LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

oldman9er's Game 3 observations (Dallas)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Only up to the 1st quarter here...

1st Quarter

1st Quarter SFO DAL

Dallas Cowboys at 15:00, (1st play from scrimmage 14:55) SFO DAL

1st and 10 at DAL 20 (14:55) T.Romo pass to J.Witten pushed ob at DAL 22 for 2 yards (P.Willis).
base D... Manny gets upfield well but mirrored enough beyond the QB just 1 yd ahead... Sopoaga doubled up well... Franklin gets 1 yd and then stood up by LG... Justin gets a few yds upfield but contained enough by LT... Parys in coverage... easy short throw as Willis trails TE
2nd and 8 at DAL 22 (14:21) M.Barber up the middle to DAL 24 for 2 yards (J.Smith).
base D... Manny and Parys hold outside well... Sopoaga crashes inside well... Franklin falls forward and is neutralized by OC... nice hussle by Justin coming around edge and behind RB
3rd and 6 at DAL 24 (13:39) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short left to K.Ogletree to DAL 39 for 15 yards (N.Clements).
Nickle... nice burst Parys, but gets easily shoved past QB... Manny gets upfield but gets walled out by his man and the LT that Justin pushed back... odd, and unfortunate... deep sideline pattern, Clements a little too far behind the WR
1st and 10 at DAL 39 (13:03) M.Barber right tackle to DAL 43 for 4 yards (T.Spikes).
base D... Manny cut inside and was driven well out of the rush direction (a clear illegal block in the back)... Sopoaga doubled, loses a yd and gets walled off... Franklin crashed inside, but the guess was nowhere close to the play direction... nice fight thru tackle by TKO
2nd and 6 at DAL 43 (12:28) T.Romo pass incomplete short right to M.Bennett. Pass incomplete at the sideline; Lewis closest defender.
base D... Manny covers TE... Sopoaga gets upfield backing up RT... Franklin gets a 3 yd push on OC... Justin gets very close to QB as ball comes out (3-3.5 seconds)... nice stunt late by Parys, gets to QB just after ball release
3rd and 6 at DAL 43 (12:22) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass deep middle to K.Ogletree to SF 36 for 21 yards (N.Clements). Pass complete on slant.
Nickle D... nice crash in from Haralson as the ILBs stunt blitz to his side... good pocket composure from Romo. Decent trail coverage by Nate... Roman looks like he knows he screwed up somehow. Yep, replay shows Roman out of position inside.
1st and 10 at SF 36 (11:39) T.Romo pass incomplete deep left to P.Crayton [J.Smith]. Pass out of bounds at the SF 5; Bly closest defender; Romo forced from the pocket.
base D... Manny in coverage... Haralson, nothing impressive on rush... OL shut down our DL rush completely... TKO misses Romo on nice middle blitz (Romo has deceptively good pocket skills)... Justin comes free to get in Romo's face, but after the throw
2nd and 10 at SF 36 (11:32) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short right to K.Ogletree. Pass incomplete out pattern at the SF 22; Clements closest defender.
base D... Manny shows nice burst but can't overpower or get by RT... Sopoaga and Franklin get smushed in together, Franklin ends up on his face quickly... Justin gets doubled out... poor throw
3rd and 10 at SF 36 (11:27) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short middle to J.Witten to SF 31 for 5 yards (D.Bly). Pass complete on slant.
Nickle D... good burst rush from Parys, but is a little wide of QB, and can't circle back in time... nothing much from Manny... RayMac (at LDT) gets a 2 yd push, but is stoned... Justin (at RDT) and Manny get brief doubles from left side... bullet pass + tight coverage from Bly
4th and 5 at SF 31 (10:45) (Field Goal formation) N.Folk 49 yard field goal is GOOD, NULLIFIED by Penalty, Center-L.Ladouceur, Holder-M.McBriar. 0 0
PENALTY on DAL-C.Procter, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at SF 31 - No Play.
4th and 15 at SF 41 (10:40) (Punt formation) M.McBriar punts 41 yards to end zone, Center-L.Ladouceur, Touchback.

