There are 252 users in the forums

Brock Wright TE, signed by DET

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Wow they must see something in him to offer a multi year deal. That isn't exactly chump change either

That is very surprising, indeed. So much for Latu and Brayden.

Maybe they can convert Latu into a guard?

It's happened where TE's have gone to OLine positions.

Worth a try since he has been invisible at this point.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Wow they must see something in him to offer a multi year deal. That isn't exactly chump change either

That is very surprising, indeed. So much for Latu and Brayden.

Haha. TE to T is a certainly a thing (Joe Staley). Don't tell NY85 that though.
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Brock throw and Brock catch TOUCHDOWN.

BCB - big c*ck brock
&
BCB - big catch brock

Rock with your Brock's out?!?
Really, nobody's said it???

Championship!
  • BP13
  • Veteran
two Brock's don't make a Wright......anyone said this yet?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BP13:

…but they did make a Wright
  • BP13
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:

I hate the off season
Just read the front page article on this, apparently the deal has $6M of the $12M GTD, didn't say if fully or not, I can't imagine the 49ers wanting to help the Lions out by negotiating a deal for them, they had to do something different than normal so DET won't match it, but I talked to the guy who does what I do for the Lions, we follow each other on X/Twitter, he thinks they match it, he's apparently a really good TE, would be a huge upgrade over Dwelley & Woerner.

If the Lions don't match it, I'm assuming the 49ers keep 4 TEs again, with Kittle, Wright, Latu, & Willis being those as of Wednesday when we know for sure, I can see them drafting a TE late to compete with Latu & Willis, but the reason I think 4 TEs make it, is because the NFL changed the rule for the 3rd QB rule, it can be a PS player, now that might not effect the 49ers, they gave Dobbs a fully GTD $2.25M deal, they GTD Allen $300K, which isn't a lot, he could go to the PS, but the problem is he could only be active 3 times, Idk if the new rule allows for the 3rd QB to be an extra elevation that wouldn't count towards the 3 games max, meaning they may be able to stash Allen on the PS, have him as the Emergency 3rd QB every game, he gets paid the high end in practice squad salary for 2024, which would be $21,300 a week, or $383,400 for the season(18 weeks), I think even if Allen makes the 53 we keep 4 TEs, Kyle has done this before, 2023 he kept Brock, Darnold, & Allen at QB, & then Kittle, Dwelley, Woerner, & Willis at TE on initial 53-man roster, but the new rule could really be a game changer, we could keep an extra DB, WR, OL, or who knows what position.

Anyway, hoping the Lions don't match the offer, hope the 49ers front loaded the 2024 year in a way that the Lions don't like, or they structured it in a way where both 2024 & 2025 are fully GTD, plus a decent signing bonus, but we shall see on Wednesday.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Latu already converted once from DE to TE. My guess is his next conversion will be from current to former NFL player.
  • thl408
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
My reaction is 'why'. Just seems like waste of cap space to put this towards a backup TE.

We need to try and think like Kyle. It's becoming clear he wants to employ two TE sets. The double dipping in the 2023 draft and now this. He wants a good TE2.

Rock with your Brock's out?!?

Always, all the way out
Originally posted by okdkid:

I hate the off season

Lol cute

Purdy fly for a Wright guy?
Can I get a prize for that one? Lol
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Only reason I hope lions match it is to see if latu or Willis can step up
Why not pay the same money to Woerner instead ?

I don't get what this team does with TEs behind Kittle. Woerner made sense as a blocking TE but they let him go.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
It's very clear now that Kittle was a fluke.

ShanaLynch can't evaluate TE talent (among other positions) to save their lives.
[ Edited by Koldo on Mar 30, 2024 at 12:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone