LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Awesome Glen Coffee Quote

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What the F is this SHEET? There are GORE'OUNDS in my COFFEE... lol stretchin it?
Originally posted by GlennCoffee:
coffee will be a starter in 2-3 years. franchise player. bet on it. he runs a lot bigger than he is. as someone said earlier a very smart runner. if he does have to start this season i would be surprised to see him get 100+. never underestimate the rookie fire. he runs like hes got something to prove so i think his rookie fire will burn brighter than most. you heard it here first. in 3 years you'll all be wear coffee jerseys

Glenn Coffee speaks in the 3rd person?
Solid Quote!!! SOunds like a bad ass. he was tough in college! the sec puts out some good backs
He reminds me a little of Roger Craig on the way he runs. Let's hope he's as productive.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by GlennCoffee:
coffee will be a starter in 2-3 years. franchise player. bet on it. he runs a lot bigger than he is. as someone said earlier a very smart runner. if he does have to start this season i would be surprised to see him get 100+. never underestimate the rookie fire. he runs like hes got something to prove so i think his rookie fire will burn brighter than most. you heard it here first. in 3 years you'll all be wear coffee jerseys
Glenn Coffee speaks in the 3rd person?

is that from his twitter or something? lol.
Originally posted by zozell:
What the F is this SHEET? There are GORE'OUNDS in my COFFEE... lol stretchin it?

HAHAHAHH that was funny.
I hope we aren't subjected to a lot of dumb announcers building metaphors around Coffee's last name this season.

There's only so many times I could hear "And Coffee grinds out the first down" before

Although that is better than "And here comes Andy Lee for his 27th punt of the afternoon".
Originally posted by Overkill:
I hope we aren't subjected to a lot of dumb announcers building metaphors around Coffee's last name this season.

There's only so many times I could hear "And Coffee grinds out the first down" before

Although that is better than "And here comes Andy Lee for his 27th punt of the afternoon".

Actually, I'm hoping that Coffee gives these announcers plenty of opportunities to come up with quirky sayings about his name. That would mean he is playing well, and helping the team.

Actually, I'm hoping that Coffee gives these announcers plenty of opportunities to come up with quirky sayings about his name. That would mean he is playing well, and helping the team.

I am not looking forward to the day Chris Berman puts something together.

Of course it would be great if Coffee was giving them plenty of opportunities to mention his name. I just mean I wouldn't mind if they let a few of those opportunities go by without feeling the need to use a silly metaphor.

In reality, I probably won't even care or notice if they do use a million stupid metaphors because my attention is usually elsewhere when the game is on. So post FAIL on my part.

This is clearly an offseason issue for me...

I like my Coffee strong.

hahahaha
Interesting 3 month old article you found there
Originally posted by Dshearn:
I am an Auburn fan....Coffee is legit enough to be worth a 3rd round pick...

Glen Coffee is a Baby Marcus allen.

That is EXACTLY who he runs like.

What makes Coffee worth a Draft choice is his Vision.

He is not some major league Power back....frankly He goes down from First contact way to often to be considered a "power back".

He does run with some power , but really what makes him dangerous is his Vision. He will follow his blockers untill he sees a whole on the back side of a play then he Explodes and GASHES the defense against the grain for yardage.

I think he was a great 3rd round Pick , Hell I think he will be a great starter if Gore goes down. Maybe one of the Sleeper Picks in this draft.

I'm really glad someone made this observation. I admittedly don't follow alot of college ball, but what I've seen of Coffee had me thinking the same thing: he goes down upon initial contact. For a guy touted as such a hard runner, it almost seems a contradiction. I guess I'm not as impressed with him quite yet and word out of camp isn't exactly glowing yet either. Hopefully Gore will get enough rests for Coffee to get a chance to showcase/prove himself in real games. Sheets too!
Share 49ersWebzone