LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

How many zoners are going to overreact if we lose

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many zoners are going to overreact if we lose

I figured there would be some... so i voted some, guess there's way too many pesimistic zoners out there, but i guess we have reason to be.

I will very satisfied w/ just seeing two things happen tonight:

1. Solid pass protection; no sacks

2. A pass rush

With this QB competition we have going on... this makes this pre-season that much more to look forward to. Cheers!
a lot of ppl i dont care iof we win or lose i just want our Qbs to do good and pressure on the QB and if we can stop the run without willis
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I think people will overreact on individual performances more than whether or not we lose or not.

If Coffee runs for 150 yards then people will start saying maybe we should trade Gore.

If Manny Lawson fails to get a sack, despite never being told to blitz, then he'll be too weak and we should have drafted a pass rusher b/c we all know that would have automatically solved our pass rush issue.

Things like that is what you should expect.
I can see the n00b threads now:

"AUR DEFENS REALY SUX"

"CAN WE PLZ FIRE SINGLETERRY NOW, HE SUX?"

"JED YOERK IS A SUCKS"

"JUST MOVE THE TEAM TO L.A. ALREDDY"
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I can see the n00b threads now:

"AUR DEFENS REALY SUX"

"CAN WE PLZ FIRE SINGLETERRY NOW, HE SUX?"

"JED YOERK IS A SUCKS"

"JUST MOVE THE TEAM TO L.A. ALREDDY"

I think that only fans of other teams would be suggesting this...

...Mmmmm okay maybe SOME fans will want this but I think that's cause it would move the team closer to them.

~Ceadder
  • 49erSupremacy
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Not me
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Where's the option for "several zoners"?

Does several not fall in some and a lot?
Originally posted by teeohh:
alllll the noobs
If Nolan's defense makes our offense look foolish.... yeah i may get a bit pissed, afterall, it would be a sucky Nolan defense doing it to us.
  • rob28
  • Veteran
i only overreact when we win. losing is expected
[ Edited by rob28 on Aug 14, 2009 at 5:03 PM ]

i've gone immune to losing so it doesn't bother me anymore...
now if we start winning...!!! then i'll start to overreact!
I'm more concerned with individuals than I am with the team, obviously.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
If we lose the first quarter, I will be concerned. I don't care about who wins the 4th quarter, or the final score.
I think people are gonna be pretty cool about winning or losing our first pre-season game. God forbid, however, if both Hill and Smith stink it up in first half. The threads for, "We shoula got Vick!!!" and "Oh No! We're gonna suck again!!!" will be rampant...
  • wolfpack219
  • Info N/A
Noobs only and idiots who think pre-season games are about winning. Its about getting up to speed and executing plays.
Share 49ersWebzone