LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Why hasn't Roman been cut yet?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Roman....hurry up, pack your stuff and bounce!
I'd trade him for a weeks supply of Gatorade.
Peace!
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Why don't the 49ers jus cut him....

Why cut and take the cap hit if you can trade for something? Hows the FS market look in this years draft?
pffttt........

• GORO
  • Veteran
Keith Lewis should be our back up and Roman should have been released.
Originally posted by hec26:
Originally posted by 49erman:
I don't know whether to be happy about this or not. On one hand, Mark Roman was an average safety at best and we needed an upgrade at the position. But I don't like the fact that by letting him seek a trade we're basically giving the starting job to Dashon Goldson. The FS spot is the QB of the secondary. They handle all the calls and most of the time they wear the radio in the helmet. Now as much as I like Goldson, what has he done to earn the starting job? Not much in my opinion. I was hoping he would earn the job by getting better this offseason and playing well into the preseason. But maybe the 49ers' brass knows something I don't. I still say we need to draft someone to give him some competition and offer us some depth.

dude no disrespect but open your eyes, roman was complete garbage and because of him we lost a few gms the 1 i remeber the most where he gave up the only 2 tds to the phins, he took away an int from clements and missed a tackle on ronnie brown that wouldve prevented that long run and time to run off. also the mon night game it was him that whiffed on boldin badly that allowed boldin to score a td. i dont care if we may be giving the job to goldson but the coaching staff may know something and goldson shouldve learned a lot bout the position at this time. only knock on goldson is his injury issue.

Good points man but I still don't feel right now making Goldson earn the starting job. Yes Roman was bad in deep coverage, I'll agree with you there. But it just seems to me like we should let them duke it out for the job. We still need to add to that position via the draft tho. Goldson still needs to prove to me that he's an upgrade over Roman and that he can stay healthy over a 16 game season. Roman will be back with the team though because nobody is gonna trade for him. Unless we cut him, he might as well just get comfortable on the bench.
Originally posted by GORO:

keith lewis was helpful for 1 thing and that was special teams. dude should never see the field on d. im just not a keith lewis lover like lots were when he was here
  • Blackgoat49ers5
  • Info N/A
Mark Roman was a pretty good open field tackler but was horrible at everything else! GOOD BYE
Originally posted by GORO:

Lewis is worse in coverage than Roman,wtf is with the love for this career special teamer?

• NinerNZ
  • Info N/A
I don't know whether to be happy about this or not. On one hand, Mark Roman was an average safety at best and we needed an upgrade at the position. But I don't like the fact that by letting him seek a trade we're basically giving the starting job to Dashon Goldson. The FS spot is the QB of the secondary. They handle all the calls and most of the time they wear the radio in the helmet. Now as much as I like Goldson, what has he done to earn the starting job? Not much in my opinion. I was hoping he would earn the job by getting better this offseason and playing well into the preseason. But maybe the 49ers' brass knows something I don't. I still say we need to draft someone to give him some competition and offer us some depth.

dude no disrespect but open your eyes, roman was complete garbage and because of him we lost a few gms the 1 i remeber the most where he gave up the only 2 tds to the phins, he took away an int from clements and missed a tackle on ronnie brown that wouldve prevented that long run and time to run off. also the mon night game it was him that whiffed on boldin badly that allowed boldin to score a td. i dont care if we may be giving the job to goldson but the coaching staff may know something and goldson shouldve learned a lot bout the position at this time. only knock on goldson is his injury issue.

Good points man but I still don't feel right now making Goldson earn the starting job. Yes Roman was bad in deep coverage, I'll agree with you there. But it just seems to me like we should let them duke it out for the job. We still need to add to that position via the draft tho. Goldson still needs to prove to me that he's an upgrade over Roman and that he can stay healthy over a 16 game season. Roman will be back with the team though because nobody is gonna trade for him. Unless we cut him, he might as well just get comfortable on the bench.

I hear you, man.

We take a guy who has never started a game in his NFL life and install him as starter with no competition.
At the same time we take a starter, who has done more than was asked of him, improved the performance of the team as a whole, and we take the starter tag away from him because, "we need to competition for the position" !
Who? SHill.
No harm with competing but then let's be consistent. Why do you have to disrespect SHill, but feel compelled to elevate a 2nd stringer without his having to compete for the job?
This is typical of the Bullsh*t double talk that characterizes the current administration.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerNZ:

I hear you, man.

We take a guy who has never started a game in his NFL life and install him as starter with no competition.
At the same time we take a starter, who has done more than was asked of him, improved the performance of the team as a whole, and we take the starter tag away from him because, "we need to competition for the position" !
Who? SHill.
No harm with competing but then let's be consistent. Why do you have to disrespect SHill, but feel compelled to elevate a 2nd stringer without his having to compete for the job?
This is typical of the Bullsh*t double talk that characterizes the current administration.

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!

I understand the potential they see of Goldson, supposedly in practice, but he is unproven on the field. Like I said, I'm not sold on Goldson yet.
  • windawest
  • Info N/A
It's been reported the 49ers feelings are mutual.

link

"Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports the San Francisco 49ers have given FS Mark Roman permission to seek a trade, according to Roman’s agent. San Francisco envisions Roman as a backup in 2009 if he remains with the team."
  • 49ers41510
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by NinerNZ:

I hear you, man.

Who? SHill.

he's started 2 games
Share 49ersWebzone