LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Joe's Final 49er Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was there.I'm telling you guys when Siefert pulled Steve and brought Joe in, and THEN he drove for two TDs, we were going, "now what, Joe is gonna be gone and all we got is this helter skelter guy Steve?" We had a lot of Monday Night games back in the day.

IMO; anyone who thinks Steve was as good as Joe, well.. it aint so.

Remember at the time, Steve had still not settled down all the the way yet. We called him Mr. Chaos for a few years, you could feel the energy in the Stick change when he came out. Completely diff from Joe Cool.

Sighh what a great time those years were..
Now it's Hill and Smith.. nuff said..
NINERS 2009 !!!!!!
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Jul 17, 2009 at 7:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
I was there.I'm telling you guys are Siefert pulled Steve and brought Joe in, and THEN he drove for two TDs, we were going, "now what, Joe gonna be gone and all we got is this helter skelter guy Steve?" We had a lot of Monday Night games back in the day.

Remember at the time, Steve had still not settled down all the the way yet. We called him Mr. Chaos for a few years, you could feel the energy in the Stick change when he came out. Completely diff from Joe Cool.

NINERS 2009 !!!!!!

That is why I dont complain bc it can always be worse. Always be thankful when you have a great thing.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
I was there.I'm telling you guys are Siefert pulled Steve and brought Joe in, and THEN he drove for two TDs, we were going, "now what, Joe gonna be gone and all we got is this helter skelter guy Steve?" We had a lot of Monday Night games back in the day.

NINERS 2009 !!!!!!

That is why I dont complain bc it can always be worse. Always be thankful when you have a great thing.

True ------!
was it just me or did steve young have the oh s**t face when montana came off the field
I was at this game as well.

Holy smokes, friggin chills the entire video. I remember every single one of those like it was yesterday.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jul 17, 2009 at 7:58 PM ]
Originally posted by LB49ers:
was it just me or did steve young have the oh s**t face when montana came off the field

Mega shock more like it bro! He's like pouting or something.. fanny man!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Holy smokes, friggin chills the entire video. I remember every single one of those like it was yesterday.

We are arguably the luckiest fans of any team, ever.

We got to witness 5 Superbowl victories
How many consecutive years of winning seasons, 15, 16?

Joe Montana greatest QB ever
Jerry Rice greatest Receiver ever
Ronnie Lott greatest Safety ever
Steve Young HOF'er
Fred Dean HOF'er
Bill Walsh HOF'er

And how many other greats on the same teams with these guys? Wow...just wow...it is really amazing to think about.

I feel like I'm watching "home movies", rather than "highlights."

Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

Steve Young HOF'er
Fred Dean HOF'er
Bill Walsh HOF'er

And how many other greats on the same teams with these guys? Wow...just wow...it is really amazing to think about.

Originally posted by D_Niner:
Man, I remember that game. Great find...

I second that!!
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

Steve Young HOF'er
Fred Dean HOF'er
Bill Walsh HOF'er

......... and now we're forced to watch the garbage thats been put on display for the past few seasons. What a crock of sh*t.

Oh, and I'm sure you meant - Bill Walsh - greatest coach ever!

Didn't you?

[ Edited by P-52ENFORCER on Jul 18, 2009 at 5:12 AM ]
Originally posted by CRH49:
Originally posted by Youngone:
wow......you forget how good he was sometimes

I don't, man. I don't. I remember being amazed on a weekly basis for years and years and I'll never forget.

Me neither, I'll never forget. I think what many of the younger fans that never saw Joe play don't know is that he was a pretty good athlete and could run. You think running quarterback and Steve Young comes to mind, but Montana could move too. Not like Steve, but he could pick up yards.

Joe really revived the running QB concept. Before he came along there hadn't been a runner since Tarkington. Remember the 50+ yrd run he made against Miami in the SB?

Later in his career, after injuries mounted, he didn't run much. But, he knew the offense so well, he didn't need to.

Of all the QBs I've seen, Unitas and Montana were in a league of their own. If it was NASCAR they would have two laps on the rest of the field.
I remember this game very clearly. My favorite play was actually an incomplete pass that Joe threw. He took the snap and faked a pass, pretty much faked everyone on the field out AND the cameraman, nobody knew he still had the ball. Problem is I think he faked Brent Jones out, too, because he overthrew him. This guy was just on a completely different level, watching these highlights just reconfirms his place as the best EVER.
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:

......... and now we're forced to watch the garbage thats been put on display for the past few seasons. What a crock of sh*t.

Who's forcing anyone to watch?
Share 49ersWebzone