There are 211 users in the forums

Bear Pascoe is a 49er!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by momoney925:
there was no need.
we have Davis and Walker.

we need a pass rusher
and a safety/cornerback.

we made a mistake with that Scott McKillop guy and this Pascoe guy.

He is going to be a blocking TE like Bajema was. Maybe this will allow VD to go out for passes instead of blocking.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Let's hope he can be a goal line go-to guy.

hes huge and every time I watched him in a game he showed good hands when he was thrown to and was tough.

Hes slower than Jonas Jennings after being shot with a tranquilizer dart tho

Speed doesn't matter more than knowing where to go in the zone.

Drafting Bear was drafting for need. I don't know why some think he isn't a need. So far, we suck at goal line or short yardage situation. To get a guy who can block with that height and is a fluid runner, he is ideal for goal line scoring, blocking or passing.

He was a QB and understands the defensive zone. I think it is a solid selection.

I'm sorry, but Walker is not a TE, H-Back, T-Back, Z-Back...whatever they call it, nor is he a WR. This basically means he's a 3rd down situational player. If you are going to do that with a TE, you might as well bring in a scat back or a 3rd WR who can do it better because Walker isn't going to block much.
Really happpy about this pick... i'm a big FSU fan and always kept my eye on this guy. I was always impressed w/ his good hands; a clutch performer. Should definately help w/ the blocking too.
I'm sure we're hoping that V. Davis benefits from this as well... but overall a good value pick; he should see a lot of action. Nice to see a San Joaquin Valley guy make the Niners!

hes huge and every time I watched him in a game he showed good hands when he was thrown to and was tough.

Drafting Bear was drafting for need. I don't know why some think he isn't a need. So far, we suck at goal line or short yardage situation. To get a guy who can block with that height and is a fluid runner, he is ideal for goal line scoring, blocking or passing.

He was a QB and understands the defensive zone. I think it is a solid selection.

I'm sorry, but Walker is not a TE, H-Back, T-Back, Z-Back...whatever they call it, nor is he a WR. This basically means he's a 3rd down situational player. If you are going to do that with a TE, you might as well bring in a scat back or a 3rd WR who can do it better because Walker isn't going to block much.

honestly, i think people are really UNDERESTIMATING just how good of a pick this is. he could turn out to be a HUGE upgrade over billy. he has legitamite receiving skills. he could be one of the keys to finally converting those 1st and goal from the 5 situations to TDs instead of FGs. he seems to be a MORE PHYSICAL blocker than billy and with his size and pass catching ability he can leak out and grab a TD pass once in a while. i could see him as a 3-5 TD receptions per year type TE just from goalline situations. think of him the way the patriots use vrabel (for a really bad but obvious example.) ANY PRODUCTION we get from him will be an upgrade. we were better off just bringing in an extra OL than bringing billy cuz nobody respected him as a TE.
Originally posted by 9erHIGH:

honestly, i think people are really UNDERESTIMATING just how good of a pick this is. he could turn out to be a HUGE upgrade over billy. he has legitamite receiving skills. he could be one of the keys to finally converting those 1st and goal from the 5 situations to TDs instead of FGs. he seems to be a MORE PHYSICAL blocker than billy and with his size and pass catching ability he can leak out and grab a TD pass once in a while. i could see him as a 3-5 TD receptions per year type TE just from goalline situations. think of him the way the patriots use vrabel (for a really bad but obvious example.) ANY PRODUCTION we get from him will be an upgrade. we were better off just bringing in an extra OL than bringing billy cuz nobody respected him as a TE.

IF he turns out to be very fluid and effective at catching, then we just may have a very dangerous double tight formation.
Originally posted by CMBieschke:
Maybe we might convert him to an OT. Sing will let us know in a few seconds on NFL network.

Mike Nolan just called Sing, to tell him this guy could be converted to safety!
sing drafted a guy named bear
  • ddc58
  • Info N/A

Well I coached against Bear when he was in High School. I actually have old film of him when he was a QB. What he learned in High School as a QB doesn't translate to the NFL. But as a 49er fan I was hoping they would draft him because he's a good guy and could be a real steal at the TE position. He could be a good all around TE in time. He played basketball in High School and was a solid athlete for as big as he is.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"I've got a very high pain tolerance."

- Bear Pascoe

Link

Sixth-round pick McKenna Sean Pascoe is better known as "Bear." He joked that he got the nickname because he came out of his mother's womb "growling, ready to fight."

Bear Pascoe grew into a 6-1, 251-pound tight end that Fresno State Coach Pat Hill called "the most devastating blocker we've ever had at his position."

I was listening to Mike Lamb at KHTK in Sacramento, and he was talking to Ted Robinson about the 49ers draft. He said the one player that really stood out to him, Lamb used to play Oline for the Raiders, was B. Pascoe. He felt Pascoe willl be a really good pick for the Niners. Big, good blocker, good attitude, and good hands. All around good player that stood out.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
This is going to be very interesting.

Pascoe is going to be a fantastic role player in the 49ers offense. The fact that we also signed Marvel Smith will free up Vernon Davis to run routes.

Bruce -------- Davis---OLine/Pascoe--------Crabtree

Hill

Gore
FFREEESNNOOOO SSTTTAATTTE

hes gonna make up for the terrible things Dilfer did
FFREEESNNOOOO SSTTTAATTTE

hes gonna make up for the terrible things Dilfer did

I'm against human sacrifice...
i know he was impressing people over the mini camp...but can we please stop predicting this guy to be SO GREAT?...i think he can be a very solid TE in a year or two...but as for this year he will not see the field to much besides to block

sure he is impressing people....but it was a ROOKIE MINI CAMP....there were NO starting defensive players....except i think Goldson was there

so can the board please stop saying that Pascoe will have 650 receiving yards and that VD and D-Love should watch out because this guy is going to take their spot...its not going to happen this year....maybe in the future it is possible...but most defiantly not this year.....Pascoe replace VD in his rookie year
[ Edited by 49ers18 on May 3, 2009 at 3:10 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ers18:
i know he was impressing people over the mini camp...but can we please stop predicting this guy to be SO GREAT?...i think he can be a very solid TE in a year or two...but as for this year he will not see the field to much besides to block

sure he is impressing people....but it was a ROOKIE MINI CAMP....there were NO starting defensive players....except i think Goldson was there

so can the board please stop saying that Pascoe will have 650 receiving yards and that VD and D-Love should watch out because this guy is going to take their spot...its not going to happen this year....maybe in the future it is possible...but most defiantly not this year.....Pascoe replace VD in his rookie year
[ Edited by endz0ne on May 3, 2009 at 2:55 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone