LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

Battle vs. Zeigler - Finish The Fight!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Battle vs. Zeigler - Finish The Fight!

We're carrying 5 WRs and they ain't among them.
Battle stays one more year as the wily vet. Ziegler still qualifies (I think) for the practice squad...

... and Morgan gets the most receiving yards on the team!

Battle without a question. People forget how good of a blocker he is too, Arnaz Battle is nice.
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
Battle without a question. People forget how good of a blocker he is too, Arnaz Battle is nice.

But Brandon Jones can block as well and he's faster, he has good hands, and well....he's better than Battle.
I would keep Battle easily. Take our chances putting Z on the P-squad once more.

Then again... Battle deserves better than to get pushed back further on the depth chart to sit the bench. If he's not gonna get playing time even if he earns it? We should show him the respect to let him seek a trade. SF wins by getting a draft pick... the other team wins by bringing in a sure-handed and badly undervalued WR.
yeah i agree on that, Arnaz knows how to get open though too, if its between Zeigler and Battle, its not a question to me Zeigler goes.
I don't want zeigler

I don't want keith lewis

I don't want thomas clayton
i have always loved Arnaz Battle, he was a great 3rd down WR and made some big plays.

But, with the recievers we have now...

Crab
Bruce
Morgan
Hill
Jones

all mostly young expect for Bruce, but he'll be gone next year. So battle doesnt fit this offense and Ziegler brings a young talent.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
I don't want zeigler

I don't want keith lewis

good news for you, keith lewis is goine, he's with AZ.
Originally posted by k3barlow2:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
I don't want zeigler

I don't want keith lewis

good news for you, keith lewis is goine, he's with AZ.

That's pretty funny!

I'm afraid Arnaz is gone...either waived or traded, and Ziegler goes back to the practice squad.

Cut them both. If you need to count on either one of them then the team wont be very good.
Dont forget that Battle is widely regarded as one of the best blocking WRs in the league, not a bad asset as your 5th receiver. If Battle is willing to renegotiate his contract I'll bet money that Singletary keeps him ahead of Zeigler
Breaking out the "written for the 1000th time script" in four, three, two, one...

Battle was the leading receiver for the Niners before he went down with his injury in 2009. More than Bruce, more than Hill, more than Zeigler, more than Morgan, more than B. Jones, more than B. Johnson.

Urban legend debunked: Battle played more than 40+ consecutive games before having his season cut short in 2009. He may be dinged in practice, he may sit out practices, but when the lights come on, he plays.

P.S. After all that Battle has done for this team, why does it seem like 80% of this board is eager to get rid of him? I will never, ever, ever understand.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on May 13, 2009 at 6:00 PM ]
Simple. If we were talking about a starting spot, Battle hands down. However, we are discussing the last receiver to make the 53 man. In that case give me Zeigler. If either one of them are seeing the field regularly we aren't making the playoffs anyway. I'll take Zeigler's potential over Battle's creaky knees at this point.

That being said, I think we keep 5 WR to leave a spot for another RB so the argument doesn't carry much weight.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by IWantWinners:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by IWantWinners:
Originally posted by kronik:
What makes you think we will keep 6 WR's in a run heavy offense? I think they are both gone.

Ditto.

Battle = goner
Z = practice squad again

I honestly think we can squeeze a 5th round out of the Rams or Seahawks for Battle. Do it.

And now you actually ARE discussing it.

Dude, you are just special.

I am discussing how to trade Battle not how "good" he is.

Trade his butt to the Rams or Seahawks for a 5th. They both need a WR and Battle can be their informant.

85%...
Share 49ersWebzone