San Francisco 49ers at 10:31 SFO DAL
1st and 10 at SF 20 (10:31) S.Hill pass short right to F.Gore pushed ob at SF 28 for 8 yards (A.Spencer). Pass complete flat.
good, quick pass to Gore on lil swing route in the backfield... OL looked fine... Gore looking sleek and quick for Rac yds
2nd and 2 at SF 28 (10:08) F.Gore right tackle to SF 33 for 5 yards (G.Sensabaugh; B.James).
Beautiful crushing block by Staley... Wragge falls down halfway to second level, does nothing... Heitmann loses initial yd but anchors back in time... nice 2nd level blocking from Rachal... Sims initially does enough, but fails to maintain his block... VD and DWalk do enough on their outsides, but DWalk was a little lazy on his... hard, decisive run for Gore
1st and 10 at SF 33 (9:29) F.Gore right guard to SF 36 for 3 yards (B.James; K.Brooking).
Ware beat Staley inside on the rush up middle... Wragge did fine there... Heitmann and Rachal did well enough in getting some push... not much for Sims... nice initial and then 2nd level block from VD... fair lead block by Norris
2nd and 7 at SF 36 (8:48) S.Hill pass short left to M.Robinson to SF 47 for 11 yards (K.Brooking). Pass complete on quick out; 3-step
drop back.
super quick pass to MRob coming out of FB spot... great call, as the heavy blitz cleared out that side
1st and 10 at SF 47 (8:07) F.Gore left tackle to DAL 48 for 5 yards (K.Brooking; B.James).
not an impressive job blocking by Staley or FB DWalk that time... Wragge did his job, and Morgan kept scrapping... Heitmann missed his 2nd level block, and was a big problem there. Nice looking cut and run for Gore
2nd and 5 at DAL 48 (8:07) PENALTY on DAL-J.Ratliff, Encroachment, 5 yards, enforced at DAL 48 - No Play.
1st and 10 at DAL 43 (7:06) S.Hill pass incomplete to I.Bruce [K.Brooking]. Pass incomplete at the Dallas 25; Newman closest defender.
Staley was losing the edge battle on Ware, but he did have nice RB help from Gore to block... Wragge did his job fine again... Heitmann lost a lil ground but kept getting it done... solid job by Rachal... Sims very nearly gave up a sack, but managed to keep his man from Hill... a delayed ILB blitz smacked Hill after 4 seconds from the snap. Horribly inaccurate throw to a wide open Bruce.
2nd and 10 at DAL 43 (7:00) S.Hill pass incomplete deep middle to V.Davis. Pass incomplete at the Dallas 24; Brooking was the closest defender.
nice protection from Staley... Heitmann got beat on a move, but Wragge helped him out... Rachal and Sims were going backward, but giving time... 3 second pass was overthrown to a leaping VD ( fully stretched out) over the middle. Replay showed that the ball was also thrown well behind VD, but he made a good adjustment to give it a chance
3rd and 10 at DAL 43 (6:55) (Shotgun) F.Gore left tackle to DAL 39 for 4 yards (B.James). Play run out of the Wildcat formation.
one of those goofy taser "give up draws"... fail
4th and 6 at DAL 39 (6:55) (Punt formation) A.Lee punts 39 yards to end zone, Center-B.Jennings, Touchback.

