There are 270 users in the forums

Singletary held out 1 week of His Rookie Year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Niners coach Mike Singletary can relate to what's happening with Michael Crabtree, the 49ers' first-round pick who remains unsigned.

After all, Singletary said he held out for about a week before signing his rookie deal with the Bears in 1981. He was a second-round pick who felt he should've been selected in the first round, he said.

Then, Singletary said he was out for about three weeks of training camp prior to his fifth NFL season. He ended up playing all 16 games as the Bears won the Super Bowl. He said he was ready to sit out all of training camp.

So Singletary said he'll just focus on the players who have arrived in camp. And, let's not forget, while the 49ers and Crabtree do not appear to be close to a contract agreement, the 49ers' first practice is still four days away.

press dem

[ Edited by global_nomad on Jul 28, 2009 at 18:40:39 ]
If camp is 4 days away, then i'm not so worried about signing him.

I say that we try to sign him for what a 10th pick is worth, but if his agent still sticks by his point of signing him to top 5 money, then I say sign the dude.

its not like any of us zoners has to pay him...
Hmmm....two weeks?
Originally posted by niner4life21:

I say that we try to sign him for what a 10th pick is worth, but if his agent still sticks by his point of signing him to top 5 money, then I say sign the dude.

Im going to have to disagree with that one. The reality is if you want top 5 money, you need to be picked in the first 5 picks.

I mean, he wasnt even the first WR selected.

Crabtree needs to man up, take what there giving him for the #10 spot, and prove to us and the rest of the NFL that he deserves elite WR money.
Originally posted by Ninersdeep:

Im going to have to disagree with that one. The reality is if you want top 5 money, you need to be picked in the first 5 picks.

I mean, he wasnt even the first WR selected.

Crabtree needs to man up, take what there giving him for the #10 spot, and prove to us and the rest of the NFL that he deserves elite WR money.

This kinda s**t happens from time to time. Even Singeltary wanted more money because he thought he should have been a first rounder.

And like I said, its not like any of us are paying him money. Even if his contract is top 5 worth, it won't affect our cap drastically.
Did Aaron Rodgers ask for number 1 pick money?
Originally posted by global_nomad:

yeah, but he went all the way to NUMBER 24......

Crabs is still in the top 10....
Originally posted by global_nomad:

yeah, but he went all the way to NUMBER 24......

Crabs is still in the top 10....

I know but the whole "hypothetical" slotting doesn't make sense. Players slide, and move up for different reasons every year, every round. Does Parker have evidence this has every happened before?

[ Edited by global_nomad on Jul 28, 2009 at 18:50:17 ]
Share 49ersWebzone