LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Surprise, Surprise. Vernon got in another fight

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
This was from Barrows' blog:

Quote:
During passing drills, Nate Clements knocked the ball out of Vernon Davis' hands for the second straight practice. This time, Davis recovered. ... Speaking of Davis, Frank Gore said he spoke with Davis after the tight end's practice scuffle Thursday forced the team to run gassers. "I told him it was his fourth year now and it shouldn't be him (fighting) now." Gore said he might expect a rookie to lose his cool. "It's his fourth year now. It's time ... it's time for him to be a man."

I love Gore!

Not that I am really mad at Vernon for fighting or anything, but it is cool to read that the players are keeping each other in check.

I agree.
maybe its the whole offense vrs defense idea.He wants his side to win every play and holding by the defense took him over the edge a bit.kind of like it if controlled like I know MS will do.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
This was from Barrows' blog:

Quote:
During passing drills, Nate Clements knocked the ball out of Vernon Davis' hands for the second straight practice. This time, Davis recovered. ... Speaking of Davis, Frank Gore said he spoke with Davis after the tight end's practice scuffle Thursday forced the team to run gassers. "I told him it was his fourth year now and it shouldn't be him (fighting) now." Gore said he might expect a rookie to lose his cool. "It's his fourth year now. It's time ... it's time for him to be a man."

I love Gore!

Not that I am really mad at Vernon for fighting or anything, but it is cool to read that the players are keeping each other in check.

I agree.

Second that. It's cool to see Gore take on a leadership role. I know he doesn't seem like the best speaker, but he obviously has everyone's respect including Vernon's.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFan:
You have men physically going after each other, play after play, and day after day, so it's bound to happen. Vernon just happens to be a guy who has a nasty side to him, and ends up in more tilts than others. It's not a bad thing that he has fight in him, hell, he starts each play off on the line...

The important thing is Singletary continues to address the issue with him. I would be willing to bet he doesn't want Vernon to lose that fighter mentality, but would rather just see him focus it on the bigger picture. He'll begin to develop that discipline with coaching and maturity.

Not quite sure what this fighter mentality you talk about has to do with the 49ers.

Singletary has made it perfectly clear that he wants Davis to stop fighting. MS thinks fighting is a waste of time, enegry, and focus.

I imagine that he wants Davis to focus on football--to develop a football mentality.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
yea, it happens. Probably a little more-so with him because he's got a big mouth. I got into a few pretty good scuffles in JC football. One time, I swung a dude off his feet by his facemask. And I'm a chill dude, so it happens.

At C.O.D Syber?
Share 49ersWebzone