There are 239 users in the forums

Superbowls

Shop 49ers game tickets
You can put together the best roster in the league but ultimately superbowls now days are won by calls and non calls by the leagues officials. KC has benefited greatly from the leagues officials in both of their Super Bowl titles. Anyone that thinks otherwise is only kidding themselves. How many more super bowls would the Niners have if they got the Mahomes treatment in these games. I'm sick of the league and it's favoritism.
The chiefs were winning that game and were already in field goal range when that last flag was thrown.
Imagine if Butker didn't miss and Hurts didn't fumble. Score would have been most likely 38-42 Eagles. Chiefs would be forced to go for the td holding call or not. It would have been an exciting ending.
Originally posted by BobSacamano69:
The chiefs were winning that game and were already in field goal range when that last flag was thrown.
the flag is what gave the Chiefs more downs to run out the clock. if not there would be more time for the eagles to get in FG range.. either way it was a hold
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
the flag is what gave the Chiefs more downs to run out the clock. if not there would be more time for the eagles to get in FG range.. either way it was a hold

Ya but the chiefs were murdering them the second half. The game was over.

Too many dudes believing the ESPN hype an headlines over the reality an truth of what happens in the games. The funniest part is the eagles were in this game due to multiple questionable referee calls earlier in the season too. Now they complain they get a flag for one of their players holding. Comedy.
every fan bases cries about the refs in every sport
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
You can put together the best roster in the league but ultimately superbowls now days are won by calls and non calls by the leagues officials. KC has benefited greatly from the leagues officials in both of their Super Bowl titles. Anyone that thinks otherwise is only kidding themselves. How many more super bowls would the Niners have if they got the Mahomes treatment in these games. I'm sick of the league and it's favoritism.

No favoritism.. i thought it was a soft call and this is two super bowls in a row with poor calls, however, PHI had their chances. 3rd and 1, qb sneak is coming, false start on the guard. 3rd and 6, Hurts puts it on the ground, kicks it to Bolton, scoop score TD Chiefs. Can't have that scoop score TD in a Super Bowl, and 3rd and 6 never should have happened but it was their own fault.

Nobody's fault, but their own

couple factors tho.

Chiefs kicker missed a fg earlier on.
If there was no ghost holding call, there's still a minute and a half left for the Eggles to go down the field and score with NO timeouts.

MAYBE if the Jalen, I'M THE MAN THE MAN THE MAN, Hurts didn't fumble for a Chiefs TD , MAYBE, if the Chiefs didn't return a punt for a red zone possesion, Eagles would've won but.......then again......SCREW DA EAGLES.

• thl408
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

couple factors tho.

If there was no ghost holding call, there's still a minute and a half left for the Eggles to go down the field and score with NO timeouts.

MAYBE if the Jalen, I'M THE MAN THE MAN THE MAN, Hurts didn't fumble for a Chiefs TD , MAYBE, if the Chiefs didn't return a punt for a red zone possesion, Eagles would've won but.......then again......SCREW DA EAGLES.

When they showed his face during the anthem, I knew that if PHI lost, this would be all over the internet - the internet never fails.
Originally posted by thl408:

couple factors tho.

When they showed his face during the anthem, I knew that if PHI lost, this would be all over the internet - the internet never fails.

🦅

Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:

They get the most favorable calls. Always in the key moments too. No question the league refs for KC first. Then according to the actual rules and other teams 2nd.
Maybe one day the Niners will no longer be the villains of the postseason and get the benefit of the call from the officials.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
How about blaming the opposing teams for choking against them ? We had a 10 point lead with 7 minutes left. 3 offensive possessions for us in that time span with nothing to show for it. Philly put up 11 points in the second half. Their defense gave up 24 and would likely have bee 28 if KC needed a TD on that final drive.

Sorry both SF and Philly choked when the game was on the line. Can't blame Mahomes for that…
  • krizay
  • Veteran
couple factors tho.

The DB called for holding admitted that it was a hold and was hoping they wouldn't call it in that spot.

[ Edited by krizay on Feb 13, 2023 at 6:34 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:
The DB called for holding admitted that it was a hold and was hoping they wouldn't call it in that spot.

Again I give that dude massive props. He has to be gutted to lose the Super Bowl and still taking accountability folks. It's a lesson for everyone. Cool dude and refreshing to see it.
Share 49ersWebzone