Pre-Draft Tracker: Visits, Meetings, Workouts, Picks →

There are 165 users in the forums

DB Isaiah Oliver

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • titan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,818
We will see Waddle and Tyreek with those type of routes
Originally posted by titan:
We will see Waddle and Tyreek with those type of routes

nah game plan will be different. They put him in motion for him to go against the slot guy and we ran a cover 1 blitz so he was able to get open on sideline. We will be blanketing Miami.

edit:wait we don't even play them this year lol
[ Edited by ritz126 on Oct 9, 2023 at 7:37 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,165
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by titan:
We will see Waddle and Tyreek with those type of routes

nah game plan will be different. They put him in motion for him to go against the slot guy and we ran a cover 1 blitz so he was able to get open on sideline. We will be blanketing Miami.

edit:wait we don't even play them this year lol

the MORE i see this guy play, the more I think he's a natural FS...
Originally posted by titan:
We will see Waddle and Tyreek with those type of routes

He's a big press corner. Elite within the first 10 yards but he's too slow to cover fast guys if he can't get good jam.

They were saying this about him in the preseason and it's the same thing we saw on the TD. The cowboys were smart and dialed up their fast guy in motion and got him 1 on 1 on our big press corner.

Smart game planning by them.

It doesn't mean Oliver is bad though he's just not good in that situation. He's great in the first 10 yards.
Had a good game overall I thought, apart from that play.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,165
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Originally posted by titan:
We will see Waddle and Tyreek with those type of routes

He's a big press corner. Elite within the first 10 yards but he's too slow to cover fast guys if he can't get good jam.

They were saying this about him in the preseason and it's the same thing we saw on the TD. The cowboys were smart and dialed up their fast guy in motion and got him 1 on 1 on our big press corner.

Smart game planning by them.

It doesn't mean Oliver is bad though he's just not good in that situation. He's great in the first 10 yards.

WELL, one thing's for sure, at least he's better than Granpa DJ and PI Norm !!
Played a very good game.

Getting a little bit better every week.
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
especially with a running start. The silver lining, this mistake can be coached up.

that isnt a coaching issue it was just a great play on Dallas to create a mismatch and they took advantage

Nah I think it can be coached, as mentioned earlier it looked as if he was lazy from the start of the snap and with that speed he got over him too easy. He can be coached on being more locked in on every snap so that difference of speed won't show that much and contest the ball making it a harder catch or an incomplete pass.
Originally posted by titan:
We will see Waddle and Tyreek with those type of routes

No we won't because Miami isn't beating Buffalo or KC with that trash defense. Scoring a bunch of points doesn't matter when you can't stop good offenses from scoring 30+ on your D.
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by titan:
We will see Waddle and Tyreek with those type of routes

No we won't because Miami isn't beating Buffalo or KC with that trash defense. Scoring a bunch of points doesn't matter when you can't stop good offenses from scoring 30+ on your D.

I think KC is the 2nd most overrated team in the league, only trailing the Cowboys. Find out a lot about them when they play Buffalo, Miami and Philly. But Miami almost beat Buffalo in the playoffs last year with their #2 QB, so I don't think I'd write off McDaniel's coaching job. AFC is a lot tougher to predict than the NFC, but I don't think any of those teams can go toe to toe with the Niners.


This guy makes me miss Dontae Johnson and josh Norman.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

This guy makes me miss Dontae Johnson and josh Norman.

Had very high hopes for him
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

This guy makes me miss Dontae Johnson and josh Norman.

Is that good? LOL
hes not whats wrong with the Defense
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,357
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
hes not whats wrong with the Defense

You're right. I'd blame the coaches for putting him in.

The bigger picture from the last 4 games:

Share 49ersWebzone