LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 157 users in the forums

NFL Sunday Ticket prices on YouTube, not cheap

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by lamontb:
It's 2023 where the f**k is the option to only buy Niner games? I don't need these other random games that I'm not even going to watch.

A lot of Directv folks were hoping for that when Boob Tube bought the rights. It seems to me that thye would get more money in the long run if they provided that option. They could keep the season option for those that wanted it and give them a slight cost savings. The $349 breaks down to a little over $19 per week (18 weeks) The $449 price for non You Tube subscribers works out to $25 per game. Instead of that option have a single game pay per view at $20-$25. At least 4 and maybe 5 Niner games will be on national TV. They do it for boxing and MMA. They do it for movies. Is it the NFL that won't allow it?
I won't pay a penny for the NFL. If I can find a free site I'll watch, but no thanks. For me I will not pay reparations to multi billionaires for a product that does not do it for me any longer. Very soon there will be flat amount to watch the Super Bowl, 49.99 seems like the right amount. This Sucka says no thanks.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by lamontb:
It's 2023 where the f**k is the option to only buy Niner games? I don't need these other random games that I'm not even going to watch.

A lot of Directv folks were hoping for that when Boob Tube bought the rights. It seems to me that thye would get more money in the long run if they provided that option. They could keep the season option for those that wanted it and give them a slight cost savings. The $349 breaks down to a little over $19 per week (18 weeks) The $449 price for non You Tube subscribers works out to $25 per game. Instead of that option have a single game pay per view at $20-$25. At least 4 and maybe 5 Niner games will be on national TV. They do it for boxing and MMA. They do it for movies. Is it the NFL that won't allow it?

That would be my guess. For some reason they don't want to allow this. Oh well I'll just keep illegally streaming
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
Can you stream on multiple TVs in different places. As in split the cost with family in a different state?

I doubt it. I had friends who tried to split youtube TV this past year and they had to cancel because of the IP detection.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I won't pay a penny for the NFL. If I can find a free site I'll watch, but no thanks. For me I will not pay reparations to multi billionaires for a product that does not do it for me any longer. Very soon there will be flat amount to watch the Super Bowl, 49.99 seems like the right amount. This Sucka says no thanks.

there will never be a pay per view style for the Super Bowl. have you seen how much the ads cost?
Originally posted by JMyaer:
I look at like this (nationally televised games notwithstanding) I get all 17 49ers games guaranteed for 349÷17=20.52 each or even better any 2 games I want to watch for 18 weeks 349÷36=9.70 each. By my humble math & in my humble opinion worth it!

yea, for the math its def worth it. rather than going to the bar/restaurant or whatever each sunday spending even more.

im getting it for sure
YouTube TV lagged by 54 seconds last SB

so if you are in game thread , you are one play behind everyone else
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Can't we just pay for the 49er games all year long ?
Originally posted by 9moon:
Can't we just pay for the 49er games all year long ?

No, you get to pay to watch 9ers live then Cowboys highlights 24/7 the rest of the time
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
Originally posted by JMyaer:
I look at like this (nationally televised games notwithstanding) I get all 17 49ers games guaranteed for 349÷17=20.52 each or even better any 2 games I want to watch for 18 weeks 349÷36=9.70 each. By my humble math & in my humble opinion worth it!

yea, for the math its def worth it. rather than going to the bar/restaurant or whatever each sunday spending even more.

im getting it for sure

Yeah, me too. I save money and eat better for something I would be doing anyway.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Lol at everyone b***hing about the prices of Sunday ticket. Do you guys even know what it costs to go to one of these damn games?? They just raised ticket prices again for next season. It's absolutely ludicrous.

That's why I said in my post above that the NFL is full of itself. They have been #1 in the ratings for so long that they think they can charge whatever they want and people will pay. So far they're right buy it's getting close to being way too much.

Most fans salaries are barely increasing while players and coaches are jumping like crazy. Top QBs will soon be making $60-$70 million per year. Top coaches will be making $15 million? Maybe more. Roger Goodell is currently making $30 million per year and is asking for an increase to $50 million plus a private jet for the rest of his life. What world do these people live in? What does he do other than negotiate a contract every couple years and walk out on stage during the draft so people can boo him. He probably has negotiators doing the real work.

Exactly. It's crazy. It's already one of the top 5 or so most expensive tickets in the NFL. It's definitely getting old watching things go this way. Bring back the days of the stick!

I got them links .
$449 isn't that bad. You will spend more if you go to a sports bar every week * 17 weeks. Probably so at least.

$449 / 17 weeks = $26.41 a week. For a non YouTube TV subscriber. Which will probably be me. Maybe so. It might be worth it. Wish it was a little less. Like $300 something. But maybe worth it anyway.
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
$449 isn't that bad. You will spend more if you go to a sports bar every week * 17 weeks. Probably so at least.

$449 / 17 weeks = $26.41 a week. For a non YouTube TV subscriber. Which will probably be me. Maybe so. It might be worth it. Wish it was a little less. Like $300 something. But maybe worth it anyway.

Isn't it $349 if you order before June? Doesn't seem to bad to me tbh.
Originally posted by Happs:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Isn't it $349 if you order before June? Doesn't seem to bad to me tbh.

I might do it. Probably better than a sports bar to have every game at home.
Share 49ersWebzone