LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 201 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • x49ersx123
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by teeohh:
the last time we played the texans was it not the reggie bush bowl?

Was it not the Mario Williams Bowl?
If we lose on Sunday, will my computer explode when I log into Niner Talk?
This is a game i am looking forward to see for a couple of reasons...

O-line and Gore taking it to there weak run-D. I feel like we can match up really well and hopefully Andre Johnson doesn't have a career day against us.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, noodle arm, go!
Originally posted by mayo63:
Go, noodle arm, go!

go, Crabtree, go!
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
This team is very similar to the Tards. You get to their QB, who likes to stay in the pocket, you have a good chance of winning the game...if you don't, he can burn us!!!!!

Agreed. On defense, our strength is against the run but our weak point is the pass.

Our offense has got to show up because the defense will be pressured. As i've said before, if our offense can't get it started against the Texans, then we never will.

-9fA
  • B650
  • Veteran
I think we need to play aggressive early on. Houston seems to struggle early, then turn it up a notch in the 2nd half and put up points. If we put up some points early, we can change the game a bit and play more aggressive defensively (and hopefully make them one-dimensional).
I saw that it was announced that crabtree would be starting on sunday. I instantly didn't like the idea. I thought he should play, but in a limited role. Getting him some snaps is good, but he is a hold out rookie who missed training camp and has had no real time to build a repoire with his qb. That said, its going to be interesting to see how this plays out.
We have a shot as long as we keep the QB off his back and open some running lanes.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
We have a shot as long as we keep the QB off his back and open some running lanes.

I agree the o-line is gonna have to play well!

ooo nvm
[ Edited by RonMexico on Oct 20, 2009 at 7:19 PM ]

The fate of the season pretty much hinges on improved performance by a shuffled offensive line . . . . no pressure guys.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

The fate of the season pretty much hinges on improved performance by a shuffled offensive line . . . . no pressure guys.

It could be worse. You guys could have the seahawks o-line. Last week we started our 4th string LT, 2nd string LG, 1st string center, rookie RG, and 2nd string RT. Matt had no time to throw. This week we cut our 4th string LT and in his place Damian Mcintosh will start. A KC training camp cut whos nickname is sackintosh. So like I said, it could be worse.
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:

It could be worse. You guys could have the seahawks o-line. Last week we started our 4th string LT, 2nd string LG, 1st string center, rookie RG, and 2nd string RT. Matt had no time to throw. This week we cut our 4th string LT and in his place Damian Mcintosh will start. A KC training camp cut whos nickname is sackintosh. So like I said, it could be worse.

our o-line is about the same skill-wise other than LT.
LG = 2nd string (even tho he's "1st string" on this team)
C= starter; same
RG = rookie (Chilo is basically a rookie still, now it's about to be a 2nd stringer)
RT = 2nd string (even though it's supposed to be a "1st stringer")
god our o-line is awful

but yea... that sucks man.
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:

Thanks for some perspective that some lack.

Share 49ersWebzone