Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Hill

Smith

Davis

bye bye Huard

Smitty, that you??

Hater, that you?

why does one need to be a hater to recognize that a QB has nothing to offer the team. What kind of garbage reasoning is that?? Why would I want Smith coming off the bench if there is someone that is clearly better and has the stats to prove it? Smith is clearly a 3rd stringer in starters clothing lol.

Let me guess, you think Huard should be the starter Smith>>>>>>Huard

I just don't see how he can help us if we needed a back-up. I'd want someone that has proven to be better. But I am a hater for that.

So you would rather have Huard over Hill

This looks like the perfect time to use this picture I found

Umm...If you read a little more carefully you would realize that I clearly said as a backup. So I know that you wanted to make me sound really, really ignorant but pardon me sir...is that egg I see there?? No sir...processed american

well seems how Smith and Hill were pretty even in their preseason performances and your clear mancrush for huard thinking he is leaps and bounds better than Smith. That would mean that you feel that Huard should start over Hill. And yes I am American! And damn proud of it! I assume you are not. Sorry to hear about that
[ Edited by backontop on Aug 27, 2009 at 5:15 PM ]
Originally posted by backontop:
Hill

Smith

Davis

bye bye Huard

Smitty, that you??

Hater, that you?

why does one need to be a hater to recognize that a QB has nothing to offer the team. What kind of garbage reasoning is that?? Why would I want Smith coming off the bench if there is someone that is clearly better and has the stats to prove it? Smith is clearly a 3rd stringer in starters clothing lol.

I just don't see how he can help us if we needed a back-up. I'd want someone that has proven to be better. But I am a hater for that.

Umm...If you read a little more carefully you would realize that I clearly said as a backup. So I know that you wanted to make me sound really, really ignorant but pardon me sir...is that egg I see there?? No sir...processed american

well seems how Smith and Hill were pretty even in their preseason performances and your clear mancrush for huard thinking he is leaps and bounds better than Smith. That would mean that you feel that Huard should start over Hill. And yes I am American! And damn proud of it! I assume you are not. Sorry to hear about that

LOL, I am American living in Los Angeles lol. Smith sucks. It is not a mancrush. It is wanting the team to win. The mancrush is on your side because you want the lesser guy to play...tell me who has the crush. My weanting Huard to be the #2 is based on his body of work, career stats. They are better than Smith's. Get a grip lady.
Hill

Smith

Davis

bye bye Huard

Smitty, that you??

Hater, that you?

LOL, I am American living in Los Angeles lol. Smith sucks. It is not a mancrush. It is wanting the team to win. The mancrush is on your side because you want the lesser guy to play...tell me who has the crush. My weanting Huard to be the #2 is based on his body of work, career stats. They are better than Smith's. Get a grip lady.

We both want the team to win. I just don't think Huard can do it consistantly. He might win a game or two but that is about it. I am not saying Smith will do any better but I feel he would give the team a better chance to win than Huard. I am comfortable with the line up being Hill/Smith/(Huard, Davis)
Davis has been great for what he has been asked to do... lead a simplified offense down the field. Also teams are enamored by arm strength and I'm sure im not the only one that saw Davis win the college skills competition.

Huard will be cut and will be the first person we call if a QB goes down, its as simple as that. The odds of Huard sitting on a couch all season waiting for a call from a team are much greater than the odds of Davis making through Waivers.
Hill

Smith

Davis

bye bye Huard

Smitty, that you??

Hater, that you?

We both want the team to win. I just don't think Huard can do it consistantly. He might win a game or two but that is about it. I am not saying Smith will do any better but I feel he would give the team a better chance to win than Huard. I am comfortable with the line up being Hill/Smith/(Huard, Davis)

Your logic is very unlogical but whatever. Huard has had more success in this league which is why I don't understand you people. Whatever. To each his own.
Here's why I think Huard will be cut. Damon was signed long before the draft, long before the 49ers knew they were going to get Davis. The only reason he was brought in was to replace JTO.

The minute the 49ers drafted Davis, Huard became expendable. Huard is 36 years old, he doesn't have very many years left. Davis on the other hand, is 22 and has potential. If he is put on the practice squad, a team will pick him up (there's way to much potential there).

Alex isn't going to get cut, so those wishing for it to happen, keep dreaming. He's going to be the second string QB.
This thread

Originally posted by linkboy:
Here's why I think Huard will be cut. Damon was signed long before the draft, long before the 49ers knew they were going to get Davis. The only reason he was brought in was to replace JTO.

