LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Next year the passrush will be addressed by...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Next year the passrush will be addressed by...

Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by got_five:
I would rather draft Mays or Berry and a pass rusher

Hell yes MAys! & the DT from Oklahoma!

Berry and the best NT/Passrusher

The stats do not lie, Berry is the superior safety.

Eric Berry

Taylor Mays
Originally posted by Aussie49er:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
there are SO many good pass rushers in next years draft..

next years draft alone is amazing, a lot of guys that will go in the second round and possibly even third next year would have been 1st round picks this year..

Lets hope for Carolina to choke this year.

They havent been looking good..even though its pre season..

guys that will likely be in the draft next year that i would LOVE to get...some of these guys will even possibly be available on a later 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick (meaning getting 3 of some of these is actually possible)

Taylor Mays
Eric Berry
Major Wright
Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow (yeah...he's steve young with 30 more pounds, eff the haters)
Jermaine Cunningham
Terrance Cody (BEST 3-4 NT prospect EVER, he's almost 400lbs)
George Selvie
Greg Hardy
Joe Haden
Patrick Robinson

obviously some with think i left a bunch out, these are just some guys im looking to have pretty big seasons...who i personally WANT
Originally posted by got_five:
I would rather draft Mays or Berry and a pass rusher
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Draft next year and sign anyone who doesn't make the NY Giants squad at DE this year. Jerry Reese is the best GM when it comes to finding talented pass rushers and defensive lineman.

For a 4-3 D

The Niners go to the nickel on third down in obvious passing situations. Having a designated pass rusher for that scenario wouldn't hurt.
Originally posted by Mex49:
2 first rounders could do wonders for our pass rush. Wouldn't that be nice. We can solidify our D-line for years

Let's pray the QB situation is solidified and the Niners won't be looking to use one of those picks (the highest one probably) on a QB.
Originally posted by Aussie49er:
there are SO many good pass rushers in next years draft..

next years draft alone is amazing, a lot of guys that will go in the second round and possibly even third next year would have been 1st round picks this year..

Lets hope for Carolina to choke this year.

They havent been looking good..even though its pre season..

guys that will likely be in the draft next year that i would LOVE to get...some of these guys will even possibly be available on a later 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick (meaning getting 3 of some of these is actually possible)

Taylor Mays
Eric Berry
Major Wright
Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow (yeah...he's steve young with 30 more pounds, eff the haters)
Jermaine Cunningham
Terrance Cody (BEST 3-4 NT prospect EVER, he's almost 400lbs)
George Selvie
Greg Hardy
Joe Haden
Patrick Robinson

obviously some with think i left a bunch out, these are just some guys im looking to have pretty big seasons...who i personally WANT

Yeah, you're right about that one. Oh, except for the fact that Steve Young actually threw the football accurately.
he may not be AS accurate at steve young...but those who critisize tebow's accuracy are quite ill informed, watch some florida games and realize how many great throws he made that were silly drops by the receivers and backs..

a respectable 66% completion rating with 67 touchdowns and 11 interceptions with only 2 years of starting time, are you kidding me?
[ Edited by MaliCali on Aug 23, 2009 at 12:18 AM ]
His passing numbers are inflated because he can dink and dunk and let his playmakers do the heavy lifting in that offense. I've watched plenty of Florida games. In fact, I even watched Tebow play in H.S. He is not an NFL quality passer. In fact, he's got Alex beat on "it" factor but if you put a gun to Urban Meyer's head and made him tell you honestly who the best passing QB he's ever coached was his answer is Alex Smith.
Originally posted by CornellU49er:
His passing numbers are inflated because he can dink and dunk and let his playmakers do the heavy lifting in that offense. I've watched plenty of Florida games. In fact, I even watched Tebow play in H.S. He is not an NFL quality passer. In fact, he's got Alex beat on "it" factor but if you put a gun to Urban Meyer's head and made him tell you honestly who the best passing QB he's ever coached was his answer is Alex Smith.

thats not a d**k measuring internet comment or anything

youve totally convinced me..
[ Edited by MaliCali on Aug 23, 2009 at 12:26 AM ]
Dude, it has nothing to do with d**ks or their length, or even their girth for that matter. All I'm saying is, don't call me ill informed.

The guy is the subject of some pretty strong opinions, one way or the other. I'm not sure I've ever met someone who didn't think the guy was either going to be great or a bust in the NFL. We'll just have to give it a couple of years to find out. I just have strong enough doubts that I would be upset if the 9ers gambled a high pick on him.

Share 49ersWebzone