There are 201 users in the forums

The Media is Creating an Anti-Crabtree Climate

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i agree

just sit back, relaxxxxxxx
uuuhhhh...Crabtree is creating an "anti Crabtree" climate

Crabtree sounds very familiar to the "soldier" himself Kellen Winslow who wanted to be paid equal to the first pick.
Originally posted by bigwads:
uuuhhhh...Crabtree is creating an "anti Crabtree" climate

Crabtree sounds very familiar to the "soldier" himself Kellen Winslow who wanted to be paid equal to the first pick.

agent
As long as he gets signed before preseason its algood. He would be a fool to pull a jamarcus russell!

Imo

Gettin paid is one thing greed is another!

Has to show the love for the team, fans, and the city who drafted em
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:

So all I'm saying is we should follow Singletary's lead. Why let this upset us? It does absolutely no good to get angry about an issue we don't have a lot of information on and that we have no control over. People on this board are blaming Crabs, the agent, the 49ers... we have no idea what is REALLY going on except that both parties involved are looking out for their best interests.

So when Crabs gets to camp, he gets to camp, and we should all just try to ignore PFT's constant negative attention to what has so far amounted to a guy just missing a few practices.

Let's all just be patient, root for Josh Morgan getting an increased amount of reps, and welcome Crabtree when he finally joins the team. Getting angry with the guy isn't going to help anyone. Go Niners.

(Removed)

Okay...first, you realize that the statement that "Why let this upset us? It does absolutely no good to get angry about an issue we don't have a lot of information on and that we have no control over," applies to just about everything with the 49ers. No one here has any control over who wins the QB battle, who is drafted, who is signed as a FA, who starts, who gets cut, etc. By your logic for Crabtree, fans shouldn't get upset about anything. They don't have the best info and have no control over the decisions made by the organization. Clearly, that' not what fans do, even when teams are winning, much less when they're going through a rough stretch.

Second, its not PFT just talking out of hand, all media outlets are linking Crabtree to the slower than recent years signing of 1st round picks. MM and MB have reported the same thing. At the same time, we are yet to see any other explanation from anyone or anyone, including Eugene Parker, denying the story. At the end of the day, Crabtree is the client and Parker works for Crabtree. If/when Crabtree wants to sign for the position he was drafted, he'll get signed. Until then, fans should be upset because each day and practice lost makes it harder for Crabtree to make a contribution early on this year.

If you think fans are upset now, wait until its week 10 and Crabtree has 15 catches for 180 yards due in large part because he missed too much of the off-season program with his foot injury and then TC with his holdout.
Originally posted by billybonka:
agreed.

love how you snuck that last thing with Alex in there.

newsflash: he was dismal way before his BFF off'd himself bro, sorry.

Billy, I think you and I are destined to have a love/hate relationship like I had with NolanHasAPlan before he was banned. Take care buddy.

he was banned? Why? I miss that guy he made so many excuses for nolan... Haha good times
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
On KNBR with Tom Tolbert this afternoon, Maiocco went as far to suggest that Crabtree would be better off if he sent Parker down the road if this lasts too much longer . . . because he won't get Top 5 $$ . . . or even more than Heyward-Bey. I think Matt, Florio and others are calling it like they see it and if that creates an anti-Crabtree sentiment so be it. The Crabtree camp is defending the low-ground on this one.

yea i gotta say i agree here. he needs to fire eugene parker asap if this goes into preseason.
didnt read a sentence of the post, but for the Subject, i give you
Please stop calling him "Crabs"
not that global warming tripe again.

Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
Please stop calling him "Crabs"

I agree. It's bad enough we have VD on the team, throw in Crabs and you have one bad social infection.
I am anti Crabtree till he signs and produces.
Originally posted by kem99:

So all I'm saying is we should follow Singletary's lead. Why let this upset us? It does absolutely no good to get angry about an issue we don't have a lot of information on and that we have no control over. People on this board are blaming Crabs, the agent, the 49ers... we have no idea what is REALLY going on except that both parties involved are looking out for their best interests.

So when Crabs gets to camp, he gets to camp, and we should all just try to ignore PFT's constant negative attention to what has so far amounted to a guy just missing a few practices.

Let's all just be patient, root for Josh Morgan getting an increased amount of reps, and welcome Crabtree when he finally joins the team. Getting angry with the guy isn't going to help anyone. Go Niners.

(Removed)

Okay...first, you realize that the statement that "Why let this upset us? It does absolutely no good to get angry about an issue we don't have a lot of information on and that we have no control over," applies to just about everything with the 49ers. No one here has any control over who wins the QB battle, who is drafted, who is signed as a FA, who starts, who gets cut, etc. By your logic for Crabtree, fans shouldn't get upset about anything. They don't have the best info and have no control over the decisions made by the organization. Clearly, that' not what fans do, even when teams are winning, much less when they're going through a rough stretch.

Second, its not PFT just talking out of hand, all media outlets are linking Crabtree to the slower than recent years signing of 1st round picks. MM and MB have reported the same thing. At the same time, we are yet to see any other explanation from anyone or anyone, including Eugene Parker, denying the story. At the end of the day, Crabtree is the client and Parker works for Crabtree. If/when Crabtree wants to sign for the position he was drafted, he'll get signed. Until then, fans should be upset because each day and practice lost makes it harder for Crabtree to make a contribution early on this year.

If you think fans are upset now, wait until its week 10 and Crabtree has 15 catches for 180 yards due in large part because he missed too much of the off-season program with his foot injury and then TC with his holdout.

What he said
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Crabtree is creating an anti-Crabtree climate.
What!?!?! The mainstream media is picking sides, and as such, ignoring facts and printing half truths to sway an opinion!?!?! NAH!! That NEVER happens!
ESPECIALLY when it comes to politics and celebrities!
Share 49ersWebzone