The minute the 49ers drafted Davis, Huard became expendable. Huard is 36 years old, he doesn't have very many years left. Davis on the other hand, is 22 and has potential. If he is put on the practice squad, a team will pick him up (there's way to much potential there).

Alex isn't going to get cut, so those wishing for it to happen, keep dreaming. He's going to be the second string QB.

For whatever reasoning that may be. I still disagree with having a 2nd string QB that is absolutely garbage. That's why I am not coach though.

Edit: It's like running out of coke and being handed a diet rite...despite the fact that a perfectly good coke is hanging out right there in the fridge. But I am beating a dead horse, I digress lol.
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Aug 28, 2009 at 12:48 AM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
Huard is gonna get cut. Noway we keep 4.

Huard has already been told by the 49ers that they plan on keeping him. we gave him a 2 year deal i beleive.

were just going to carry 4 QB. its not like couldnt use an extra option at QB...

• BobS
  • Veteran

For whatever reasoning that may be. I still disagree with having a 2nd string QB that is absolutely garbage. That's why I am not coach though.

Edit: It's like running out of coke and being handed a diet rite...despite the fact that a perfectly good coke is hanging out right there in the fridge. But I am beating a dead horse, I digress lol.

Why not? The 1st string QB is garbage. Anyone who thought Hill has looked good in preseason is watching the games drunk or stoned.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by susweel:
Huard is gonna get cut. Noway we keep 4.

Huard has already been told by the 49ers that they plan on keeping him. we gave him a 2 year deal i beleive.

were just going to carry 4 QB. its not like couldnt use an extra option at QB...

Giving him a two year deal doesn't mean we are stuck with him for two years in the NFL
Originally posted by BobS:

Why not? The 1st string QB is garbage. Anyone who thought Hill has looked good in preseason is watching the games drunk or stoned.

At least the first string has proven he can win games. Smith cannot even deliver a catchable ball and has a hard time getting first downs. Hill and Huard have better stats, that's all I am saying. I don't regard Hill or Huard that high as far as starters go but they are years better than Smith which is the important factor. Smith has NOTHING to offer and if he came off the bench it is a loss.

At least the first string has proven he can win games. Smith cannot even deliver a catchable ball and has a hard time getting first downs. Hill and Huard have better stats, that's all I am saying. I don't regard Hill or Huard that high as far as starters go but they are years better than Smith which is the important factor. Smith has NOTHING to offer and if he came off the bench it is a loss.

I think some people are still bitter that their boy Alex Smith didn't pull through and win the starting job like many of them hoped, wished, and prayed for.

But I would have to agree with you ninerfan, Alex Smith is a bum (his performance on the field that is). He looks so uncomfortable in the pocket every time he drops back. Even if the O-line is doing a decent job blocking up front, he likes to scramble and roll out to his right, (allll the time!) even if he doesn't need to. His accuracy sucks. Sure some of you may argue he's faster, bigger, has the bigger arm, but that's all he has. He doesn't have the intangibles that Singletary stated Hill has, (leadership, winning ability, presence in the huddle, and support and belief from his teammates).

I hope they cut Smith. I think the only reason they don't want to cut him just yet is that the front office wants to save face. They don't want to admit that they made a mistake in picking Smith. I'm almost sure that the rest of the league already knows Alex Smith is a bust.

I honestly believe based on performances I've seen, Huard > Smith.

Hill > Huard > Davis

Put Alex Smith on the practice squad or get rid of him.
Originally posted by bigmike55:

I think some people are still bitter that their boy Alex Smith didn't pull through and win the starting job like many of them hoped, wished, and prayed for.

But I would have to agree with you ninerfan, Alex Smith is a bum (his performance on the field that is). He looks so uncomfortable in the pocket every time he drops back. Even if the O-line is doing a decent job blocking up front, he likes to scramble and roll out to his right, (allll the time!) even if he doesn't need to. His accuracy sucks. Sure some of you may argue he's faster, bigger, has the bigger arm, but that's all he has. He doesn't have the intangibles that Singletary stated Hill has, (leadership, winning ability, presence in the huddle, and support and belief from his teammates).

I hope they cut Smith. I think the only reason they don't want to cut him just yet is that the front office wants to save face. They don't want to admit that they made a mistake in picking Smith. I'm almost sure that the rest of the league already knows Alex Smith is a bust.

I honestly believe based on performances I've seen, Huard > Smith.

Hill > Huard > Davis

Put Alex Smith on the practice squad or get rid of him.

Thank you Bigmike. You're spot on that Smith needs to go. Niners need to move on. He is Ryan Leaf part Deux. It's not good ,but go with Hill,huard and davis
Share 49ersWebzone