LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

What year did you become a 49er fan?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What year did you become a 49er fan?

• BobS
  • Veteran
I think a lot of people's responses on best all time players, teams etc,etc are biased toward what they have actually seen live at games or on TV and not what they have
seen on NFL films or other places that show things from the past. My estimate is most
people will fall in the last two ranges. I have been a fan since early 70's.

[ Edited by BobS on Aug 6, 2009 at 07:41:20 ]
  • 49erTone
  • Info N/A
Cant say it was a specific moment because I was born to be a 49ers fan. Thats how my dad raised me and how my grandpa raised him so I guess it would be since birth. My dad taught me Niner instead of dada for my first word. I remember playing with the football pretending to be Young and Rice beating the Cowboys when I was really little. So since birth
It was 1985 - I started playing football and saw Joe absolutely dismantle Dan Marino...

YES!!!

Can't wait for the season to begin
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
I know the exact day. I just don't remember it much though. April 26, 1985. The day I was born. I got a picture of me getting a Budweiser out of the fridge for my grandpa in my 49er pajamas during a super bowl. I'm a third generation 49er fan and if my kids don’t like them, then I will just drop them off in a third world country so Angelina Jolie can pick them up.

P.S.

I put this through my spell checker on Word and realized they corrected Budweiser.

[ Edited by Nabisko on Aug 6, 2009 at 03:27:20 ]
Since 1964 when I won a team autographed football at a game and then got absolutely spoiled during the 80's. You always expected the team to win back then.
The year was 1984 BABY! How much fun were the 80's when you you didn't wonder if the team would win, just how much they would win by. Truly great football during those years. I guess that is what the PATS fans must feel like at this time. Those of you who recently became fans 2000-present, I feel for you guys. However, I feel a change is on the horizon. Coach SING, has the choir tunning up their voices and it won't be long before I will declare, "WE'RE BACK".

GO NINERS!!!!!!!

I became a fan of Montana first and then the team... It was a slow boil over the 83 and 84 seasons. As a kid football didn't catch me like cartoons did lol. But man there was no denying Montana's greatness! Learning more about him and trying to find him on TV made me a fan and by 1986 I was a Total Raging 9er Loon!!! The organization and even the fans were first class. For those of you who missed them - The good ol days were THE BEST!!!

Dirty
Mid 70's
1960s. Who remembers John David Crow?
1964. I was 12. Kinda followed them before that, but it was so casual it doesn't count. The old Kezar days!

1978ish.

Around 4 years old I started getting into sports enough to have "favorite teams" even though I didn't quite know enough to really get certain things.

I just picked the red teams. The Niners in football and Phillies in baseball. Why it wasn't the Reds and Redskins or some other red teams, I'll never know.

But then, as I got to know the teams, I grew to love Joe Montana and Mike Schmidt. And the rest, as they say, is history.
I was born in 1965 to a 49er faithful household. I guess I have been a fan my whole life. Even as a baby, I got 49er related gifts.
Originally posted by 49erTone:
Cant say it was a specific moment because I was born to be a 49ers fan. Thats how my dad raised me and how my grandpa raised him so I guess it would be since birth. My dad taught me Niner instead of dada for my first word. I remember playing with the football pretending to be Young and Rice beating the Cowboys when I was really little. So since birth

You Daddy raised you right!!!

Get em' while they are young and impressionable I always say.
The '93-'94 season in which we beat the sh*t out of the Chargers. It's the first Superbowl I can remember watching.
i became a fan on Jan 28 1990. first football game i sat down and actually watched the whole thing with out getting up. i was 6 years old.
Share 49ersWebzone