There are 160 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
our team just can't co-exist. for example:

last week against bears: 5 INTS and ended up with 10 pts

todays game: D plays well in the first quarter (bad in 2nd due to offense leaving them on the field) but offense can't do s**t

then the offense wakes up in the 2nd half and scored 14 pts and the defense can't stop the packers

the offense scored 10 points because Coach DingleBerry puts handcuffs on the offense and eliminates any chance of being productive.
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
It's amazing...

How many more times does Alex need to succeed under that "second half" scheme for the coaches to wake up?

We're not a smashmouth football team, nor should we be.

A) We don't have the line for it
B) There are way too many weapons in this offseason to allow teams to crowd the box

Other teams should be AFRAID to crowd the box

Let Alex play f**king football

Word
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Singletary is slowly but surely using up his cred...and at this point, there's no one to blame but ultimately him.

Honeymoon is over...well, the season with it too.

I steadfastly believe that while this team is not perfect, under the right coach with the right set of strategies it could have been a contender this year.

Singletary's incompetence and stubbornness prevented that. I'm not calling for his head....but he needs to put qualified people in places where they can succeed, and he needs to play to his team's strengths. Instead, he's falling into the Nolan spiral of trying to force an identity on the team that doesn't fit the team he has.
  • Nametaken49
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
can we just ask the nfl to give jax free 21 pts to start the gm??? then we'll start off from the shot gun spread formation

hahaha thats the best idea ive heard then well actually have time to catch up
Originally posted by kray28:
Singletary is slowly but surely using up his cred...and at this point, there's no one to blame but ultimately him.

I steadfastly believe that while this team is not perfect, under the right coach with the right set of strategies it could have been a contender this year.

Singletary's incompetence and stubbornness prevented that. I'm not calling for his head....but he needs to put qualified people in places where they can succeed, and he needs to play to his team's strengths. Instead, he's falling into the Nolan spiral of trying to force an identity on the team that doesn't fit the team he has.

Excellent post!
Originally posted by boomer49er:
THe 2nd half was totally different. Different formations, routes being run down the field, shotgun snaps.....

Singletary has handcuffed the offense by having a boner for this "power running" offense that we are simply not built for.

I said it when he was hired, that he was the 2nd generation of Nolan.....It's time to get a new staff and let them sort out everything.

Agree Singlatary starting to look alot like Nolan. As a defensive minded coach to allow GB to put up those #s today, this defeat has to fall squarely on the shoulders of the HC
can we just ask the nfl to give jax free 21 pts to start the gm??? then we'll start off from the shot gun spread formation

Don't bet on it... Raye isn't allowed to open that part of the playbook until the 3rd quarter. Coaches orders.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
I can't wait for the Draft!

Only 151 more days!!!

Why? With Scotty pulling the trigger its just more false hope.

He has to be gone after this year I have hope for that!

I think Scotty has done a prett good job. We have plenty of talent but the coaching staff isn't using them the way they should be. We are buit to throw the ball but they want to run and throw 3 yard outs and screens. We usually get 1 draw a game that works and about 6 that get stuffed at the line.

We need to upgrade the offensive line.

But if bringing in a guy who is established and giving him HC and GM duties, I wouldn't complain.
Originally posted by Jigga:
Originally posted by kray28:

Excellent post!

Agree excellent post

Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
our team just can't co-exist. for example:

last week against bears: 5 INTS and ended up with 10 pts

todays game: D plays well in the first quarter (bad in 2nd due to offense leaving them on the field) but offense can't do s**t

then the offense wakes up in the 2nd half and scored 14 pts and the defense can't stop the packers

Defense played well in 1st half? Did we watch the same game?

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by VA9erfan:
Can someone here give me the name of the QB who just threw his 3rd TD?
Are you seriouS

ALEX SMITH

It was the same guy who had the deer in the headlights look in the first half. Alex Smith, just good enough to lose.

Some of you fans should be shot and quartered

LOL. No, we just want to see good football.

But please, don't let that stop you from slinging sandbox insults.

OH it wont brotha i got plenty. Some of ya'll were b***hin from the start, talking negative from Jump. When ya'll can finally go a full game, supporting the entire team, mistakes and all, then they'll subside. :)

Yes. Through the magic of ESP, the team will start playing well as soon as we think positive thoughts! I now see the error of my ways! WEEEE!!!!

Yo i like that photo, but the error in your ways was even writing anything today. :)

At least that's what confusious say:)

It's Confucius. LOL at you trying to insult someone else's intelligence and then writing "confusious".

Insult intelligence, of course not. LOL. But seriously next week if you and a few others like PRIME, sometimes brotha AFRik, and a few others. If your gonna start the game with hate, then even when we produce still hate, then when this happens still hate, then we do good still hate. Oh wait you did give a f**k yes, after that CRabs TD. But you too. Why cant ya'll just support the ENTIRE TEAM without bias for one whole game. That s**t cant be done, and its saddening.
Originally posted by teeohh:
What sucks about this, is that not including the falcons game, we have a chance in every game to come out on top. But whether it be the players, coaches, play calls, whatever, we just shoot ourselves in the foot and don't take advantage or capitalize. I hope we come out firing against the Jaguars, f**k the power run, give it up and try again next year.

10-6!!!!

im done being optimistic with this garbage ass team especially the coaching staff. every wk its we can go 11-5 now we can go 10-6 please most of us know this season is a wash. time and time again i see no reason to be pumped about this team. yes we have weapons and alex does show talent but singletary and raye never put this damn team into a chance to succeed

I appears you have to force Raye into letting Smith play in a fast paced spread formation when that occurs the offense puts up points.

Defense on the field for over 41 minutes that is horrible

Best idea of the day.
f**k man we lost again. I don't give a damn either that was a blown call by the refs that was bulls**t.
Share 49ersWebzone