Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by BigMar:
Final Roster:

Hill

Smith

Davis

End of story.

No sir, that is not good insurance in case something tragic happens to Hill.Why, just why should Smith start above anyone one this roster. He doesn't know the offense better, he isn't more skilled/talented. I just can't see Sing making that happen.

You, sir, must have selected reading comprehension or must be as dumb as a stump. Singletary has said he is happy with both Hill and Smith.
Originally posted by Squirrel:
Final Roster:

Hill

Smith

Davis

End of story.

No sir, that is not good insurance in case something tragic happens to Hill.Why, just why should Smith start above anyone one this roster. He doesn't know the offense better, he isn't more skilled/talented. I just can't see Sing making that happen.

You, sir, must have selected reading comprehension or must be as dumb as a stump. Singletary has said he is happy with both Hill and Smith.

Originally posted by backontop:
Final Roster:

Hill

Smith

Davis

End of story.

and you have no idea what being politically correct means huh? What else can he say....Yah, he sucks. You just can't get over it because you don't wanna throw out your Smith Jersey. Why the hell are you still defending the LOSER?? If you think Smith is better than Huard than you are truly the one dumb as a stump my friend. Good day sir.
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Aug 26, 2009 at 9:34 PM ]
Do the math for all the positions. This club has no room on the Final 53 for 4 QB's.

In fact, one could make a good argument to keep only 2 QB's (Hill and Smith) on the Final 53 with Davis on the PS, cutting Huard to help out the depth at another position like WR. See Maiocco's explanation why Davis would likely clear waivers and make it to the Niner PS.

But, it looks like Hill, Smith, Huard to me on the Final 53, with Huard as a Game Day Inactive, so long as both Hill and Smith are jhealthy enough to play. Huard can game manage well enough for the club to win in Raye's RB-oriented offense.
Huard is not going to help us at all. He was brought in here with the hope that he might be able to compete with Alex and Shaun for the starting job. He obviously wasn't able to do that, so now we need to let him go. Nate Davis is a talented rookie that we should keep around IMO. With a run orriented offense we are not likely to go through all our QB's like we did in the Martz scheme. Keep in mind that Alex and Shauns current injuries wouldn't keep either of them from playing in a regular season game.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Huard is not going to help us at all. He was brought in here with the hope that he might be able to compete with Alex and Shaun for the starting job. He obviously wasn't able to do that, so now we need to let him go. Nate Davis is a talented rookie that we should keep around IMO. With a run orriented offense we are not likely to go through all our QB's like we did in the Martz scheme. Keep in mind that Alex and Shauns current injuries wouldn't keep either of them from playing in a regular season game.

Wow, just wow. Another fan claiming Smith is a better QB than Huard. I just cant believe it. He clearly isn't and HUard has much more to offer than Smith who has absolutely NOTHING to offer.
Final Roster:

Hill

Smith

Davis

End of story.

and you have no idea what being politically correct means huh? What else can he say....Yah, he sucks. You just can't get over it because you don't wanna throw out your Smith Jersey. Why the hell are you still defending the LOSER?? If you think Smith is better than Huard than you are truly the one dumb as a stump my friend. Good day sir.

Apparently, you are incapable of thinking clearly.

Politically correct, huh? The coach that has the habit of speaking his mind -- to the point he dropped his pants in the locker room at half time -- is being politically correct?

How about the former offensive coordinator who is not associated with the team saying Smith has a future in the NFL?

Get over your hate for Smith. The fact is he can play at the NFL level -- several people have said as much. Has he proven he's star material? God, no. He probably never will, too (which is why I have said repeatedly that I don't think we have the quarterback this team needs to get to the Super Duper Bowl on the roster).

Considering you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, I would highly recommend you take a step away from your computer for a while, at least until you can comprehend that Smith isn't the spawn of Satan, destined to bring about the Apocalypse.
  • mod
  • Veteran
by keeping huard u are wasting a roster spot for the young guys like sheets. u can find guys like Huard all the time. Id rather cut huard if it means we have a better shot at developing our rookies. 4qb's is a waste of space.
Final Roster:

Hill

Smith

Davis

End of story.

Politically correct, huh? The coach that has the habit of speaking his mind -- to the point he dropped his pants in the locker room at half time -- is being politically correct?

How about the former offensive coordinator who is not associated with the team saying Smith has a future in the NFL?

Get over your hate for Smith. The fact is he can play at the NFL level -- several people have said as much. Has he proven he's star material? God, no. He probably never will, too (which is why I have said repeatedly that I don't think we have the quarterback this team needs to get to the Super Duper Bowl on the roster).

Considering you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, I would highly recommend you take a step away from your computer for a while, at least until you can comprehend that Smith isn't the spawn of Satan, destined to bring about the Apocalypse.

Whatever dude. You can keep sporting that Smith Jersey. If Singletary keeps Smith he is a douchebag, plain and simple and it will probably be more of a McCloughlan decision.

Smith cannot play at this level and he has shown that he cannot handle adversity, nor a sore finger, LOL. He cannot make all the throws. He cannot read a defense. He cannot get rid of the ball in time and he is perpetually flawed. It is a huge mistake to keep Smith on this team. It is giving SMith false hope that he can actually contribute when it is obvious he cannot.

