There are 149 users in the forums

What makes a "TRUE" 49ers fan?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mullintrax:
I consider myself a prety Die hard fan as many on this site do... I check The Zone maybe two three times a day at home(or as my wife says hours a day ) and even more times on my phone.

What i think is funny is that on this site unless you have a bunch of red boxes or you are apperantly lesser of a fan,uneducated and your opinion matters less somehow.

I have been a member for over three years and have less than 400 posts. I don't say much and i don't post smiley faces and s**t just to get a few posts a day.

If you are a member of this site you must be a pretty big fan.......Or why would you post here just to be told your wrong, uninformed, spelled something wrong or forgot a period.

Sorry about the soap box, long day at work last night....If you are ever in Vegas hit me up and I'll by a fellow Niner fan a beer!!!!

Yeah, I'd say the vast majority of us have received the same flamings by the know-it-alls and post nazis. Consider it a rite of passage.

If I'm ever in Vegas I'll take you up on that beer!
  • kray28
  • Veteran
If you're a still a fan after the last five years, I think you qualify as a "true fan".

[ Edited by kray28 on Jun 28, 2009 at 19:02:23 ]
anyone who doesn't invest in a Alex Smith jersey
Who brought up Hostler? God I was doing so well until that tool was brough up. Yeah probably watched close to 90% of those games and I gotta pay 200 bucks for the TV package because I live in Jersey. But when those games got bad had to change the channel to watch a game that was more interesting then lets say the 24-0 beating they took from the 'hawks. I would say your a true fan if you stayed loyal after the 2003 to 2008 seasons
anyone who has stayed a fan throughout the past...9 yrs is a true fan...
Offseason getting a little long for you kids isn't it?

• Hctr
  • Veteran
Originally posted by djb49:
Originally posted by Hctr:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=126184 That was just a joke. I personally think there may be different variations of fans . Some might be called a Die hard fan , The most importance thing to them is there franchise they may be rooting for. They just can't get enough (news or Knowledge of the team) No matter what time of year it is . Some might be the casual fan that may keep up on the team ( just enough to know whats happening with your team). Then there's the dreaded bandwagon fan (or fair weather fan) We all know this kind of fan (there only die hard when the team is winning.) With all this said if you think you have to have blind loyalty to a player , just because he is a niner ( I personally think your wrong .) In my opinion, We can all have opinions on individual players even if you hate or love the player . It's just an opinion on mine or your thoughts. But at the end of the day , Most of us are rooting for the same team , so How can I judge you?

Hctr, I don't know what you mean exactly by saying the bolded line, but my thread wasn't meant to be a joke. I've been a fan of this team my entire life, and though it my 25 years of life may not be long to some, it is to me. My thread wasn't made to point fingers at who is or is not a 49er fan. What I'm tired of are the same stupid arguments people have that get nowhere on here.

If you want to know my opinion, I believe Shaun Hill deserves to start the season. On that note, I'm also someone that is rooting for Alex Smith to become a great quarterback. All I'm saying is that I want the guys out on the field that will help us get wins every Sunday. I don't understand how my thread wasn't clear.

I was glad Bryant Young was a 49er-lifer. I hope Willis and Gore become lifers. I hope we have an exponential number of lifers on this team for years to come.

I believe I am a true 49ers fan. But, can't I say that and believe that everyone else that signed up on this board is one, too? Also, the ones that haven't signed up on here yet buy season tickets, or camp in front of their tv's every Sunday to watch them play are true 49ers fans. There are so many TRUE 49ers fans out there that can't even watch or listen to them play.

It's amazing how one simple comment can be stretched and twisted out of its original context.

Hey bro I'm not saying your thread was a joke , because i actually thought it is a very good topic , I was just implying that me directing him to your thread for my answer. Was the Joke .

[ Edited by Hctr on Jun 28, 2009 at 21:43:53 ]
Originally posted by BobS:
A true fan is someone, like me that still doesn't go out of the house with out my 49er
hat even during 2-14 seasons.

Now this is true, unfortunately my fav niner hat is now pink grey and a color ya could tell use to be gold lol need a new hat b4 start of season
Originally posted by UCSBpv20:
I would say a true fan is someone who wants the team and the players to succeed at all times. The only things that bugs be about some "fans" is when they root against players or the team for some reason.

Usually when there is a player on depth they think will out perform the lack of production, of the starting player who aint producing.
I'm from New Jersey. I've posted and talked about this topic with a lot of members here about this.

I became a fan really young. I was born in '84 and between '87 to '90 I watched the 49ers battle teams like the Giants, Redskins. They would play the Eagles and such. They won the Superbowl in '88 and '89 and my father said he remembered very well me liking the team because of the local teams around Jersey they would play.

I became a fan because of Roger Craig. Seeing his runs and how much he was talked about long side Rice, Montana, Lott..etc.

I like when people call me a front runner. More so I can show them how much time, energy, money, and passion I have put in for a front runner. More so then the homer talking shhhhhhhhh.

I've went into Giants stadium and into Philly to watch my Niners play. On that alone I earned my stripes.

Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by gravelburn:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=126184 That was just a joke. I personally think there may be different variations of fans . Some might be called a Die hard fan , The most importance thing to them is there franchise they may be rooting for. They just can't get enough (news or Knowledge of the team) No matter what time of year it is . Some might be the casual fan that may keep up on the team ( just enough to know whats happening with your team). Then there's the dreaded bandwagon fan (or fair weather fan) We all know this kind of fan (there only die hard when the team is winning.) With all this said if you think you have to have blind loyalty to a player , just because he is a niner ( I personally think your wrong .) In my opinion, We can all have opinions on individual players even if you hate or love the player . It's just an opinion on mine or your thoughts. But at the end of the day , Most of us are rooting for the same team , so How can I judge you?

I agree with this post for the most part. Defining what a true fan is is more or less impossible, because being a fan is different for everyone. But there is one type of "fan" I just don't get, and that's the "fan" who would have the team they root for lose to prove their doomsday scenario right. And maybe that's where I draw the line. The moment you hope bad things on your team, then maybe you're not a fan (and there are a few of these on this forum). Then again, that sort of behavior is so self destructive (to wish ill on the thing you love) that maybe there are more serious issues than whether you are a true fan or not.

A "love/hate" relationship perhaps? haha

I must confess, by the 5th or 6th game of last season the thought of another poorly played win extending Nolan's coaching tenure did not sit well with me. I had had enough of our Nowin situation and wanted him gone.

We all want the niners to whoop ass. Lol last yr rd the same time I got hammered and made the mistake of coming on the zone. I made the f**k you mike nolan thread. Gotta love alcohal ha ha. Everyone was telling me it was the greatest most funniest thread ever, quotes n pm's. I know that aint true, it wasn't a good thread. Everyone was sick of nolan. And sure enough the sad fact of it being true I didn't get not one warning ha ha!
Go singletary
Goniners
Originally posted by djb49:

Hctr, I don't know what you mean exactly by saying the bolded line, but my thread wasn't meant to be a joke. I've been a fan of this team my entire life, and though it my 25 years of life may not be long to some, it is to me. My thread wasn't made to point fingers at who is or is not a 49er fan. What I'm tired of are the same stupid arguments people have that get nowhere on here.

If you want to know my opinion, I believe Shaun Hill deserves to start the season. On that note, I'm also someone that is rooting for Alex Smith to become a great quarterback. All I'm saying is that I want the guys out on the field that will help us get wins every Sunday. I don't understand how my thread wasn't clear.

I was glad Bryant Young was a 49er-lifer. I hope Willis and Gore become lifers. I hope we have an exponential number of lifers on this team for years to come.

I believe I am a true 49ers fan. But, can't I say that and believe that everyone else that signed up on this board is one, too? Also, the ones that haven't signed up on here yet buy season tickets, or camp in front of their tv's every Sunday to watch them play are true 49ers fans. There are so many TRUE 49ers fans out there that can't even watch or listen to them play.

It's amazing how one simple comment can be stretched and twisted out of its original context.

Hey bro I'm not saying your thread was a joke , because i actually thought it is a very good topic , I was just implying that me directing him to your thread for my answer. Was the Joke .

I'm incredibly sorry about that. I didn't know what you meant. Thank you for the clarification.
Originally posted by mullintrax:
I consider myself a prety Die hard fan as many on this site do... I check The Zone maybe two three times a day at home(or as my wife says hours a day ) and even more times on my phone.

What i think is funny is that on this site unless you have a bunch of red boxes or you are apperantly lesser of a fan,uneducated and your opinion matters less somehow.

I have been a member for over three years and have less than 400 posts. I don't say much and i don't post smiley faces and s**t just to get a few posts a day.

If you are a member of this site you must be a pretty big fan.......Or why would you post here just to be told your wrong, uninformed, spelled something wrong or forgot a period.

Sorry about the soap box, long day at work last night....If you are ever in Vegas hit me up and I'll by a fellow Niner fan a beer!!!!

To me the red box's are quite decieving. I have noticed more so then not the fresh out noobs usually get banned and usually end up talking s**t to the vets or the other members. Also the box's don't really indicate the knowledge of the new member neither. There are some new people to the zone that have a lot of good s**t to say lol
And then there are always the trolls. Other fans just swinging by to talk s**t to niner fans. Some of em are quite cool and just as knowledgeable bout our team then us.
And when they are just here to talk smack bout the niner/etc rivalry game that wk, its fun to sit back and watch the back n forth smack chat lol
Originally posted by krizay:
Quote:

Anyone who likes the 9ers and are logging on to this site. Year after year, month after month, day after day.

If you come to this site and share knowledge or atleast an oinion makes you a true 9er fan. Hell even the guys who just linger and read are true 9er fans.

Whether we all agree on certain players or decisions we are all here wanting the same goal to be achieved. Even though some live in a fantasy world and don't think we can do no wrong.

Krizay bro, your response reminded me of nhap, lol does he still post on here or did he change his name? Or did he jump ship wit nolan?
Nhap use to crack me up
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by krizay:
Quote:

Anyone who likes the 9ers and are logging on to this site. Year after year, month after month, day after day.

If you come to this site and share knowledge or atleast an oinion makes you a true 9er fan. Hell even the guys who just linger and read are true 9er fans.

Whether we all agree on certain players or decisions we are all here wanting the same goal to be achieved. Even though some live in a fantasy world and don't think we can do no wrong.

Krizay bro, your response reminded me of nhap, lol does he still post on here or did he change his name? Or did he jump ship wit nolan?
Nhap use to crack me up

He "retired" and had his account banned. Yeah, he was pretty funny while the Nolan train-wreck was in progress, But it got a little old after Singletary had taken over and had the team believing and winning some games.
Share 49ersWebzone