There are 154 users in the forums

Clarification on locked post about Singletary

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Fellow Webzoners, I just wanted to clarify my earler post which was locked. My post was an argument against smashmouth football when you don't have the balt. Ravens D of the early 2000's. We need a blend of def. toughness and offensive aggression. I think Coach Sing. has some great attributes but that we will eventually need an offensive assasin to take us all the way to the promised land. That said I wish Coach all the luck in the world and I always want to see my team win, period. Please let me know your thoughts on Coach Mike's philosophy.

"Guys, Mike singletary is a great motivator and probably would be a good D-cord but is absolutely the Wrong head coach for this team, I love that he is bringing back toughness to this team that has truly been gone since the early 90"s and the departure of Ronnie Lott but he is TO conservative. The NFL is Not a smash mouth only league anymore. You can be a run team if you have a dominate D but we don't , so we need to score at least 21 points a game to even have a chance. I truly believe that we need to get Holmgren this coming offseason as GM, then after one or two more years of mediocrity we need to bring in an offensive minded coach who can build on the re-newed toughness and solid ground game ( I wish we could get Shanahan but he will be long gone ). I do believe that Scott Mac. has improved the team but we need a Walsh disciple to bring this team back. Unfortunately I see us at best as a .500 club we just don't have the D-line needed to get this thing over the Hump or the offensive philosophy to strike fear in anyone we play. If the niners get down 14points then what ? The ghost of Mike Nolan and his utter lack of offensive balls continues, martz at least gave this team some offensive identity."
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Originally posted by King49er:
Chocolate Chip cookies are my favorite.
samurai mike is a great motivator and like you said we want to see him win for the team's sake

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by King49er:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=128976

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=127442

etc., etc....

Share 49ersWebzone