LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree is a 49er!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"I still feel like I'm the top receiver," the former Texas Tech star said. "He's a good receiver, the person who went ahead of me. I choose not to worry about that.

Crabtree Article
  • Clownshoes
  • Info N/A
Also Remember Crabtree has only been playing WR for 3 years now. He was a full time QB in high school. So to learn the position in 3 years and be kind of talent he was is pretty amazing IMO.Im sure after Rice and Sanders work on him he will defiantly be productive.
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Clownshoes:
Originally posted by wshaheen321:
I read somewhere on this forum that while Deion had that camp and Crabtree was there he went up against Pacman and made him leave the field out of frustration.

Any truth to this?

If there is, that's pretty damn good getting into the head of an old Pro Bowl CB.

{Maybe the most beneficial experience, though, came when Sanders invited Crabtree to attend his camp at SMU last summer. With NFL all-stars such as Devin Hester and T.J. Houshmandzadeh looking on, Crabtree went one-on-one with Pacman. More times than not, the college kid beat the pro.

“It was remarkable,” Wells said. “He looked like he’d already been playing in the NFL for years. Pacman, naturally, was all mad and pissed off about it. But in the end he couldn’t help but compliment Michael and show his respect.”}

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=jn-crabtree111408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

He will defiantly be a productive receiver but it will defiantly take time to adjust to the NFL level and recover fully from his surgery.

"Crabtree’s maturation off the field has been striking, too. Last spring he returned to Dallas and went to a party with some of his friends from high school. The next day Wells learned that Crabtree had returned home before midnight.

“He said there was some stuff going on that he didn’t want to be around,” said Wells, who declined to provide specifics. “You’re not going to catch him smoking. You’re not going to catch him drinking. You’re not going to catch him doing things he’s not supposed to do.

“I’m around pro athletes every day and he’s been around them, too. You see how they screw up. You see the money they’ve made and lost. That’s not going to happen to Michael. He’s got his head on straight.” "

Great article. Makes me feel good to know that he knows when to get out of trouble when he sees it. The guy knows what he's doing, you got that right. So happy we got him.

Hopefully, he can school everyone else he matches up against in the pros like he did to Pacman this season! Prove there doesn't have to be a learning curve!

CANNOT WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START!!
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Clownshoes:
Originally posted by wshaheen321:
I read somewhere on this forum that while Deion had that camp and Crabtree was there he went up against Pacman and made him leave the field out of frustration.

Any truth to this?

If there is, that's pretty damn good getting into the head of an old Pro Bowl CB.

{Maybe the most beneficial experience, though, came when Sanders invited Crabtree to attend his camp at SMU last summer. With NFL all-stars such as Devin Hester and T.J. Houshmandzadeh looking on, Crabtree went one-on-one with Pacman. More times than not, the college kid beat the pro.

“It was remarkable,” Wells said. “He looked like he’d already been playing in the NFL for years. Pacman, naturally, was all mad and pissed off about it. But in the end he couldn’t help but compliment Michael and show his respect.”}

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=jn-crabtree111408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

He will defiantly be a productive receiver but it will defiantly take time to adjust to the NFL level and recover fully from his surgery.

"Crabtree’s maturation off the field has been striking, too. Last spring he returned to Dallas and went to a party with some of his friends from high school. The next day Wells learned that Crabtree had returned home before midnight.

“He said there was some stuff going on that he didn’t want to be around,” said Wells, who declined to provide specifics. “You’re not going to catch him smoking. You’re not going to catch him drinking. You’re not going to catch him doing things he’s not supposed to do.

“I’m around pro athletes every day and he’s been around them, too. You see how they screw up. You see the money they’ve made and lost. That’s not going to happen to Michael. He’s got his head on straight.” "

excellent article. we may very well indeed have someone special at WR now.
Can't wait until training camp. So we can see him on the field.
I love this part:

...few weeks ago Michael Crabtree picked up his cell phone and called Deion Sanders and asked him if he ever used to dream.

Not about money or cars or women or fame, but about making plays and scoring touchdowns.

“I’d been doing that a lot,” Crabtree said, “and I wanted to find out if it was normal. Deion said it was.”

That’s why Crabtree wasn’t surprised when he made the game-winning catch with one second remaining in Texas Tech’s 38-33 victory over Texas on Nov. 1. He said he’d visualized the play countless times in his sleep.

Some snickered at Crabtree’s comments, but Leach believed every word.

“I bet he thought it through thousands of times,” Leach said. “That’s the thing about Michael: He’s not doing this for a bunch of attention or trophies. Michael just loves football at a level that most players don’t.”

Leach said one of his favorite all-time quotes came from Crabtree after the game that night.

“Someone asked him about the next opponent and about playing in all these big games against ranked teams,” Leach said. “Michael just said, ‘I never think about any of that. All I see are balls in the air.’”

Damm I can't wait to see him in 9ers red catching TOUCHDOWNS!!! Can the season start tomorrow!! We got ourselves a player my friends!!!!
and he used to play QB so he could be used on gadget plays too. it just keeps getting better and better
My away Crabtree jersey is on the way
Does anyone know when he expects to be running around with his new teammates?
Originally posted by DANADA:

I have an incredible wife who loves to give me the new draft pick jersey for Daddy's day. I am soooo stoked because I love this pick since Patrick Willis. Heck, I didn't get Balmer's jersey last year so I have to make up for lost time.

I am so looking forward to this one:

anyone watch path to the draft?

if crabtree got that loft, its baller
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Does anyone know when he expects to be running around with his new teammates?

hope singletary answers this question over the weekend
Originally posted by ninertico:

I have an incredible wife who loves to give me the new draft pick jersey for Daddy's day. I am soooo stoked because I love this pick since Patrick Willis. Heck, I didn't get Balmer's jersey last year so I have to make up for lost time.

Sweet!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by ninertico:

must be the lighting cuz in the press conference when crabtree was holding up his jersey it looked much brighter but this pic makes our color look exactly like the card unis
Originally posted by AZ9er:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Now lets find someone to throw him the ball.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder what the brain trust is thinking, will they try to get an extra qb in the draft to battle with Hill, Smith and Huard or not. None of these guys really excite me but if we can beef up the run game with more protection and a solid full back then I will feel better about any of the above 3 qbs passing the ball to Crabtree.

I love the pick like everyone but will not get my hopes up.

This could end up being Vernon Davis part II.
Share 49ersWebzone