There are 142 users in the forums

A. Franklin... how do you rate him?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If you had to grade A.Franklin on a scale from 1 to 5, with 5 being Pro-Bowl caliber nose tackle.... what grade would you give him?

And what do you think his strengths and/or weakness are as a player on the nose?
I would say a "3" but for his name, so "2.5"
  • RowdyRaza
  • Info N/A
i give him a 3 i feel he's just average.
He seems to be a scab not the presence thats needed up front for a 3-4....
My personal opinion is a 2.5 on the grade scale.

I also dont believe our defense can be a top 10 defense with Franklin at the nose. He simply is not a beastly nose tackle.

Maybe next season we can trade him to Nolan in Denver, afterall it was Nolan who thinks so highly of him and brought him here.

I think Franklin is nothing more than a solid rotational player.

Still can't believe the 9ers draft after draft, keep ignoring the nose tackle position and Pass Rush position.
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
You should just make a poll with this topic. I'll give him a 2.5. Hopefully he sways my opinion of him early this season.
I give him a 1 as he is unworthy of double teams... gets pancaked when he is doubled... and offers next to nothing to assist in our pass rush. In the second half of the season, he moved up to a 1.5 or 2. Franklin is still a below average starter, and I see very little possibility for much improvement.
you guys are over rating him.....hes a 1
Originally posted by jon_aztecs12:
you guys are over rating him.....hes a 1

he's done his job average. he's just not built for the kind of defense we want to deploy as we try to get to speed to the san diego style 3-4 defense. he was here for nolan's defense, and he did quite well
He's keeping Balmer's spot warm.

he's a good bench NT
He would be a 3, but could be upgraded for sure. Hopefully Balmer or RJF can take over for him
Originally posted by BigMar:
My personal opinion is a 2.5 on the grade scale.

I also dont believe our defense can be a top 10 defense with Franklin at the nose. He simply is not a beastly nose tackle.

Maybe next season we can trade him to Nolan in Denver, afterall it was Nolan who thinks so highly of him and brought him here.

I think Franklin is nothing more than a solid rotational player.

Still can't believe the 9ers draft after draft, keep ignoring the nose tackle position and Pass Rush position.

Well in the last half of the season, after we switched to the simplified 3-4 and Franklin was penetrating instead of 2 gapping, we were ranked 7th I believe. So seems like it's possible.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I will put my head on the chopping block.

I give Aubrayo Franklin a solid three, and expect him to move up this year.

Takeo Spikes, Jeff Ulbrich, and Patrick Willis (and they all play behind Franklin) have spoken well of him over the last year.

There, my head is on the block. Have fun with it!!
Originally posted by buck:
I will put my head on the chopping block.

I give Aubrayo Franklin a solid three, and expect him to move up this year.

Takeo Spikes, Jeff Ulbrich, and Patrick Willis (and they all play behind Franklin) have spoken well of him over the last year.

There, my head is on the block. Have fun with it!!

Share 49ersWebzone