LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 310 users in the forums

Raye's playcalling... what did you think?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
yeah playaction would be great, besides that it looked pretty good to me.
play calling was fine...you don't lay your cards down the first hand.
Based on the calls yesterday and his track record for using TE's, we're gonna be just fine.Also, I liked the shotgun draws up the middle, the pats do a lot of that.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Quote:
1. before halftime we did like 4 shotgun draws.. they worked but, calling the same play is odd.

2. Wtf 2 min drill before halftime?

1. That's what all teams do right before the half if they're torn between going 2 min or sitting on the ball.

2. They started as if they wanted to try the 2 min drill up until Battle's false start. Then it was just draw after draw.

Quote:
he should have let nate davis throw once at least

Why I was rooting for Denver to get the 2 point conversion

Quote:
If only for two plays, he made a playmaker out of Vernon Davis.

Success!

He made 2 catches. Wouldn't say he was a playmaker.

Quote:
agreed. sheets should be used outside more, he's too small to be an inside runner, he lacks the power that gore has. i think a few sweeps and options would be very effective with his speed

The preseason is the best time to see if/what sheets can do up the middle. We know he has speed. Let's see what he can do inside.
I'm sruprised to be honest. I thought we'd see 3yds and a cloud of dust over and over again.
The passing game is easily farther along than it was at this time last year. I'm looking forward to seeing a balanced offense this year.
Originally posted by krizay:
Quote:
1. before halftime we did like 4 shotgun draws.. they worked but, calling the same play is odd.

1. That's what all teams do right before the half if they're torn between going 2 min or sitting on the ball.

2. They started as if they wanted to try the 2 min drill up until Battle's false start. Then it was just draw after draw.

Quote:

Quote:

Success!

Quote:
agreed. sheets should be used outside more, he's too small to be an inside runner, he lacks the power that gore has. i think a few sweeps and options would be very effective with his speed

The preseason is the best time to see if/what sheets can do up the middle. We know he has speed. Let's see what he can do inside.

fair enough. im glad denver didnt tie it up, overtime in the preseason is never a good thing, just more time for injuries to occur. we lost clayton and keazy yesterday, not that they were gonna start or anything but injuries can happen to anyone
For the first time in a few years (since Norv) I didn't feel nervous about the play calling... we'll see in the regular season...
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Success!

Quote:

He did look good on those 2 plays i like the call. Let's see him do it for a regular season game.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:

Success!

I liked what he did & I think he will utilize all of our weapons this season.

Quote:

Success!

As I said, "IF only for two plays"

At what point last season did Martz have VD involved in 2 near-consecutive pass plays where he hauled in a catch, in traffic, around the middle of the field for double-digit yardage?

It was the first preseason game. There is nothing you can take from this game in terms of the play calling. The same can be said for the defense. The third preseason game is usually the one where the regulars get the most playing time and prepare for the regular season opener. I will wait to pass judgement on Raye the closer we get to the games that count.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

I get the feeling the Niner's are not going to give other teams much game tape on him this pre-season.

There we go someone who knows their football.
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

I get the feeling the Niner's are not going to give other teams much game tape on him this pre-season.

There we go someone who knows their football.

I read that comment a few times and now realized the idea he was trying to get across..

Just incase they put him on the PS, they dont want other teams to have reason to go after him.. rite?
Very conservative, he kept most of the playbook in his back pocket. Just what you would expect for the 1st preseason game.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Success!

Quote:

fair enough. im glad denver didnt tie it up, overtime in the preseason is never a good thing, just more time for injuries to occur. we lost clayton and keazy yesterday, not that they were gonna start or anything but injuries can happen to anyone

there is no overtime in preseason, they just end in ties
Share 49ersWebzone