There are 218 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I truly feel in my heart that he is NOT going to sign. What a horrible feeling. Just our luck right? We finally get a first rounder that we think is going to change our organization (besides Kentwan Balmer ), and he wont sign. Brian Orakpo, I wanted you!
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
We are closing in on 100 pages, and I'm not seeing the anger.

GET ANGRY PEOPLE!!!!!! RALLY!!!

MD,

You must not have read all the preceeding pages or the 200 in the "do you think drafting Crabtree was a mistake" topic.

The people are angry, they are really angry.

I know I am angry. How dare Crabtree disrespect the 49ers.

In hindsight, I wish the 49ers had traded out of the pick or drafted someone else.

Of course had that happened, the Webzone would gone ballistic and there would been a angry lynch mob headed for Scotty's office.

OK, I better now. Thanks for listening, I send you a quarter in the mail.

Cheers.
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
There is plenty of room to negotiate a contract that gives each side enough to save face. That is what is most important right now.

For anyone to say that Crabtree is not worth the investment is a statement that is ignorant of the facts. If he had been fully healthy and the 49ers had traded up to fifth spot to get him, everyone would have been delighted. He is the same guy.

It is at this point that a skilled negotiator will get a job done in about three hours.

If the 49ers do not get this done in some way, they will be the loser. No team will trade for him next spring and give the 49ers the same value. A draft choice is always a risk. Crabtree is and so will whoever they draft next year.

I would rather have the 2-time winner.

Anyone who says that he will definitely will prove he's worth the investment is a statement ignorant of history. There wasn't one team that mentioned or was rumored to have knocked his down their board due to his foot. The same can't be said about his attitude.
Originally posted by ptw1:
There is plenty of room to negotiate a contract that gives each side enough to save face. That is what is most important right now.

For anyone to say that Crabtree is not worth the investment is a statement that is ignorant of the facts. If he had been fully healthy and the 49ers had traded up to fifth spot to get him, everyone would have been delighted. He is the same guy.

It is at this point that a skilled negotiator will get a job done in about three hours.

If the 49ers do not get this done in some way, they will be the loser. No team will trade for him next spring and give the 49ers the same value. A draft choice is always a risk. Crabtree is and so will whoever they draft next year.

Anyone who says that he will definitely will prove he's worth the investment is a statement ignorant of history. There wasn't one team that mentioned or was rumored to have knocked his down their board due to his foot. The same can't be said about his attitude.

I'm hoping these guys are negoiating now to get this guy in here. As was pointed out, there is enough room to make everybody happy.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by ptw1:

I'm hoping these guys are negoiating now to get this guy in here. As was pointed out, there is enough room to make everybody happy.

there has been little to no communication between crabtree agent and the 49ers for a few weeks.
He's catching passes from Trent Dilsnik.
almost to 100 pages
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
He's catching passes from Trent Dilsnik.

Makes sense, he is similar to Shaun Hill with his rainbow floater balls... except even Dilfer still has a stronger arm than Hill.
maybe dilfer put in a good word for us
So if we arent waiting on craptree to sign then who is taking mitchells place on the ps and who is coming here? i wouldve thought we wouldve just called up jj finley if we needed a blocking te. maybe we are going to make a play for merriman?

• billystrong8
  • Info N/A
trade
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
So if we arent waiting on craptree to sign then who is taking mitchells place on the ps and who is coming here? i wouldve thought we wouldve just called up jj finley if we needed a blocking te. maybe we are going to make a play for merriman?

I think Tila Tiqulia or whatever her freak'en name is made a play on him already
  • billystrong8
  • Info N/A
Also thats the last thing on earth we want, trent dilfer throwing balls to 49ers. I hoped I would never hear those words again.
what a worthless piece of sh*t excuse for a roster spot

I've said it once, and I'll say it again

f*ck CrabGREED
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billybonka:
what a worthless piece of sh*t excuse for a roster spot

I've said it once, and I'll say it again

f*ck CrabGREED
Share 49ersWebzone