Dallas Cowboys at 6:14 SFO DAL

1st and 10 at DAL 20 (6:14) M.Barber up the middle to DAL 22 for 2 yards (A.Franklin).
camera is late... base ... I see the DL and Manny holding up well at the LOS... our DL did a nice job there on the run
2nd and 8 at DAL 22 (5:39) M.Barber left end to DAL 28 for 6 yards (D.Goldson).
Franklin gets walled off from the run direction.... kept slowly working his way over... Justin penetrated inside taking him out of the play... same for Parys, who cut inside, only to remove himself... Willis got abused (yes, it sadly happened) by a penetrating OG... nice job by TKO and Goldson to converge.
Timeout #1 by SF at 05:06.
3rd and 2 at DAL 28 (5:06) M.Barber left tackle to DAL 31 for 3 yards (D.Goldson; D.Bly).
camera is late again... they show Bly and Goldson to meet the RB, but he powers forward anyway for the 1st down. replay shows Franklin lose a yard initially, but surges back, though it's not near the RB... Justin takes the double, while Parys crashed hard inside, but takes himself out of play...
1st and 10 at DAL 31 (4:33) T.Romo pass incomplete short right to M.Austin. Pass incomplete sideline at the 38; Clements closest defender.
base D... Manny gets upfield 5 yds, tries to cut it inside to QB, but takes a shove from RT sending him back... Sopoaga gets nowhere from a single... Franklin goes nowhere from a double... Justin beats his LT and reaches just missing Romo, who rolls away from him
2nd and 10 at DAL 31 (4:24) T.Romo pass incomplete short left to M.Austin (D.Bly). Pass incomplete at the Dallas 45 sideline.
base D... Manny gets doubled... gives up? and turns to find someone to cover? (probably sensed a screen)... Sopoaga and Franklin go nowhere with 3 OL taking turns on them... (Justin takes a breather) and Evans does nothing positive...nice coverage and dive attempt by Bly
3rd and 10 at DAL 31 (4:17) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass deep middle to M.Austin to SF 47 for 22 yards (D.Goldson).
SF sends the 3 DL... Haralson takes a double before getting shoved away... RayMac takes a double, then triple... Justin takes initial double... nearly 7 seconds for Romo
Timeout #2 by SF at 03:38.
1st and 10 at SF 47 (3:38) T.Romo pass short right to M.Austin to SF 37 for 10 yards (M.Roman). Pass complete on quick out sideline.
base D (Balmer at LDE, Sop at RDE)... quick WR screen... Franklin falls on his face... Balmer shows nice quickness to QB, but ball is out... Bly gets pushed in the back (no flag)... bad mistackle by Nate, who was playing FAR off that WR....
1st and 10 at SF 37 (3:04) F.Jones up the middle to SF 35 for 2 yards (N.Clements).
base D... Franklin painfully crushed down by a double... Balmer with good penetration, but RB is already beyond him... Sopoaga holds up well, but can't get over to the RB... Manny fights off block, but not in time to get RB next to him... TKO misses leg tackle... Willis blows up lead blocker, and flows amazingly to RB... strong tackle from Clements
2nd and 8 at SF 35 (2:19) T.Romo pass deep right intended for K.Ogletree INTERCEPTED by M.Roman [P.Haralson] at SF 4. M.Roman to DAL 39 for 57 yards (A.Gurode). Pass intercepted on flag pattern.
base D... all DL get nicely stoned... Manny beats RT around edge, but gets pushed away from Romo last second... Parys cuts it inside on FB block and gets in the face of Romo just after the horrible throw

San Francisco 49ers at 2:03 SFO DAL

1st and 10 at DAL 39 (2:03) S.Hill pass incomplete deep middle to I.Bruce. Pass incomplete on slant at the Dallas 16; Scandrick closest defender.
OL gives Hill time... I honestly have no idea who this pass was going to... Either a micommunication or the worst underthrown pass I have ever witnessed
2nd and 10 at DAL 39 (1:57) (Shotgun) F.Gore up the middle to DAL 37 for 2 yards (M.Spears). Wildcat formation with Robinson at quarterback.
more crappy wildcat... fail
3rd and 8 at DAL 37 (1:19) (Shotgun) S.Hill pass short left to F.Gore to DAL 37 for no gain (M.Jenkins). Pass complete flat.
OL giving Hill time... All did well for a few seconds, but Heitmann's man beat him eventually... safe dumpoff to Gore in the flat
4th and 8 at DAL 37 (:42) (Punt formation) A.Lee punts 31 yards to DAL 6, Center-B.Jennings, downed by SF-M.Robinson.

