LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 189 users in the forums

The Media is Creating an Anti-Crabtree Climate

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo63:
Crabtree is creating an anti-Crabtree climate.

I agree. Nick you're my boy but i gotta take the other side with this. Guys like Florio have no reason to call a diva a diva unless they really belive he is. Im not saying he is but you gotta admit everything coming out from him since college has had some kinda divaish tendencies. I recently read an interview where he referred to himself in the third person. lol. it made me laugh but other people gonna read that as mad egotistical. And you gotta admit holdouts havent exacly been synonymous with "humble, team guys". I mean hell look at Anquan Boldin. Guys the ultimate team player. yet he talks a bit about the contract and even his fans are tellin him to shut up and play.

Crabtree should cut that dumbass mistake of an agent parker loose. but its too late now. if he switches agents he needs to wait i think 15 days before his new agent can make any deals. so for now were going to a staring contest. Smart money is on the niners when youve got recievers who go 7 deep its easy as hell notto blink .

till then enjoy Jones, Morgan and Ziegler. Watch outwhen Hill comes back too im willing to guess a huge slot role for him.
Anyway, back to the subject at hand...

Seeing as there are a lot of unsigned 1st round picks this years, it seems to me that there's a lot of GREEDY kids in this year's draft.

If they really want to play football, they need to call their agents and tell them, "get it done NOW, quit screwing around, and get me in camp!"

Our boy is talented, but really, only 2 years of school and hasn't caught an NFL pass yet. This holdout does make him and his agent look extremely greedy, and making us hate him before he even shows us what he can do. Hopefully when it's all done and he does sign, he'll show up with a good attitude and work ethic so the fans (and coaches) will have a short memory in his favor.
How many of those other unsigned picks missed ALL of their offseason work because they were injured?

How many of them were supposedly on the verge of tears when they were told they couldn't work out? Crabs put on a good show about wanting to practice and play, yet he isn't signed? I agree, Crabs and his agent are the only ones responsible for the anti-Crabtree atmosphere.

One more thing. How many of those other un-signed picks were injured and couldn't even provide a 40-time? If Crabtree didn't want his draft stock to drop, he SHOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN INJURED! Before anyone flames that, duh...obviously something he had no control over. But my point is HE still CHOSE to declare for the draft knowing he was injured. He could have just gone back to school, rehabbed and had another phenominal year next year, and declared next season.

But no, he wanted the money now. His decision - he should deal with it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
More than half of the 1st round is still not signed. If Crabtree is the last one to sign then I'll be pissed and concerned.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
f**k Florio

and all his negative ass posts.

God I hate Mike Florio.

He is on the list with Skip Bayless, Jim Rome, and Michael Clayton (I just want to punch that guy in the face)
We finally have some talent at WR right now so it's easy for me to take Singletary's relaxed approach about Crabtree's absence. When he gets it done and gets to camp I will be just as curious to see what talent the kid brings to the team , I might just have to wait a little longer to see it that's all.
Originally posted by Youngone:
f**k Florio

God I hate Mike Florio.

He is on the list with Skip Bayless, Jim Rome, and Michael Clayton (I just want to punch that guy in the face)

why? Florio is one of the few actual sports journalists around. hes got a goofy side sure but in terms of journalism his list of accomplishments is pretty impressive aside from the "Terry Bradshaw incident". He was the one of the first to bring Vick's brutal crimes forward. He was the one who pushed hard on the Burress case. First few to break and give attention to Big Ben sexual harrasment case. i men other major news outlets had to give it attention.

hell he called out the major news outlets for skipping on many many issues. hes called out tons of players specially the dumbasses around the league (Favre, Ocho Cinco, TO, Vick). He brings attention to stuff like just how shockingly common it is for NFL players to get in trouble with the law wit his "Arrest counter". The max was 28 days without an arrest past two years BTW.

Guy is great. opinionated abit but a real good sports jornalist.
First off the post was well written and has some good points. Here is my personal opinion on it though...
The problem that is created when a rookie holds out, especially a skill position, is that in the end he will more than likely get the money he wanted. Then he finally comes to camp. The after effect is that his hold out puts him so far behind the learning curve with reps and playbook, that the organization really loses that year they paid so high for. He comes in so far behind it takes unitl the second year for him to have the impact he could have had. Guys like DeSean Jackson and Eddie Royal had pretty decent rookie years and had a positive influence on the offense because he was involved and knew his role. Is it his full potential no, but they got something for their money. If Crabtree conitnues to hold out, he falls so far on the depth chart that his rookie year can end up being a waste. I wish he would sign and get to camp to learn. That is why they should structure the rookies salary. So the organization is protected.

Do I blame him, no. The NFL has fostered an environment where rookies hold teams hostage and some dont even want to pick in the top ten.

Go 9ers!
I am not upset with crabtree. Business is business. Eventually he will sign and hopefully he brings something to the table.
Mike Florio is a jack-ss he is constantly ripping the niners.

Im not upset. My thinking is we don't need him right away. He can sit this whole year, for all i care. He will sign eventually.

Media is just doing their job!
Blaming the media is right there with pulling the race card these days.
Originally posted by fister30:
I am not upset with crabtree. Business is business. Eventually he will sign and hopefully he brings something to the table.

Yeah business is business ------ and he is well behind the learning curve so far. I wasn't expecting him to have a great impact early anyway. The great thing is that WR's like Morgan and Jones are getting plenty of reps in pads and we finally have a nice talented WR group.

The media can stir up the pot till their arms are tired ------ no hate here it's business.

[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Aug 4, 2009 at 08:07:45 ]
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
Originally posted by fister30:

Yeah business is business ------ and he is well behind the learning curve so far. I wasn't expecting him to have a great impact early anyway. The great thing is that WR's like Morgan and Jones are getting plenty of reps in pads and we finally have a nice talented WR group.

The media can stir up the pot till their arms are tired ------ no hate here it's business.

Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by Youngone:
f**k Florio

God I hate Mike Florio.

why? Florio is one of the few actual sports journalists around. hes got a goofy side sure but in terms of journalism his list of accomplishments is pretty impressive aside from the "Terry Bradshaw incident". He was the one of the first to bring Vick's brutal crimes forward. He was the one who pushed hard on the Burress case. First few to break and give attention to Big Ben sexual harrasment case. i men other major news outlets had to give it attention.

hell he called out the major news outlets for skipping on many many issues. hes called out tons of players specially the dumbasses around the league (Favre, Ocho Cinco, TO, Vick). He brings attention to stuff like just how shockingly common it is for NFL players to get in trouble with the law wit his "Arrest counter". The max was 28 days without an arrest past two years BTW.

Guy is great. opinionated abit but a real good sports jornalist.

I agree he does break news stories and calls people out. But the way he refers to himself in the "We" and the way he conducts himself and writes makes him a complete D-Bag in my mind. I like his site....don't get me wrong but the guy is a tool. I can't stand to see him on TV either. Yes he does call people out but that is all the former lawyer enjoys is controversy and "turds". He reports twitter news.....pretty much his sources don't have to be credible. Just not a guy I would want to meet....or watch on TV. All the guy cares about is Favre, Vick, and Legal controversy in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone