Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Nate Davis, the new Thomas Clayton.

-9fA

-9fA

• fryet
  • Veteran
We need to figure out who our starter is going to be, and if we do know, prepare him for the regular season. We don't want to take the ball out of his hands, to give more practice time for our third string QB.
Originally posted by eddy99_1999:
I'm watching the game and I like his pocket presence ,arm , and decision making. what do we have to lose

Silly thoguht - sorry mate he was playing against the 3rd string raiders - the first string Raiders barely cut it - come one man.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

-9fA
Originally posted by Sugatis:
Originally posted by eddy99_1999:
I'm watching the game and I like his pocket presence ,arm , and decision making. what do we have to lose

Silly thoguht - sorry mate he was playing against the 3rd string raiders - the first string Raiders barely cut it - come one man.

But you know whats sux if their first string barely cuts it, Smith and Hills play from Saturday night.

But yeah Davis, let him sit n learn. Becasue we might have lost the QB we drafted before him to mismanaging. Thank you Nolan.
I got high hopes for him too but wait another year or two and let him develop.
[ Edited by chimp914 on Aug 23, 2009 at 10:01 PM ]
Davis won't hang against 1st stringers.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by linkboy:
That was the biggest mistake we made with Smith, why repeat it.

Let Davis be the 3rd string QB and learn the game at his pace.

Are you blaming Smith's injury on his early baptism?

Anyone starting this year will have a real NFL caliber O-line, 2 real TE, a stable full of WR's, and maybe the best backfield this team has ever seen; not quite the supporting cast Smith was given at the ripe age of 22. But then again, "you go to war with the army you have; not the army you want" SOD DR
Hey look PUPPIES!!!

Yeah, let's start him next week and every week thereafter - madness, udder madness. Now of course if the 9ers had a JV team, then it would make sense, until then, udder and complete madness.
Eh let him sit and learn. hes a young qb with talent, dont screw up his development like we did with smith.
this isn't madden football dude. you can't just plug a qb in because he has the best arm strength or mobility and expect to win ball games. you typically need experience to succeed in the NFL and nate davis doesn't have it.

he will be good in time but lets not ruin another promising young QB by throwing him to the wolves so soon
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

-9fA

its true isnt it, the forum always has the one guy..apparently according to a few, clayton was better then barry sanders. that said, when all is said and done, nate will be better then smith will ever be...just got back from a trip and watched the game on the dvr, smith will never ever get that feel for the game. pass too high here, over throw there, some guys just never adjust to the nfl gamespeed. i am flatout convinced smith will never get it. he was a bust three years ago. it took a web forum to manufacture him being anything else.

jason hill has always been the guy lately too, some on the board that are just fascinated with carreer third stringers who they feel will be hall of famers...

end of the day, it will be intriguing what nate becomes a few years down the line. every team has also that what if guy...i live in scottsdale az, this season here, they had a qb competition going for #2 qb, a guy named brian st. pierre was supposedly competing against lienhart...every team manufactures something i guess. for those curious, the guy stunk up the joint(st. peirre)
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by linkboy:
That was the biggest mistake we made with Smith, why repeat it.

Let Davis be the 3rd string QB and learn the game at his pace.

Starting Davis in preseason week 4--after the Smith/Hill competition is over--wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

But yeah, no regular season action because that would be repeating the mistake that was made with Smith.
[ Edited by Crazy4Niners on Aug 23, 2009 at 11:55 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone