LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Which play did Nate get burnt on worse?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by montereyjack415:
T.O's play probably, but were was Roman on both of those plays hmmm?

No, no, no, go back to the full game play by play.
You can point to nate getting burnt with no pass rush. But what about the other stuff he does that no corner do. He goes up to the line of scrimmage and takes out blockers. He sticks running backs, and he lays the wood on tight ends. Was it buffalo or New york that he laid out that one tight end? Nate is a complete corner. He does everything. I never seen him avoid a blocker. I always see Him where the ball is. He's not shook to go head up like these other little b***h corners are. What about when we played carolina? Steve Smith was getting punked on by Nate and he didn't have nothing for yards and STeve smith is a top 5 Receiver. What about the fumbles Nate creates? LIke when he stuck torry hold after he snagged that long ball. Funny how no one mentions all that stuff.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
eazy TO. he rapes us analy everytime he faces us yet we got rid of him.
Originally posted by FriscoKid220:
You can point to nate getting burnt with no pass rush. But what about the other stuff he does that no corner do. He goes up to the line of scrimmage and takes out blockers. He sticks running backs, and he lays the wood on tight ends. Was it buffalo or New york that he laid out that one tight end? Nate is a complete corner. He does everything. I never seen him avoid a blocker. I always see Him where the ball is. He's not shook to go head up like these other little b***h corners are. What about when we played carolina? Steve Smith was getting punked on by Nate and he didn't have nothing for yards and STeve smith is a top 5 Receiver. What about the fumbles Nate creates? LIke when he stuck torry hold after he snagged that long ball. Funny how no one mentions all that stuff.

Dude... i agree... as the originator of this post... in no way was I talkin smack about Nate... He's a beast! I love the guy. Even the best of corners get beat from time to time... especially with no Pass Rush and Safety help...

I was just trying to get a gauge of which play everyone thought he got toasted worse on... that's all
The Patriots game!! I remember being away from my seat to go get more beer and being all ecstatic about us beating them so far and coming back as this play was happening!! That hurt cause we were talking s**t to the Pats fans from the moment we showed up with our taco stand at 8AM til this play... Non-stop!
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Keith Lewis (I think it was?) was the player that got Nate Clements burned. If you watch, Nate wasn't already running after TO as if he got burned on the fly route, he expected Safety help to be with TO, and only chased after he realized Keith Lewis sucked.
[ Edited by Ether on Jul 21, 2009 at 3:27 PM ]
Woah hold on, the Moss TD was Harris' fault, he blew the coverage, TO yeah that's another story, but let's get something straight the Moss TD was Harris' fault, Nate even picked off Moss later in the game, even though Nolan had Nate like 10 yards off of Moss the rest of the game.
Originally posted by Ether:
Keith Lewis (I think it was?) was the player that got Nate Clements burned. If you watch, Nate wasn't already running after TO as if he got burned on the fly route, he expected Safety help to be with TO, and only chased after he realized Keith Lewis sucked.

This is what Barrows said about that TD. "Nate Clements. 6-0, 205. When the receiver you are primarily responsible for covering goes for 213 yards and a touchdown, it doesn't make you look very good. When that receiver is Terrell Owens and every eyeball in the sports world is watching, you really suffer. Such was Nate Clements' experience during a Week 12 game in Irving, Texas last season. Clements, the team's $80 million man, was roundly criticized in the media following that game. Afterward, his coaches and teammates defended him, arguing that Owens' monster game wasn't Clements' fault. Indeed, safety Keith Lewis had deep coverage on Owens' 75-yard touchdown catch in the second quarter, and he didn't show up in time. Lewis is no longer on the squad ..."
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by montereyjack415:
T.O's play probably, but were was Roman on both of those plays hmmm?

No, no, no, go back to the full game play by play.

i might have said moss but i think that was walts man. if you look moss and 1 more reciever line up in front of nate and walt. and walt was directly in front of moss
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
The T.O. touchdown was on Keith Lewis more than Nate Clements. Randy Moss' touchdown was on Mike Nolan for playing Nate off the line against a lanky speedster. I don't know what Mike Nolan was doing with that defense.

Fortunately for me, I live in Wyoming which has a ton of Broncos fans. I am going to enjoy talking trash to everyone I know who likes them.

Share 49ersWebzone