Dallas Cowboys at 0:31 SFO DAL

1st and 10 at DAL 6 (:31) F]Jones up the middle to DAL 19 for 13 yards (M.Roman).
base D...
Very strange... after the SF punt, it goes to commercial, and comes back whenthere is 11:27 left in the 2nd quarter. WTF happened to the in between, NFL Network???

guess that's the end of my 1st Quarter
Quote:
2nd and 10 at DAL 43 (7:00) S.Hill pass incomplete deep middle to V.Davis. Pass incomplete at the Dallas 24; Brooking was the closest defender.
nice protection from Staley... Heitmann got beat on a move, but Wragge helped him out... Rachal and Sims were going backward, but giving time... 3 second pass was overthrown to a leaping VD ( fully stretched out) over the middle. Replay showed that the ball was also thrown well behind VD, but he made a good adjustment to give it a chance

wasn't this the one where the DT was getting penetration in Hill's face as soon as he hiked the ball....I don't know if that was considered given time...

I mean even Eric Davis said that was on the oline for letting Dallas get penetration that quick right up the middle.

edit- good job with these...i'm looking forward to the 2nd qtr. review

oh and that part about missing time...that was on KPIX....they f'd up on the broadcast for like 5 mins.....and then had the nerve to joke about it....I would've threw O'Donnell from where he was sitting if I was there.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 30, 2009 at 3:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Quote:

wasn't this the one where the DT was getting penetration in Hill's face as soon as he hiked the ball....I don't know if that was considered given time...

I mean even Eric Davis said that was on the oline for letting Dallas get penetration that quick right up the middle.

oh and that part about missing time...that was on KPIX....they f'd up on the broadcast for like 5 mins.....and then had the nerve to joke about it....I would've threw O'Donnell from where he was sitting if I was there.

On that pass play, Hill did have 3.5 seconds, but hesitated from a shorter route and then decided for the deeper route to Bruce. It was not a ton of time, but he had time. It was just a really bad throw, as Bruce had steps on the DB and about 5 yds of green before the sidelines.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Quote:

On that pass play, Hill did have 3.5 seconds, but hesitated from a shorter route and then decided for the deeper route to Bruce. It was not a ton of time, but he had time. It was just a really bad throw, as Bruce had steps on the DB and about 5 yds of green before the sidelines.

no I'm talking about the pass intended for Vernon Davis....

the Bruce one was weird and looked like it was Hill's fault.
Seems like Parys needs to work on gap control.
Only up to the 1st quarter here...
Very strange... after the SF punt, it goes to commercial, and comes back whenthere is 11:27 left in the 2nd quarter. WTF happened to the in between, NFL Network???

guess that's the end of my 1st Quarter

During live game yesterday the whole network went down for about 15-20 min... terrible terrible! I just rewound the game and started it over lol. But ya it wasn't NFL Networks fault someone screwed up big time at CBS.

no I'm talking about the pass intended for Vernon Davis....

the Bruce one was weird and looked like it was Hill's fault.

Okay, my bad... I was looking at the pass play just before the one you are inquiring about.

The super quick answer is, Hill had time to throw to his primary target and liked what he saw, so he threw it. Had he needed to look elsewhere, he would have likely been sacked.

Hill drops back steps... Heitmann gets beat around his right shoulder... Wragge tries to get over to help... Hill clearly has VD as his first read and throws it unmolested but with Ratliff closing in to his immediate right. He was happy to go to his first read in VD, but overshot the ball badly and behind VD's route.
At 4:24 when Manny was looking for a screen he got fooled and badly. At one point he turned around with his arms up. He better wake up.
Once again excellent work my friend, thanks for the informative post!
Quote:

Yeah that was the bad ball hill threw even though davis had a stepped on his man he had to turn his whole body the other way to try and make the horrible throw.

Props on the play-by-play. I'm rewatching the game now and here's some of the things I've noticed.

Hill didn't play as poorly as I originally thought. The pass blocking wasn't really there and other than Battle, his WRs didn't help him out any.

Josh Morgan dropped a pass about 20 yards down the field, late in the 2nd, we settled for a FG. Prior to that, on the same drive, Morgan was slow getting out of his break and disrupted the timing between him and Shaun. It resulted in an incomplete pass and would've been a first down.

Battle did an outstanding job. He gets open and comes back to the ball. Solid performance by him.

