There are 148 users in the forums

Mike Johnson OC

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by backontop:
I like what MJ is doing as the OC. I hope the next HC doesn't give him the boot and bring in someone brand new.

Not sure he is doing so very much different

the playcalling is like night and day from when Raye was the OC. The plays are becoming more creative and less predictable. It isn't 100% perfect but I will take it over what it used to be.
I like what MJ is doing as the OC. I hope the next HC doesn't give him the boot and bring in someone brand new.

the playcalling is like night and day from when Raye was the OC. The plays are becoming more creative and less predictable. It isn't 100% perfect but I will take it over what it used to be.

Read this article for some examples of the changes that have been made.
Originally posted by PTulini:

Read this article for some examples of the changes that have been made.

Mike Johnson needs to stay no matter who the HC is next year.

You serious?

LB
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leebert81:

You serious?

LB

Yahoo Serious?

You have to give credit where it is due, and Mike Johnson has been a pretty effective coordinator. I have no doubt that when Singletary is fired, Johnson will land on his feet somewhere else.

This.
Agree with you guys.

This cat is showing some skills before our very eyes with each week encompassing a new wrinkle on Raye's offense. Can you imagine if you gave him time to create a playbook catering to our offensive strengths rather than trying to fit a round peg in square hole?

I know he likes the spread, but I bet he would be a crafty devil with incorporating the Spread, WCO AND Air-Coryell elements all together. If anyone could do it, I bet he could.

What he's doing right now with Raye's offense is very impressive, indeed.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Agree with you guys.

This cat is showing some skills before our very eyes with each week encompassing a new wrinkle on Raye's offense. Can you imagine if you gave him time to create a playbook catering to our offensive strengths rather than trying to fit a round peg in square hole?

I know he likes the spread, but I bet he would be a crafty devil with incorporating the Spread, WCO AND Air-Coryell elements all together. If anyone could do it, I bet he could.

I think what he's doing more is fitting a square peg into a round hole and each week, that square adds another side going from a square to a pentagon to a hexagon to an octagon, to a decagon to a...

....slowly forming into a round peg.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Agree with you guys.

I think what he's doing more is fitting a square peg into a round hole and each week, that square adds another side going from a square to a pentagon to a hexagon to an octagon, to a decagon to a...

....slowly forming into a round peg.

Who taught you octagon! -Chris Rock

What's interesting is that the receivers are super excited on just about every 20+ yard play. Once these plays become more routine and the offense has established itself, they will be less surprised by these plays and begin talking more on the sidelines about how they can insert more looks or slightly adjust a route here and there in-game!!!

Finally, they will begin to look at details more.
I hope we continue to win. This way, Mike Johnson can ensure that he has more time to fix this offense how he envisions it. I wonder what he could do with a full offseason to work?

I hope we continue to win. This way, Mike Johnson can ensure that he has more time to fix this offense how he envisions it. I wonder what he could do with a full offseason to work?

I think that definitely be interesting. I'm not sure he gets the chance, though. The only way he stays on is if Singletary stays as HC. At this point, is there really anybody that thinks that's going to happen?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I think that definitely be interesting. I'm not sure he gets the chance, though. The only way he stays on is if Singletary stays as HC. At this point, is there really anybody that thinks that's going to happen?

I agree, but anything is possible.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I agree, but anything is possible.

Indeed. I wouldn't be surprised at all if everybody stayed on. It sounds like something we'd do.
Share 49ersWebzone