If he came off the bench to replace Hill, game over. Teams will stack the box and beat him to death. He isn't very good AT ALL, period. You can defend him all you want and call me whatever you want but it is what it is. And he sucks, point blank.
Four QBs on the roster is a lot, but I wouldn't be surprised if Huard makes the 53 man roster.

Originally posted by aacadena:
Originally posted by Ohio49er:
Either Smith should be traded or Huard will be cut (and if I were Huard, I'd think I'm the odd man out).

Four quarterbacks is one too many. No way they can risk putting Davis on the practice squad.

Bye-bye, Damon?

Agreed, you are the Weakest Link. Good bye.

Final Roster:

Hill

Smith

Davis

End of story.

Whatever dude. You can keep sporting that Smith Jersey. If Singletary keeps Smith he is a douchebag, plain and simple and it will probably be more of a McCloughlan decision.

Smith cannot play at this level and he has shown that he cannot handle adversity, nor a sore finger, LOL. He cannot make all the throws. He cannot read a defense. He cannot get rid of the ball in time and he is perpetually flawed. It is a huge mistake to keep Smith on this team. It is giving SMith false hope that he can actually contribute when it is obvious he cannot.

If he came off the bench to replace Hill, game over. Teams will stack the box and beat him to death. He isn't very good AT ALL, period. You can defend him all you want and call me whatever you want but it is what it is. And he sucks, point blank.

Yeah, okay, dude. You're right. You've proven your point like the master debater that you are. Smith sucks because you said so. It's like I said: I have repeatedly said I do not think we have the quarterback to take us to the Super Bowl on this team. But, I guess it's your selective reading comprehension, again.

What I love is that you're basing all of your opinions off of Smith's 32 games and not taking into account what his coaches -- past and present -- have said about him and his abilities. That's just cool. In fact, I'm going to take that philosophy towards life, too.

I am going to base my opinions of you off of your body of work here at the 'zone. You can imagine what I think of you.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by 9erred:
The last time the niners kept four qb's, I believe these where the four.

Gio Carmazzi
Tim Rattay
Ken Dorsey
Cody Pickett

Do we really want to go back to these dark days. Huard is odd man out, plain and simple. He is 36, and could be picked back up.

I personally would cut Smith, as he still lifts his back foot when throwing, constantly overthrows receivers, and cannot complete short pass's for screens.

I think Smith has no trade valule, if a team would give up any draft picks in the future, they should jump on it.

They’ve never kept four it was
Smith
Rattay
Dorsey
Pickett was brought up from the practice squad after injury that’s what teams do they don’t carry four QB’s

Not true at all:

Alex Smith
Tim Rattay
Ken Dorsey
Cody Pickett - he was never on the practice squad.

I'm pretty sure in 2003 it was:

Jeff Garcia
Tim Rattay
Ken Dorsey
Brandon Doman

uh please prove to me they were all on the active roster at the same time

didn't they get added after one went on IR?

either way it's dumb to keep four cause it takes up a roster spot best used for a backup CB,WR,LB that also starts on ST
Final Roster:

Hill

Smith

Davis

End of story.

Yeah, okay, dude. You're right. You've proven your point like the master debater that you are. Smith sucks because you said so. It's like I said: I have repeatedly said I do not think we have the quarterback to take us to the Super Bowl on this team. But, I guess it's your selective reading comprehension, again.

What I love is that you're basing all of your opinions off of Smith's 32 games and not taking into account what his coaches -- past and present -- have said about him and his abilities. That's just cool. In fact, I'm going to take that philosophy towards life, too.

I am going to base my opinions of you off of your body of work here at the 'zone. You can imagine what I think of you.

Wear that jersey out partner....cough...I mean Squirell. You are one of Smith's biggest supporrters...ahem, cough ballwashers he has on this site. I don't hate him so you are pretty off base. He just isn't any good and we have seen enough of him try to pretend to be a QB to know this. You my friend are in your own world with your Smith jersey.

Hill has been through multiple coordinators, so has Huard, so has every other QB almost but we don't need to make excuses for them like we have to Alex. What an absolute joke. Hill hadn't had amply time throwing to our receivers yet he hit them in stride, unlike Alex. But im sorry, Alex just needs more time and babying I guess.

Final Roster:

Hill

Smith

Davis

End of story.

Wear that jersey out partner....cough...I mean Squirell. You are one of Smith's biggest supporrters...ahem, cough ballwashers he has on this site. I don't hate him so you are pretty off base. He just isn't any good and we have seen enough of him try to pretend to be a QB to know this. You my friend are in your own world with your Smith jersey.

Hill has been through multiple coordinators, so has Huard, so has every other QB almost but we don't need to make excuses for them like we have to Alex. What an absolute joke. Hill hadn't had amply time throwing to our receivers yet he hit them in stride, unlike Alex. But im sorry, Alex just needs more time and babying I guess.

Right! I forgot. I'm a HUGE Alex supporter because you said so. Honestly, Mr. Nolan -- er, ninerfan818 -- you really aren't the brightest bulb in the bunch.

Seriously, dude, you really should go away.
Share 49ersWebzone