Chilo and Coffee gave the QB absolutely no time to get through their progressions. I thought Rachal looked great against Oakland, but he regressed against Dallas. He whiffed on a few stunts in the first half alone. Coffee is lucky to even get his hands on pass rushers. Until Coffee learns to pass block, don't expect to see much of him during the regular season. I love his running style, but he's a huge liability on a passing downs (when not taking a screen pass).

We really need Crabtree (and Bruce). He would be the perfect compliment to Shaun Hill. If Crab can create quick seperation as he so easily did in college, he'll be a huge asset, giving Hill a quick target. Watching Battle play so well underneath made me wonder.

Defense: This has been talked about plenty, so all I say is that unless Manusky can manufacture a pass rush through creativity, our defense isn't going to improve into the Top-10 tier, as we all hoped. It seemed that everyone except the coaching staff realized that we needed to bring in a pass rusher. Hopefully we can still land one after the rosters are cut, but don't hold your breath.

OK, one more rant on the pass rushers. I'm sick of the team bringing in guys that are even effective college rushers. Moore, Haralson, Lawson, Brooks, come on. Lawson had a decent speed rush, but that's it. For instance, watch Elvis Dumervil (4th Rd pick) this season in Denver. He's playing in Nolan's defense and just learning the 3-4, but I'm willing to bet that he easily outplays Manny and Haralson. Why? Because he has a knack for getting to the QB. Our guys couldn't bring down the QB in college and now they can't do it in the Pros.

You don't have to draft 1st rounders to get pass rushers either. Nick Reed (7th Rd) and Everette Brown (2nd Rd) are two of last season's NCAA leaders in sacks and their getting to the QB for their new squads. It's time we start drafting pass rushers, not guys that we think will better make the transition to OLB; otherwise, we get stuck with guys like Manny and Haralson, who are good LBs, but not very good pass rushers.

[ Edited by strickac on Aug 31, 2009 at 10:39:55 ]
Also, I like what I saw from Balmer. We really need someone to compliment Justin Smith and Balmer looks like he's making huge strides from last season.
2nd Quarter

Again, a network problem cuts out the early minutes of the 2nd quarter

Dallas Cowboys continued. SFO DAL

1st and 10 at DAL 19 (14:59) T.Romo pass short right to P.Crayton to DAL 38 for 19 yards (N.Clements). 0 7
1st and 10 at DAL 38 (14:59) F.Jones right end to DAL 41 for 3 yards (I.Sopoaga).
PENALTY on SF-I.Sopoaga, Illegal Use of Hands, 0 yards, enforced at DAL 46.
1st and 10 at DAL 46 (14:01) M.Barber to DAL 50 for 4 yards (J.Smith).
2nd and 6 at DAL 50 (13:13) M.Barber to SF 45 for 5 yards (P.Willis).
3rd and 1 at SF 45 (12:15) M.Barber to SF 45 for no gain.
4th and 1 at SF 45 (11:49) M.Barber to SF 42 for 3 yards (M.Roman, P.Willis).
1st and 10 at SF 42 (11:03) T.Romo pass to M.Austin pushed ob at SF 30 for 12 yards.
base D... Franklin fights for a 2 yd push... Evans (RDE) gets about 5 yds upfield but not a real threat... LDE is Balmer, he takes a double until TKO blitzes late... Manny slips down before testing the RB block around the edge... soft coverage from Bly
1st and 10 at SF 30 (10:26) M.Barber to SF 18 for 12 yards (P.Haralson).
base D... Franklin slips in for 3 yd penetration, but the RB is not close enough fro him to grab... Balmer gets doubled, stands ground, but can't get him... Manny smashes the pulling OG... Willis commits early, but way off the actual rush direction... TKO taken out by TE... Haralson looked like a clunky DL trying to get over there (too many burgers?)... lazy tackle effort by Nate
1st and 10 at SF 18 (9:54) M.Barber to SF 13 for 5 yards (M.Roman, I.Sopoaga).
camera is late... we clearly lost the LOS up the gut here...
2nd and 5 at SF 13 (9:39) M.Barber left end to SF 14 for -1 yards (K.Balmer; S.Spencer).
base D... Balmer at NT slips penetration and chases down RB, very nice... Justin gets engulfed by couple of OL... Parys gets easily handled by TE, though he holds ground... Spencer fills in hard to help Balmer with a powerful assist tackle
3rd and 6 at SF 14 (8:55) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass to J.Witten to SF 5 for 9 yards (P.Willis).
4 DL... Manny )at RDE) hits a wall with LT... Parys gets doubled and put down... RayMac gets nowhere on the OC... JUstin shoves LG away and slips through to chase Romo out of pocket... Willis on TE's back with tight coverage
1st and 5 at SF 5 (8:18) M.Barber up the middle to SF 3 for 2 yards (I.Sopoaga).
base D... camera's late and far back... Franklin was seen upfield, so he beat #70 but was too far away from the run...
2nd and 3 at SF 3 (7:27) (Shotgun) F.Jones up the middle for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN. 0 7
4 DL... Justin gets turned and taken out of rush lane... TKO fills to take lead blocker... Manny attacks outside edge, so he's too far out to get back in... Willis seems to prefer taking on an interior OL rather than sniff out the rush lane.
N.Folk extra point is GOOD, Center-L.Ladouceur, Holder-M.McBriar. 0 7
D.Buehler kicks 70 yards from DAL 30 to SF 0. A.Rossum to SF 16 for 16 yards (P.Watkins).
DRIVE TOTALS: SF 0 DAL 7, 14 plays, 94 yards, 1 penalty, 8:04 drive, 7:33 elapsed

