LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

If all of our rookies make our 53 man roster

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Crabtree-Coffee-McKillop-Davis-Pascoe-Taylor- Jean Francois plus UDFA Boone and/or Sheets.... there are 9 roster spots that will be taken away from 9 players on last year 53 man roster.

Question: Assuming the above happens, who are the 9 players from last year roster who lose their roster spot to the above new players?
well i can think of 1 player i would not like to come back next season and his name is...... BARRY SIMMS
FTW Mckillop , Jean Francois , alex boon , glen coffey , crabtree will be awesome next year for us
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
FTW Mckillop , Jean Francois , alex boon , glen coffey , crabtree will be awesome next year for us

I like your optimism, but lets get a little reality check.

1. McKillop, will be a back up and special teams player, barring injury to starters.

Jean francois- might not make team, will be PS eligible.

Alex Boone- even if he makes team, will not be active game days, due to Wragee, Snyder more versatile and more experience.

Glen Coffee- RB's can do well as rookies.

Crabtree- coming off injury, adjustment to NFL, uncertain qb situation.
Here is the list of guys most at risk if all the rookies make the team this year:

Crabtree - Battle or Ziegler are at risk
Coffee - His spot as #2 RB won't have an impact because DeShaun Foster is already gone.
McKillop - If he becomes a great special teamer than maybe Ulbrich might be expendable, then again Ulbrich is the ultimate team guy and leader. Mark Washington and Justin Roland are vets that should be worried about making the team. He is the long term partner for P-Willy when Spikes hangs em up.
Davis - See ya, Damon Huard. We barely knew you.....
Pascoe - Takes Billy Bajema's spot because he signed with the Hams
Taylor - Mark Roman should be worried about his spot
Jean-Francois - Ray McDonald better hope he stays healthy.
Boone - See ya, Barry Sims (thank God)
Sheets - Takes Thomas Clayton's spot as the Webzone's favorite practice squad player if he can absorb the playbook.
Some of the guys the new Rookies and UDFA's would replace are already gone.

Crabtree replaces Bryant Johnson
Coffee replaces Foster
McKillop replaces TBD
Davis replaces Martin
Pascoe replaces Bajema
Curtis replaces Strickland
RJF replaces Fields

Sheets will replace Clayton
Boone replaces TBD, maybe Sims
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BigMar:
Crabtree-Coffee-McKillop-Davis-Pascoe-Taylor- Jean Francois plus UDFA Boone and/or Sheets.... there are 9 roster spots that will be taken away from 9 players on last year 53 man roster.

Question: Assuming the above happens, who are the 9 players from last year roster who lose their roster spot to the above new players?

Crabtree replaces Zeigler AND Battle

Coffee has already replaced DeShaun Foster

McKillop may replace Brooks, but we have ample space for him.

Nate Davis lands on the PS - replaces no one; Huard replaced O'Sullivan

Pascoe has already replaced Bajema, who signed with the Rams.

Taylor may replace Strickland, but will most likely land on the PS

Francois may replace McDonald if he is not healthy for the regular season.

Sheets may replace Keasey if Robinson is moved as the FB backup on the roster.
[ Edited by GEEK on Jul 12, 2009 at 7:54 PM ]
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by BigMar:

Crabtree replaces Zeigler AND Battle

Coffee has already replaced DeShaun Foster

McKillop may replace Brooks, but we have ample space for him.

Nate Davis lands on the PS - replaces no one; Huard replaced O'Sullivan

Pascoe has already replaced Bajema, who signed with the Rams.

Taylor may replace Strickland, but will most likely land on the PS

Francois may replace McDonald if he is not healthy for the regular season.

Sheets may replace Keasey if Robinson is moved as the FB backup on the roster.

Crabs replaces Johnson, Jones replaces Battle/Z.
Taylor would replace Hudson(who never really played anyway and Taylor won't play much either), Spencer (back from IR) replaces Strickland.
Does Alex count as eight?
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:

I like your optimism, but lets get a little reality check.

1. McKillop, will be a back up and special teams player, barring injury to starters.

Jean francois- might not make team, will be PS eligible.

Alex Boone- even if he makes team, will not be active game days, due to Wragee, Snyder more versatile and more experience.

Glen Coffee- RB's can do well as rookies.

Crabtree- coming off injury, adjustment to NFL, uncertain qb situation.

his injury is so overplayed. kris carter had the same injury early and if i remember right he was pretty good.

It is not going to happen, unless we suddenly have a serious rash of injuries.

Taylor and Jean-Francois are longshots to make the roster. Sheets and Boone are probably both headed to the practice squad. Nate Davis will more than likely join these four players.

Bear doesn't really have competition for the 3rd TE position (JJ Finley is not going to beat him out), and McKillop is going to be the first in for Spikes. So, these guys seem to have a spot already on the 53-man. The same goes for Coffee and Crabs.

P.S. Can you imagine if Barry Sims makes this roster? Half the board would be standing on top of the Bay Bridge, ready to jump. Suddenly, I'm beginning to like the guy more and more.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jul 13, 2009 at 7:04 AM ]
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
they won't all make the roster
I would'nt be so sure... it appears to be a strong rookie class, and Singletary rookie or no rookie, plays talent when he see's it.
I have Nate Davis as the only rookie who won't make the opening day 53. I believe he'll be IR'd (he'll suffer a mysterious double expulcasion of the media curtailment injury). Curtis Taylor will make it as the fifth safety. RJ Francois will make it because Ray McDonald won't be quite healed by opening day and will go on a short IR list. Kory Sheets will part of a five-man backfield (Gore, Coffee, Robinson, Norris). Also, I have Alex Boone making the team and Cody Wallace going to the Practice Squad. My 53 has 25 offensive players, 24 defensive and 4 special teams.
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on Jul 13, 2009 at 1:50 PM ]
Not going to happen or at least, extremely unlikely. Sheets over Robinson for example is kind of shaky.
Share 49ersWebzone