 49ers assistant coaches.

This line is irrelevant anymore, we live in a VIRAL information age where you can even find out what type of toilet paper Patrick Willis uses, and it'll spread across the internet to over 300 sports/media outlets within 1-2 hours. -And in return, the away team will stuff saw-paper rolls into the opposing team's locker-room, messing Patrick's ass up, and blowing the game for us!

Seriously, Walsh/Seifert never had to worry about tweets/internet blogs weeks before game day. -Since Spygate blew open football has become a psychological/strategic war of information.

Coaches need to coach their own team and quit worrying about everyone else
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Walsh and Seifert didn't have reporters posting every practice incompletion on twitter and then going on 24 hour sports news tv stations to talk about what they saw.

Media has changed, and so has the amount of fan attention.

I agree that Sing's approach is a little dramatic, but it's a very different media world that he has to deal with than the one Walsh dealt with.

Here's MM's take on that (again, via Twitter):

RNeilan: you can't pretend media was the same for walsh/seifert.

MattMaiocco: True there were 15 reporters who covered team then. Now, there's five.

Oh snap.. looks like MM was a little defensive by that statement. Either way it would be nice to get back where we can get national coverage and more reporters covering our team. I still think Singletary should allow both of the Matts to cover practice on wednesdays
If the 49ers win it won't be a big deal.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Boo-freakin-hoo!
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I'm not sure why the media always thinks they are entitled to full access to everything.
Originally posted by asu49ers:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Walsh and Seifert didn't have reporters posting every practice incompletion on twitter and then going on 24 hour sports news tv stations to talk about what they saw.

Media has changed, and so has the amount of fan attention.

I agree that Sing's approach is a little dramatic, but it's a very different media world that he has to deal with than the one Walsh dealt with.

Here's MM's take on that (again, via Twitter):

RNeilan: you can't pretend media was the same for walsh/seifert.

MattMaiocco: True there were 15 reporters who covered team then. Now, there's five.

Oh snap.. looks like MM was a little defensive by that statement. Either way it would be nice to get back where we can get national coverage and more reporters covering our team. I still think Singletary should allow both of the Matts to cover practice on wednesdays

The urgency to scoop the other 4 reporters and the ability to Twitter before the ap news is posted almost makes this a necessary step. Matt is simply someone the team could care less about. Teams do not like the media, why should they care what a reporter thinks.

I know McCloughan is sick and tired of Matt Macciaco.
Ahhhh....Coach Singaltary hurt the "Media's" feelings....cry me a effin river!!!!! Its obviously not working the past 7 years the way it has, so maybe Sing wants to switch it up. The media are like nagging girl/boyfriends and maybe Sing wants no distraction and all football for the team. ITS ONE EFFIN DAY FCOL! I'm with it as long as we become a better team on Sundays!!!!

[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Sep 9, 2009 at 18:15:10 ]
If the Niners win, then I will be happy the media got cut off.

If they don't, then it is another reason to hate the current 49er front office.

• TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A
Sing falling out of favor with the media ??? I am sure he doesn'tt care at all.
Maybe the headline should be"Media not trusted by 99% of the people in this country and fell out of favor long ,long ago" ! lol
The notion that the 49ers dont win because mm and mb are or arent there. the whole idea that stoping them from attending a practice will help wins is retarded. having them there cant hurt. this seems like your typical control freak/dictator coach type of move. singletary better make this team win fast or he should be out of here along with scot at the end of the year.
  • TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A
I don't know any rational HC who lets the media watch when they are installing the plays for the coming weeks game. No big deal here . Just some irrational fans who already hated Sing ,for their own nutty reasons.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
The notion that the 49ers dont win because mm and mb are or arent there. the whole idea that stoping them from attending a practice will help wins is retarded. having them there cant hurt. this seems like your typical control freak/dictator coach type of move. singletary better make this team win fast or he should be out of here along with scot at the end of the year.

The last time I heard, the Niners were a private business organization, not a 3rd world country. They have every right to keep what they want secret or public. The media just don't realize that it is a privilege, not a right, that a private business allows them into certain areas of their operations.

[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Sep 9, 2009 at 18:36:10 ]
Originally posted by TOP_CAT:
I don't know any rational HC who lets the media watch when they are installing the plays for the coming weeks game. No big deal here . Just some irrational fans who already hated Sing ,for their own nutty reasons.

how about walsh, siefert, mooch? plenty of teams allow the media to watch practice. if you can find any good teams with the same policy then go ahead. but im pretty sure that the pats, colts, giants, etc dont have the same policy. and im sorry but the matts ARENT hurting anything, and if something bad or embarrassing happens its going to get out anyway. i want sing and co to win but this is dumb.
Share 49ersWebzone