San Francisco 49ers at 7:27, (1st play from scrimmage 7:22) SFO DAL

1st and 10 at SF 16 (7:22) G.Coffee up the middle to SF 17 for 1 yard (J.Siavii).
Staley did okay by holding up Ware... Wragge got no forward push on his man... Heitmann no push either... Rachal hit the 2nd level quickly, not terribly effective... Sims sucked on stopping his man from crashing in and getting to RB... ineffective lead block by Norris
2nd and 9 at SF 17 (6:42) G.Coffee up the middle to SF 22 for 5 yards (K.Brooking).
late weakside blitz actually helps our run to strongside... Wragge pulls but can't find someone to engage... Heitmann goes far weakside to keep a blitzer from getting the handoff... Rachal does well enough sealing a lane... same for Sims... VD effective 2nd level block... Norris good lead block... nice vision from Coffee
3rd and 4 at SF 22 (6:22) (Shotgun) S.Hill sacked at SF 14 for -8 yards (J.Ratliff).
Hill has barely 3 seconds, (they blitzed 6) but decides to eat it rather than make himself vulnerable to a shot... Now THAT is what a 1-gap NT is supposed to look like!!!... the only OL to do remotely well was Wragge... Hill had Battle open on a drag route.. but I guess he did the safe thing... I figure, if you are gonna get hit anyway (which he did) get the ball out to the open man quickly
4th and 12 at SF 14 (6:00) A.Lee punts 43 yards to DAL 43, Center-B.Jennings. T.Newman to SF 14 for 43 yards (M.Hudson). lazy mistackle that DWalker is gonna get reamed for
PENALTY on SF, Illegal Formation, 5 yards, enforced at SF 14.

Dallas Cowboys at 5:55 SFO DAL

1st and 9 at SF 9 (5:55) T.Romo pass to P.Crayton to SF 6 for 3 yards.
base D... Franklin goes nowhere... Manny blankets TE... Balmer steadily slips upfield... Evans gets nowhere... Parys blocked low to slow him down... TKO slow to get over in sideline coverage
2nd and 6 at SF 6 (5:50) F.Jones to SF 4 for 2 yards.
base D... Franklin holds but is neutralized from getting close to the outside run... same for Evans... Parys slow recognition, slips down... Bly fills hard but misses RB...
3rd and 4 at SF 4 (5:50) PENALTY on DAL-M.Colombo, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at SF 4 - No Play.
3rd and 9 at SF 9 (5:30) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass to P.Crayton to SF 2 for 7 yards.
Nickle.... Manny and Parys uselessly run the arc... Justin contained... RayMac slips between OC and RG nicely, would have been a sack, but Romo evades well... very tight coverage Willis
4th and 2 at SF 2 (5:30) PENALTY on DAL, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at SF 2 - No Play.
4th and 7 at SF 7 (5:16) (Field Goal formation) N.Folk 25 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-L.Ladouceur, Holder-M.McBriar. 0 10
D.Buehler kicks 71 yards from DAL 30 to SF -1. A.Rossum pushed ob at SF 20 for 21 yards (D.Buehler).
PENALTY on SF-D.Walker, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at SF 20.
DRIVE TOTALS: SF 0 DAL 10, 4 plays, 2 yards, 3:06 drive, 12:11 elapsed

