There are 269 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: New Uni's Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • the_woad
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 666SF666SF:
Totally Luvum. I especially like the decision to have Willis and Clements(?) model them - Willis looking and smiling like Bob Marley with tattoos!

Originally posted by the_woad:
Totally Luvum. I especially like the decision to have Willis and Clements(?) model them - Willis looking and smiling like Bob Marley with tattoos!

They better not fix the stripes on the sleeves. I just received my "authentic" willis jersey.
the more and more I look at the pants, they're closer to an olive green color
i wonder if the same people who make fun of crabtree for wanting to be a clothing designer are criticizing and suggesting changes to the 49ers uniforms
  • the_woad
  • Info N/A

• ninerstar
  • Info N/A
Why are our pants now green? I like gold better.
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
They look good to me, But I would like to see the shiny gold pants instead of the dull gold color.

You and me both.....the new pants look like old copper....they have a green tint to them.... Bring back the gold!!!
Originally posted by the_woad:
Originally posted by linkboy:
Here's what I propose (with picture of Bly for reference) for fixing the uniforms.

A) Drop the gold circle from the logo (fill it with red). The gold isn't blending in with the helmet. Basically you'll have combined the old logo with the 96 logo (the 96 logo is more streamlined). I'll post an example tomorrow (when I get home).

B) Lower the logo. To me it looks like its centered to high. Move it down a bit and it'll look better

C) The stripes. Make them like last years uniforms (but solid white stripes). There's a lot of ample space between the sleeve and the pads where it they would work perfectly.See Pittsburgh's uniforms as an example of what I'm talking about. That will still allow the stripes to be there, but allows players to tuck their sleeves (or wear the elastic that some do).

D) The pants. Even though I feel these aren't the regular season pants, if they are though, here's what I propose. Bring back the shiny gold. Also, no knee high pants like what Bly is wearing, it just looks stupid.

A few tweaks and this uniform set will be perfect, they're not far off.

Strongly agree on all points......send the memo to Jed!!!
[ Edited by nw9erfan on Aug 24, 2009 at 12:28 AM ]
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
They better not fix the stripes on the sleeves. I just received my "authentic" willis jersey.

Can you post some pics? I want to see what the authentics actually look like.

Shade of red looked great in the sunlight during 1st quarter of raider game. Like many, I'm hoping the dull, greenish gold in the pants is just for preseason and the shiny pants will be worn for the regular season.
  • B650
  • Veteran
What's up with everyone wanting shiny gold pants? This is football. We're the 49ers. If you want shiny gold pants go watch some ballerinas performing or something. Just my opinion: I like the uniforms the way they are. If anything, there's already too much gold in the home jerseys. I would've like to see maybe a little more white or even white pants with gold/red stripes. Either way, I like the new uniforms.
[ Edited by B650 on Aug 23, 2009 at 4:28 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erStorm:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Can you post some pics? I want to see what the authentics actually look like.

Watch the games
They sure looked nice last night.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
They sure looked nice last night.

yeah they did. the more i see them the more i like 'em.
Share 49ersWebzone