• Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Is it just me or does the stadium look small

Originally posted by ChazBoner:

It's kind of a perspective thing. Ask Marvin, I'm sure he drives by there from time to time. 68,500 nominal capacity ain't exactlya stadium for ants
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Beeker:

It's kind of a perspective thing. Ask Marvin, I'm sure he drives by there from time to time. 68,500 nominal capacity ain't exactlya stadium for ants

It does kind of look small until you see the workers and the vehicles, then you get a better perspective. Also, the seating bowl is so close to the field that also makes everything look real scrunched up.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 22, 2013 at 3:14 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:

It does kind of look small until you see the workers and the vehicles, then you get a better perspective. Also, the seating bowl is so close to the field that also makes everything look real scrunched up.

Yeah, that, too. Plus, until they start installing seats, the perspective is skewed. It does resemble a mid west college stadium right now LOL dam concrete seats!

Just drove by today as a matter of fact.

It's much larger than Candlestick. You don't get the enormity of it till you drive past it and see it lurking over the street.

Its right there on the street as well....just a sidewalk away.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 22, 2013 at 3:21 PM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:

It's much larger than Candlestick. You don't get the enormity of it till you drive past it and see it lurking over the street.

The upper levels look like they are top of the field compared to candlesticks upper level being a mile away
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

The upper levels look like they are top of the field compared to candlesticks upper level being a mile away

I believe that was definitely one of the architectural requirements that the fans be as close to the field as possible.
Originally posted by mayo49:

The Seating close to the field will also make the arena LOUDER!!!!

Originally posted by A9R4Life:
The Seating close to the field will also make the arena LOUDER!!!!

this all depends on the fans....hoping the likely demographic change to more South Bay fans changes for the better the intensity of the 49er fanbase which has left much to be desired apparently--there is the chance it will change to more tame, yuppy Silicon Valley types doe

Here the two 49ers stadiums (current and future) juxtaposed and superimposed on each other for a comparison:

Teams with fan bases better than ours:

Pittsburg
Philadelphia
Cleveland
Baltimore
Chicago
Green Bay
Denver
Kansas City
Buffalo
Indianapolis
New Orleans

Below us:
New York
New England
Miami
Cincinnati
Houston
Tennessee
Jacksonville
San Diego
Oakland
Washington, D.C.
Dallas
Minnesota
Detroit
Atlanta
Carolina
Tampa bay
St. Louis
Arizona

We rank #13 counting both ny teams

slightly above average
[ Edited by iLL49er on Mar 22, 2013 at 10:17 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
considering how they still show up year in and year out some could say Lions and Browns have some of the most passionate fans around lol

lions no

browns yes

browns fans are much more passionate than 49ers fans. and again, it has to do w/ the place and how much of a football town it is

lot of the posters disagreeing must either have never been to other cities that are real football towns or are just blindly being homers

What is a real football town?

A city where there is nothing else to do.
Like Pittsburgh. It's a modestly sized city, and is very isolated from any other city yet they consistently sell out their stadium and they have a great traveling fan base because everybody there adores the Steelers.
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Teams with fan bases better than ours:

Pittsburg
Philadelphia
Cleveland
Baltimore
Chicago
Green Bay
Denver
Kansas City
Buffalo
Indianapolis
New Orleans

Below us:
New York
New England
Miami
Cincinnati
Houston
Tennessee
Jacksonville
San Diego
Oakland
Washington, D.C.
Dallas
Minnesota
Detroit
Atlanta
Carolina
Tampa bay
St. Louis
Arizona

We rank #13 counting both ny teams

slightly above average
dallas, washington, new york below us? you cray cray.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Offseason banter is f**king terrible.
Share 49ersWebzone