LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

We Signed Pashos !!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Definite upgrade over Sims and should be the starter at RT if Snyder struggles. Great move.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Some of you are over analyzing him before he even steps on the field. Now I highly doubt many of you 49er fans, including myself, watched him play being that he played for Jacksonville. Most of us probably have never heard of him. Let's wait till he gets on the field before we start formulating negative and positive opinions of him.

But as long as he's better than Barry Sims, i'll be happy with the signing. Sims has to go!

One of my best friends is a hardcore Jacksonville fan. He hasn't missed a game in years. He says he was never impressed with him. I asked him if he was like kwame, and he said he wasn't that bad, but really is nothing special.

Take it for what it's worth, of course. He's the only guy I know in the world that actually knows what's going on in jacksonville.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Some of you are over analyzing him before he even steps on the field. Now I highly doubt many of you 49er fans, including myself, watched him play being that he played for Jacksonville. Most of us probably have never heard of him. Let's wait till he gets on the field before we start formulating negative and positive opinions of him.

But as long as he's better than Barry Sims, i'll be happy with the signing. Sims has to go!

One of my best friends is a hardcore Jacksonville fan. He hasn't missed a game in years. He says he was never impressed with him. I asked him if he was like kwame, and he said he wasn't that bad, but really is nothing special.

Take it for what it's worth, of course. He's the only guy I know in the world that actually knows what's going on in jacksonville.

RT's aren't supposed to look impressive, otherwise they'd be LT's.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Sep 7, 2009 at 11:52:12 ]
Awesome move! Give scotty some credit...
Originally posted by susweel:
Is this dude any good. I honestly know nothing about him.
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:

I agree, great move
is this dude any good? i know he's probably better than sims from the reaction you guys are having but i dont know much about him.
This is an excellent signing...I was watching NFL Network last night and they were talking about the best players cut, and Pashos' name kept coming up. They said that OT's were in particularly high demand and that he was the best OL waived. I remember watching him with the Jags, and he was a very solid player. Jacksonville didn't waive him because he can't play at a high level...they just didn't want to pay him what they signed him for. Go figure. Anyway, he's ours for this season and maybe beyond if he does well. Tip of the cap to Mac and the front office.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
This is an excellent signing...I was watching NFL Network last night and they were talking about the best players cut, and Pashos' name kept coming up. They said that OT's were in particularly high demand and that he was the best OL waived. I remember watching him with the Jags, and he was a very solid player. Jacksonville didn't waive him because he can't play at a high level...they just didn't want to pay him what they signed him for. Go figure. Anyway, he's ours for this season and maybe beyond if he does well. Tip of the cap to Mac and the front office.

i also heard his name on NFLN, they said maybe Seattle, never mentoined us as a destination. But not surprised that much, but thought he'd go to a super bowl contending team, but im happy, gives us versatility.
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Briggs gets the boot for Pashos :
[url=null]null[/url] http://www.49ers.com/news-and-events/article-1/49ers-Sign-T-Pashos-LB-Briggs-Waived/5e676a5f-e3a6-43dc-b31c-9cef92a87a0f

• Twister68
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:

Not until I actually see Pashos on the field.

I gave Scotty credit for:

Jones
Evans
Marvel Smith
Convincing us we didn't need someone to upgrade pass-rush
Drafting Crabtree
---------------------------------

Let's see how that pans out first.

"No way that (Kory Sheets going to PS) happens. Another team is going to pick-up Sheets"

Expertise?
Great now we have better depth at the tackle position. I'm surprised they didn't waive Barry Sims. Now lets get that Crabtree BS solved and we'll be good to go.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
is this dude any good? i know he's probably better than sims from the reaction you guys are having but i dont know much about him.

My Granmama is better than Sims.

~Ceadder
he was by far the best guy available.

although my friend is a big Jags fan, and said Pashos isnt very good. lets hope he's good enough to make us better.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
The Jags drafted Monroe and Britton and then tried to move Pashos to guard, thinking that that would make their overall line more dominant.

Pashos clearly didn't want to move to guard.
Share 49ersWebzone