LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

"I just made a Bet" thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After watching my friend show off his "Six-Burgh" t-shirt, I made my first bet. It sickens me everytime he mentions the Steelers 6 Super Bowls. I know. If either a) Walsh doesn't reitre or b) we had a running game in between Watters and Hearst, we would have atleast 2 more rings. So, I bet him a 12 pack that we will be in the Playoffs this year. I am ready for this season. This is the deepest group we have had in years and this defense is about ready to take a leap into the top 7 of the league. Lets Go Niners!
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jul 15, 2009 at 4:40 PM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I made the same bet a few months ago but change 12 pack with $100. I'm not even that confident about it but I was tried of hearing the s**t this guy was talking so I put my money where my mouth is...

..God I hope I'm gonna be right.
my girls dad is a hardcore rams fan so we bet on each game the bet is at 200$ a game easy money i say the niners will crush them!
I made a bet with a cowboys fan that the niners would make the playoffs i bet a 30 pack 150 bucks and loser has to wear the opposing teams jersey all day in public.
Damn, I see I'm not toomuch of a betting man! My boy is just cocky as hell because of the 6th ring (I have been rubbing 5 rings in his face for the 10 years prior to their 5th ring). I must say, I am pumped. More than I was in the '07 offseason/pre season. The Norv depature crushed that. I just hope I have 12 more free beers in the fridge in january
Originally posted by 49ersfansince90:
Damn, I see I'm not toomuch of a betting man! My boy is just cocky as hell because of the 6th ring (I have been rubbing 5 rings in his face for the 10 years prior to their 5th ring). I must say, I am pumped. More than I was in the '07 offseason/pre season. The Norv depature crushed that. I just hope I have 12 more free beers in the fridge in january

It's OK, one of their rings belongs to the Seahawks.
After watching my friend show off his "Six-Burgh" t-shirt, I made my first bet. It sickens me everytime he mentions the Steelers 6 Super Bowls. I know. If either a) Walsh doesn't reitre or b) we had a running game in between Watters and Hearst, we would have atleast 2 more rings. So, I bet him a 12 pack that we will be in the Playoffs this year. I am ready for this season. This is the deepest group we have had in years and this defense is about ready to take a leap into the top 7 of the league. Lets Go Niners!

Good bet dude, I promise you, your getting that 12 pack, don't even worry about it.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
With any luck............................................

He'll let you drink it with him.
My bet is with a colleague of mine (a Chargers fan) that Frank Gore will have a better year than LT. "Better Year" meaning that Gore will be ranked higher overall in the RB dept. than LT for the 2010 season. Publication TBD.

We bet knock-off jerseys from ECSELLER.
Originally posted by krizay:
With any luck............................................

He'll let you drink it with him.

• DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Another belongs to the Cardinals.
Originally posted by 23zack80:

That's not what I meant. The Cardinals lost the game on their own. The Seahawks got raped by the refs when they played the Steelers.

I should have said one of Pitt's championships belongs to the refs.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Jul 14, 2009 at 5:48 PM ]
One of my good friends is a Seahawk fan and we bet lunch every year. If I lose, I have to drive from Boise, Idaho to Nampa, Idaho (about 20 minutes) and buy him lunch.

It was awesome to be at the game in Seattle last year when Willis got the pick-6 and I knew I was getting a free lunch when we got back home.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I made a bet with a cowboys fan that the niners would make the playoffs i bet a 30 pack 150 bucks and loser has to wear the opposing teams jersey all day in public.

150 bucks and a 30 pack I can spare. But wearing the opposing teams jersey in public?? I'll have a real tough time with that.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 23zack80:

That's not what I meant. The Cardinals lost the game on their own. The Seahawks got raped by the refs when they played the Steelers.

I should have said one of Pitt's championships belongs to the refs.

Did you forget the 2 illegal blocks on that int return at the end of the half? Any flag there and no 7 points as time would have expired. Pittsburgh should have had 7 less points.
Share 49ersWebzone