San Francisco 49ers at 2:49, (1st play from scrimmage 2:58) SFO DAL

1st and 10 at SF 10 (2:58) G.Coffee to SF 17 for 7 yards (D.Anderson, G.Sensabaugh).
Heitmann does just enough to preserve the rush lane... same for Rachal... Sims gets to second level, but was fairly useless... VD does just enough to allow the RB the lane... Battle downfield blocking
2nd and 3 at SF 17 (2:11) G.Coffee to SF 23 for 6 yards (A.Spencer).
Heitmann mauls his man out of rush lane... nice blocking by Rachal... Sims and DWalker team up to eliminate DE... Wragge sucked, fell on his back, but occupied someone just long enough... excellent blocking Staley... VD turned his man effectively
Two-Minute Warning
1st and 10 at SF 23 (2:00) (Shotgun) S.Hill pass to G.Coffee to SF 29 for 6 yards (B.James).
screen set up well by Heitmann, but Wragge a little late to get there and set up...
2nd and 4 at SF 29 (1:44) (Shotgun) S.Hill pass incomplete short left to J.Morgan.
decent blocking by OL, and blocking backs to help slow rush... ugly comeback pass to Morgan on sideline... possibly catchable, but very tough
3rd and 4 at SF 29 (1:36) (Shotgun) S.Hill pass short left to A.Battle to SF 46 for 17 yards (O.Scandrick; T.Newman).
quick 3 yd drag route to Battle, good RAC yds Battle... protection holding, but running out
1st and 10 at SF 46 (1:29) S.Hill pass incomplete.
Has time, but feels pressured... scrambles out of pocket and throws it away (must not have liked primary target)
2nd and 10 at SF 46 (:54) (Shotgun) S.Hill pass incomplete short left to G.Coffee.
awful throw to set up easy screen a few yds away... pathetic... Eric Davis bashes this one
3rd and 10 at SF 46 (:51) (Shotgun) S.Hill pass deep right to A.Battle ran ob at DAL 35 for 19 yards.
excellent protection... Battle hauls in a very tough and low pass
1st and 10 at DAL 35 (:44) (Shotgun) S.Hill pass incomplete to J.Morgan (T.Newman).
excellent protection again... pass is high and nearly picked by CB Newman leaping over Morgan's inside shoulder... Eric Davis bashes the throw also
2nd and 10 at DAL 35 (:28) (Shotgun) G.Coffee up the middle to DAL 29 for 6 yards (B.Carpenter).
draw up the gut... nice blocks by Rachal and Heitmann...
3rd and 4 at DAL 29 (:22) (Shotgun) S.Hill pass to A.Battle to DAL 24 for 5 yards (T.Newman).
quick pass to Battle in-bounds
Timeout #3 by SF at 00:11.
1st and 10 at DAL 24 (:11) (Field Goal formation) J.Nedney 42 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-B.Jennings, Holder-A.Lee. 3 10
J.Nedney kicks 45 yards from SF 30 to DAL 25. K.Ogletree ran ob at SF 40 for 35 yards.

2nd and 7 at SF 36 (8:48) S.Hill pass short left to M.Robinson to SF 47 for 11 yards (K.Brooking). Pass complete on quick out; 3-step
drop back.
super quick pass to MRob coming out of FB spot... great call, as the heavy blitz cleared out that side

I think this is the play where Vernon lined up at Split End. I know it was during a play for Robinson.
Originally posted by DesiDez:

drop back.

I think this is the play where Vernon lined up at Split End. I know it was during a play for Robinson.

Absolutely correct... VD out at split end running a streak...
Share 49ersWebzone