LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 259 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by pd24:
I hope we get the ball first and come out with a long 7 or 8 minute drive abd get 7. That should set the tone for the day. If they get the ball first, a quick 3 and out would be nice.

I hope Houston gets the ball first and our defense shuts them down. Then we get the ball and promply score on a deep pass to Crabtree.

I have a feeling Vernon Davis is going to have a big game with a lot of the focus on Gore and the WRs.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by B650:
I hope we get the ball first and come out with a long 7 or 8 minute drive abd get 7. That should set the tone for the day. If they get the ball first, a quick 3 and out would be nice.

I hope Houston gets the ball first and our defense shuts them down. Then we get the ball and promply score on a deep pass to Crabtree.

I have a feeling Vernon Davis is going to have a big game with a lot of the focus on Gore and the WRs.

I hope so. I hope they put in aome short quick routs with the 3 step drop because the o line can't hold up. That will keep them honest and open stuff up later in the game.

I hope so. I hope they put in aome short quick routs with the 3 step drop because the o line can't hold up. That will keep them honest and open stuff up later in the game.

the coaches also need to adjust the game plan as the game plays out. If the run game is getting shut down then try and use the pass to set up the run and vise versa. Throw in some play actions passes and for gods sake mix up the play calling. No more of the run run pass punt BS!
  • pd24
  • Veteran

the coaches also need to adjust the game plan as the game plays out. If the run game is getting shut down then try and use the pass to set up the run and vise versa. Throw in some play actions passes and for gods sake mix up the play calling. No more of the run run pass punt BS!

Thats what Im saying. I hope they used these 2 weeks to come up with a great game plan.

Thats what Im saying. I hope they used these 2 weeks to come up with a great game plan.

Some creativity would be nice.
  • B650
  • Veteran

They should call some QB rollouts to buy Hill some more time. He isn't THAT slow. He just has horrible footwork in the pocket.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Like the fleflicker the Pat's did yesterday and the Eagles do against us. It is always good for 7.

Like the fleflicker the Pat's did yesterday and the Eagles do against us. It is always good for 7.

maybe the annexation of puerto rico

I was thinking more along the lines of creativity in play calling.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by verb1der:
What are the chances that Houston will use the same 2 TE, 2RB set the Falcons used vs Niners D?

I doubt it since Owen Daniels is no Tony Gonzalez. I expect them to use Slaton more in the passing game and C.Brown for the running plays. Then again if the Niner D actually shows up for this game, it shouldnt matter.

While Daniels is no Gonzalez, he's a former pro-bowler who's having another good year this year. I don't think he's to be taken lightly. Gonzalez was critical valve for Ryan when we played the Falcons. We sent Lewis on him yet he still had a good day.

I think Texans pick up on this, we'll see come game day though.

-9A

The o-line actually has to block for that to work.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

The o-line actually has to block for that to work.

Yeah that's a fumble waiting to happen with us
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
What are the chances that Houston will use the same 2 TE, 2RB set the Falcons used vs Niners D?

I doubt it since Owen Daniels is no Tony Gonzalez. I expect them to use Slaton more in the passing game and C.Brown for the running plays. Then again if the Niner D actually shows up for this game, it shouldnt matter.

While Daniels is no Gonzalez, he's a former pro-bowler who's having another good year this year. I don't think he's to be taken lightly. Gonzalez was critical valve for Ryan when we played the Falcons. We sent Lewis on him yet he still had a good day.

-9A

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Also, the Niners defense relies heavily on scheme to create an effecitve pass-rush...

Falcons countered with that offensive set for max protection...

only way to get a pass rush vs this look is to win the one on one battle...and in my honest opinion, only Justin Smith is capable...

I think this will be crucial.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9A

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Also, the Niners defense relies heavily on scheme to create an effecitve pass-rush...

Falcons countered with that offensive set for max protection...

only way to get a pass rush vs this look is to win the one on one battle...and in my honest opinion, only Justin Smith is capable...

I think this will be crucial.

Just remember Matt Ryan >>>>>>Matt Schaub
I don't think Singletary/Raye will go crazy but I do see this team doing some creative things to open up the offense. 1st is Crabtree's increased role, I also believe B.Jones will see an increased role this week. I for one am rooting for Josh Morgan to start returning kicks, I say give Crabtree a chance also.
Share 49ersWebzone