LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 300 users in the forums

Next year the passrush will be addressed by...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Next year the passrush will be addressed by...

Draft next year and sign anyone who doesn't make the NY Giants squad at DE this year. Jerry Reese is the best GM when it comes to finding talented pass rushers and defensive lineman.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Draft next year and sign anyone who doesn't make the NY Giants squad at DE this year. Jerry Reese is the best GM when it comes to finding talented pass rushers and defensive lineman.

For a 4-3 D
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
shawne merriman and then eric berry/best NT? that would make me...

If he is back to his old self the chargers will probably try to offer him an extension during the season, but hopefully we can sign a vet like merriman or ware and draft a rookie or 2
Who's going to be available besides Peppers?
I had heard Merriman is a free agent after this year and he got along well with Manusky.... Soooo lets hope we can steal him away!
Originally posted by Faithful1978:
I had heard Merriman is a free agent after this year and he got along well with Manusky.... Soooo lets hope we can steal him away!

if that happened I would shat myself, but only if he returns to steroid performances minus the steroid usage.
Originally posted by MaliCali:
there are SO many good pass rushers in next years draft..

next years draft alone is amazing, a lot of guys that will go in the second round and possibly even third next year would have been 1st round picks this year..

It is going to be real nice to be sitting there with two firsts!
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
there are SO many good pass rushers in next years draft..

next years draft alone is amazing, a lot of guys that will go in the second round and possibly even third next year would have been 1st round picks this year..

It is going to be real nice to be sitting there with two firsts!

Berry and a solid pass rusher
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

DeMarcus Ware
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

DeMarcus Ware

Originally posted by chico49erfan:
shawne merriman and then eric berry/best NT? that would make me...

I would love to see this scenario!
I still think we need to concentrate on finding a dominent NT! How about Ndamukong Suh?

STATS

[ Edited by PTulini on Aug 20, 2009 at 7:55 PM ]
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
I still thill we need to concentrate on finding a dominent NT! How about Ndamukong Suh?

STATS

I know I can be a homer at times, but I love this guy. He lead the huskers in tackles last year... as a DT! That's nuts. He is every where. Excellent speed/quickness for his size. I see him more as a 3-4 DE. I could be wrong though.
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by PTulini:
I still thill we need to concentrate on finding a dominent NT! How about Ndamukong Suh?

STATS

I know I can be a homer at times, but I love this guy. He lead the huskers in tackles last year... as a DT! That's nuts. He is every where. Excellent speed/quickness for his size. I see him more as a 3-4 DE. I could be wrong though.

Looks pretty good to me.
i love suh, but the one thing that i wouldn't like about suh is that we'd be picking within the top 5-7 probably. if it's carolina's i'm down, but then the debate would be between a top safety, prushing OLB/DE, RT, or suh. i would like BPA at that point and i think berry would contribute faster? but if we get a top 10 w/ carolina and a top 18 with ours... i think we'd be more in the FS/OLB.

of course, if lawson pans out and has a hell of a year, we'd go for a pass-rusher in the 2nd round and go DT/RT (maybe snyder tears it up?)/FS in 1st. or a BPA falls to us like this year? only time will tell but i would LOVE to have suh on our team.
Share 49ersWebzone